Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by English-help)
    Do many people do foundation year? I am thinking of doing it & im planning on resitting 4 exams as i got ACE and was 1 ums mark off each grade so whilst doing foundation year can i resit the 3 exams? So i can get A*BC? Or should i take a gap year and resit externally?
    A foundation year is generally for people who have alternative qualifications (i.e. non-degree subject related A-Levels) or work experience that can be considered in lieu of the normal A-Level/BTEC/SQAs etc. If you're eligible, they are a fantastic way to get up to speed and you may end up having the advantage over students that go directly into Year 1 of their degree!

It might be a big ask to resit 3 or 4 exams and undertake a foundation year at the same time, although if you resat during the summer (if possible) and then went on to start your foundation year in September, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

It might be worth talking to a careers adviser at your college and also thinking about the financial side of things. How much does a foundation year cost compared to a gap-year + resits?

At the end of the day, if you want it, you can do it.

ReputationRep:
    hELP I MET AND EXCEEDED MY OFFER AND ACCIDENTALLY CLICKED ADJUSTMENT HAVE I LOST MY OFFER WHAT DO I DO I CANT BACKTRACK
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elzprosser)
    AABC and into my firm choice, so unexpected that I still can't quite believe it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    Got into Cambridge for Maths! First in my school to ever go to Cambridge and Highest ever results in 5 subjects, topped off with some insane STEP results
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeeamf)
    Hey guys I've been accepted on UCAS Track but haven't heard anything from the University themselves, anyone know how long before they email or should I try to phone them?
    If it says Unconditional on Track, then you're in . Don't bother them on Results Day if you've been accepted

(Original post by elzprosser)
    AABC and into my firm choice, so unexpected that I still can't quite believe it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done! . Are you happy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    You don't have to wait.

If you tell them you have options in clearing you want to take up and want a decision today then you can force their hand.

They've had your grades since Friday night - there's no excuse to keep you waiting other than that they're trying to get someone "better" through clearing and damaging your chances elsewhere to save them time.

They do this every year and it is unacceptable.
    Doesn't matter, I just checked track and it updated to unsuccessful

ReputationRep:
    I got BBB which I'm so pleased with

But Aberystwyth accepted me even though I asked them a week ago to release me. I've phoned them and they said they'll do it ASAP. Bournemouth can't do anything until they do. I'm so upset right now literally crying. UCAS isn't going to update until 12 and all the places might be gone So even though I have decent grades I'm stuck
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    hELP I MET AND EXCEEDED MY OFFER AND ACCIDENTALLY CLICKED ADJUSTMENT HAVE I LOST MY OFFER WHAT DO I DO I CANT BACKTRACK
    Don't do anything. Leave it and everything is fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EconEast)
    Got into Bath A*AA for L101 Econ!
    Congratulations! I'll be applying for Econ and Bath next year, what AS Level grades did you get for which subjects if you don't mind me asking? (:
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    :rofl:

relax - it happens every year

If you don't phone anywhere about adjustment it just times out in 5 days

ReputationRep:
    I got ABC and my offer was ABB for biochem at warwick, I got the C in bio is it worth calling up

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get their photography grade messed up ? (OCR)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Help!

A little confused by my results-

I got 349 UMS in my Latin A level (OCR), and I'm unsure if this is an A or an A*.

My results sheet says two things:

- Over 340 in a four unit exam is an A*

- To get an A*, you need at least 320 AND 90% in both A2 units (which I didn't get)

Does anyone know what the grade boundary is for an A* for Latin OCR?

Thanks and well done to everyone!! xx
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)

But Aberystwyth accepted me even though I asked them a week ago to release me and so Bournemouth can't do anything until they do. I'm so upset right now literally crying. UCAS isn't going to update until 12 and all the places might be gone So even though I have decent grades I'm stuck
    There's little you can do but keep pestering them to release you until they get sick of you. Just bombard them until they do
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elen90)
    Doesn't matter, I just checked track and it updated to unsuccessful
    You'll be okay. Did you get into your insurance?

(Original post by emiloujess)

But Aberystwyth accepted me even though I asked them a week ago to release me. I've phoned them and they said they'll do it ASAP. Bournemouth can't do anything until they do. I'm so upset right now literally crying. UCAS isn't going to update until 12 and all the places might be gone So even though I have decent grades I'm stuck
    Call and pester now. Push it and make sure you get the name of whoever you talk to. You have plenty of time. Breathe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisy_wallis)
    I'm a bit concerned that they have calculated my grade for History wrong. I did the Edexcel History course and got 345 marks overall, which they have put as an A. However for my Politics, also Edexcel, I got 341 marks which they have put as an A*. This is probably me just overthinking it but do you think it is worth querying this at my Sixth Form?
    First, fantastic results. Very well done!

Could it be a difference in grade boundaries between the two subjects? Have a look here.

If you're still concerned, there is no harm in checking with your sixth form. You can put your mind at rest and start the celebrations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Have they rejected you on Track?

Awesome . Enjoy your Gap Year! . Are you going to be up to anything good?
    Yeah they have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Oh no

It's worth asking if they'll accept any substitutes for GCSE (like these tests https://www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/study/a...y-Testing.aspx - available in August with almost instant marking).
    Thanks PQ,

But it looks like Equivalency Testing only offers Maths and English? I've already got Maths and English GCSEs and got B & C, maybe because I did BTEC equivalent to GCSEs for the rest (though got Distinctions).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    It isn't the end of the world and you've still got a place at a university You should be able to get more information on Westminister in their subforum here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=533
    Thanks to you and the others for the cheery words.
    I'm actually in a bit of a confusing situation right now.

I just got that place at Westminster (through adjustment), but also phoned up Goldsmiths... and somehow got a place there too! Except the guy I was with messed up, and right at the end I learned he'd done this entire thing through Clearing. He was eager to finish up (I was in a special situation, and was his first ever call), so he ended before I could explain that I wanted it through adjustment.

So, I have two questions: I'm already registered for adjustment, can i then cancel that and my current offer to go through Clearing to accept Goldsmiths? Second question: If yes, should I?Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    So Nottingham gave me a lower offer of AAA to study law, actually ended up getting AAC and they still let me in!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.