Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    Definitely going to be rooting for the Rams to do well this year now!
    That pick was the cherry on top of a wonderful draft for us.

The reaction from the crowd was amazing to watch, not to mention the ESPN footage of him getting the call. It just annoys me that, without a shadow of a doubt, some teams would have taken him off their draft boards entirely for reasons other than his poor pro-day performance.

Shame about that Miami safety as well, who I hope comes face-to-face with Sam on the field (probably on special teams or something) and gets absolutely drilled by him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    That pick was the cherry on top of a wonderful draft for us.

The reaction from the crowd was amazing to watch, not to mention the ESPN footage of him getting the call. It just annoys me that, without a shadow of a doubt, some teams would have taken him off their draft boards entirely for reasons other than his poor pro-day performance.

Shame about that Miami safety as well, who I hope comes face-to-face with Sam on the field (probably on special teams or something) and gets absolutely drilled by him.
    The video of him getting the call was amazing. It all worked out well in the end for him & the Rams though; he got drafted and they got a player that would have probably been drafted a round or two earlier if not for the circumstances.

Would be nice to see him get flattened on a return tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Will Rackley, possibly the worst starting guard in the NFL cut by the Jags, Brandon Linder; you're up! I assume, more cuts from more teams to follow given UDFA signings and draftees given that the teams have over their 90 player limits.

ReputationRep:
    Oh man Aaron Hernandez indicted for double murder in 2012...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Oh man Aaron Hernandez indicted for double murder in 2012...
    Just saw that. Right around the same time he got his massive contract too... he must be seriously messed up, just as his life was getting better he decided to murder two people.

ReputationRep:
    That's crazy, he was still a perfectly functional NFL player after all of this too, most people's heads would have gone completely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    That's crazy, he was still a perfectly functional NFL player after all of this too, most people's heads would have gone completely!
    Thats the absolute scariest part about this all how easily he managed to deceive everyone and well got away with it for a year...

ReputationRep:
    Thats the absolute scariest part about this all how easily he managed to deceive everyone and well got away with it for a year...
    Can you imagine:

Brady: 'Morning Aaron, how was your weekend?'
    Hernandez: 'Yeah standard, killed two guys though'

Like wow, I'm fully aware that's not how it went down but how normal that kind of violence must have been for him if, in fact it is true and he just soldiered on with his job like nothing happened. He's not a psychopath, he's something far more cold and far more dangerous!

I obviously hope it turned out that he had nothing to do with it, I don't like commenting on live cases but the bits of evidence I know about don't look good for the first case.

ReputationRep:
    Can you imagine:

Brady: 'Morning Aaron, how was your weekend?'
    Hernandez: 'Yeah standard, killed two guys though'

Like wow, I'm fully aware that's not how it went down but how normal that kind of violence must have been for him if, in fact it is true and he just soldiered on with his job like nothing happened. He's not a psychopath, he's something far more cold and far more dangerous!

I obviously hope it turned out that he had nothing to do with it, I don't like commenting on live cases but the bits of evidence I know about don't look good for the first case.
    Its terrifying. How did this guy go about normally playing football for a season whilst he knew he had done such a horrible thing...

Absolutely psychotic.

ReputationRep:
    Robert Mathis at Indianapolis banned for 4 games for violating performance enhancing substance abuse policy, 4 games for performance enhancing when they're indefinitely suspending Josh Gordon for a few non-performance enhancing drugs is ridiculous! I know he's in the programme and stuff but still utterly ridiculous!

Edit: Apparently he took a fertility drug which lead to positive test. In any case, he has a to check with the league as to whether it's allowed and seriously fertility issues; he's 33 not 43!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone really buying the fertility line?

It's funny how he'd rather appear sterile than a cheat. Even funnier when you consider we all know they're all on roids.

ReputationRep:
    No, no I'm not buying it because he's had 3 kids already!

It's a shame that he misses his chance at Peyton Manning's creaky old bod though, on the plus side he misses the Jags game and whilst it's probably going to be a win for Indy it allows some kind of optimism for the Jags. They have 0-2 basically bolted on to the start of the season so they'll need some kind of hope!

And on another point: Manziel is turning me off, these leaked texts that keep appearing make him look like a total bell.

ReputationRep:
    St.Louis Rams fan checking in.

The Fearsome Foursome is back!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yax)
    St.Louis Rams fan checking in.

The Fearsome Foursome is back!!!
    Fellow Ram... nice!

Makes a change from all the Patriot fans around here :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Fellow Ram... nice!

Makes a change from all the Patriot fans around here :unimpressed:
    This forum is full of Patsies! It could be worse though... I think.

On another tangent (this seems to be happening quite often, I think I'm suffering football withdrawals) are we having a TSR Fantasy League this year? Who's going to be in charge if so... I would jump in and set up but I've never played so me being admin would probably be a horrible idea. I want to play this year though, I fancy myself to do okay, I abstained last year on lack of knowledge grounds but I feel more spark than mark for the coming season!

ReputationRep:
    This forum is full of Patsies! It could be worse though... I think.

On another tangent (this seems to be happening quite often, I think I'm suffering football withdrawals) are we having a TSR Fantasy League this year? Who's going to be in charge if so... I would jump in and set up but I've never played so me being admin would probably be a horrible idea. I want to play this year though, I fancy myself to do okay, I abstained last year on lack of knowledge grounds but I feel more spark than mark for the coming season!
    Is it ? Theres only like 2 or 3? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Is it ? Theres only like 2 or 3? :lol:
    There did used to be more, people fell into the Patriots just because they had England in their name, now I think with increased knowledge we have more diversification of support. People are supporting teams and players which they actually like because you can't really get indoctrinated to one team from birth like you do in America or like we do with our football. I'm pretty sure I'd have been orphaned aged 3 had I told my Dad that Manchester United weren't going to be my team. I have no such constraints with the NFL and thus I struggled to pick a team for years just having ones which I liked and didn't like.

Now I have the Jags based on their commitment to the International Series and the fact that the franchise appears to be on the rise and so they might one day, maybe in 2015 or 16 actually be good rather than falling in that range from awful to Dallas.

ReputationRep:
    There did used to be more, people fell into the Patriots just because they had England in their name, now I think with increased knowledge we have more diversification of support. People are supporting teams and players which they actually like because you can't really get indoctrinated to one team from birth like you do in America or like we do with our football. I'm pretty sure I'd have been orphaned aged 3 had I told my Dad that Manchester United weren't going to be my team. I have no such constraints with the NFL and thus I struggled to pick a team for years just having ones which I liked and didn't like.

Now I have the Jags based on their commitment to the International Series and the fact that the franchise appears to be on the rise and so they might one day, maybe in 2015 or 16 actually be good rather than falling in that range from awful to Dallas.
    Its hard because well most of us aren't American. I just happened to be in Boston when I was younger so I support all their teams apart from the Celtics. I cannot stand the Celtics.

ReputationRep:
    Its hard because well most of us aren't American. I just happened to be in Boston when I was younger so I support all their teams apart from the Celtics. I cannot stand the Celtics.
    I think Magic used to be my NBA jersey of choice when I played NBA Ballers as a kid so I guess I have some kind of Floridian base to my support, it's also one of two places in the US I've visited. I'm definitely not supporting the Redskins, DC being my only other place I've been in America. I wish RG3 the best but there's just something about the Redskins I've never liked. I can trace my dislikes of most other teams back to something. The Jets because Will McAvoy on the Newsroom supports them and if the Jets got good he might not be his usual grumpy best. The 49ers because their fanbase in America is incredibly annoying. Cowboys because AMERICA'S TEAM. The Patriots because Bellicheck is Stalin and Brady is so dreary. The rest I either like or I change on a season by season basis. I'll root for an underdog in most of these indifferent scenarios, unless that underdog is the Titans, I just don't get the Titans, I'm pretty sure they've been in perennial mediocrity since I started watching and I often forget they exist.

ReputationRep:
    I picked the Seahawks based on the fact that their fan base was supposed to be crazy (which it is).

I also like the idea of the Pacific Northwest (hence the Mariners and Trail Blazers being my other US teams). It's difficult when you really have no allegiance to any place or team and you just have to pick based on what you know. My other choice would have been the Packers probably, they just seem like a well-run team

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.