x Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV watch

Announcements
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    ok thanks hun. honestly no pressure at all, do what you need to do :hugs:
    So sorry I've not come online yet - Mum came home and had to hear all about her day. Then when I said I wasn't feeling well, she went into panic mode and took my temperature with a thermometer

8 pages to go! Hang on in there! :hugs:

(Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    went to lunch for the first time in weeks and was going to go to dinner too but have just got back from class and was hungry so am having a coffee and some mixed nuts and now its all too much and i can't face dinner tonight :sigh: i haven't been to any meals except breakfast for so long that people were shocked i turned up today :sigh:
    But it's totally normal to have a snack in between lunch and dinner, hun. You can and should have dinner too xxxx :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    ^ Me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But it's totally normal to have a snack in between lunch and dinner, hun. You can and should have dinner too xxxx :hugs:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    ^ Me
    i know :/ i just feel like its too much of a jump and my head is screaming at me "nononononoooo you can't eat again" :/

ReputationRep:
    i know :/ i just feel like its too much of a jump and my head is screaming at me "nononononoooo you can't eat again" :/
    I know it would be easier to skip dinner - but that would let the ED win. TRUST me - you are allowed dinner - you can eat again xxx

I believe in you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    That's better than nothing! Just looked at the one I used for trying to get work experience in year ten (did you not make one then?) and I had a bit about some charity stuff I'd done, my predicted GCSE grades, a little bit about my interests and a few achieved awards and things I was working on, does that help at all? You could definitely put your work experience on, too! Could write a little bit about what you did and what you learnt from it, too

didnt make one in year ten.

dont think i could though, i didnt even learn anything usefull.

ReputationRep:
    I have a buddy for college..She's kind pf helped me put things in perspective. And said I could sit with her in class. Also I've moved from "**** you and everything you stand for" mode, to "Heck you clearly have issues and I pity you" mode.

ReputationRep:
    I know it would be easier to skip dinner - but that would let the ED win. TRUST me - you are allowed dinner - you can eat again xxx

I believe in you
    i wish i could believe in myself, because all i hear from literally everybody around me is that they believe i can get better :sigh: and all i can think about when i hear it is how i don't deserve to get better

i live in a catered hall with set meal times and so I've now missed the dinner slot, but i have food in my room so i'll try and eat something in a little bit xxx

xxx
    You don't need to deserve to get better. We don't eat food or have good health because we deserve it, it's because we are programmed to require it to function properly - and functioning properly allows us to progress with our lives. You want to live your life don't you? Being behind an ED feels like a nice shield but it also gets in the way of life. Please don't confuse food with reward. Food is a biological requirement.

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Me (ffs :angry: )
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tasha96)
    I have a buddy for college..She's kind pf helped me put things in perspective. And said I could sit with her in class. Also I've moved from "**** you and everything you stand for" mode, to "Heck you clearly have issues and I pity you" mode.
    That's our Tasha! :yep: :proud: :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Check your messages

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You don't need to deserve to get better. We don't eat food or have good health because we deserve it, it's because we are programmed to require it to function properly - and functioning properly allows us to progress with our lives. You want to live your life don't you? Being behind an ED feels like a nice shield but it also gets in the way of life. Please don't confuse food with reward. Food is a biological requirement.

:hugs:
    thank you for that, i hadn't considered that view before - i think I've gone so long placing food and calories on this pedestal that it has become something more than what it should be. i think its also tricky for me to think about it because I've been struggling for quite a while and yet still got stuff done so my head just ignores it because I'm still 'functioning' - and we all know thats gonna end in disaster :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    thank you for that, i hadn't considered that view before - i think I've gone so long placing food and calories on this pedestal that it has become something more than what it should be. i think its also tricky for me to think about it because I've been struggling for quite a while and yet still got stuff done so my head just ignores it because I'm still 'functioning' - and we all know thats gonna end in disaster :sigh:
    There is no way on this earth you have been fulfilling your potential whilst having an ED. I can bet my dogs life on it (and I love her more than anything else in the world). xxxxx

Food is just energy. Energy which every cell in our body needs. If you're malnourished, bad things ARE going to happen.. but worse than that - you're not growing or developing emotionally because you're not learning how to cope with life AND your identity is fading away into the grips of the ED.

This all changes once you trust you can get better xxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm flying high!!!!!!! :eek: I made people laugh...I like that! I want to have fun and fun is what I shall aim for :cute: Life's a playground :jive:

Yeah boiiii :rock:

...where's my wagon wheel?

ReputationRep:
    There is no way on this earth you have been fulfilling your potential whilst having an ED. I can bet my dogs life on it (and I love her more than anything else in the world). xxxxx

Food is just energy. Energy which every cell in our body needs. If you're malnourished, bad things ARE going to happen.. but worse than that - you're not growing or developing emotionally because you're not learning how to cope with life AND your identity is fading away into the grips of the ED.

This all changes once you trust you can get better xxx
    thank you even though I'm finding it really tough accepting that i don't need to do anything to deserve to get better, thanks for reminding me

ofc my head is now telling me that i have more than enough fat reserves to sustain myself on and therefore i don't need food. shut up head.

ReputationRep:
    thank you even though I'm finding it really tough accepting that i don't need to do anything to deserve to get better, thanks for reminding me

ofc my head is now telling me that i have more than enough fat reserves to sustain myself on and therefore i don't need food. shut up head.
    I highly doubt you have excess fat reserves than you need for optimal health.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by IDukem)
    I'm flying high!!!!!!! :eek: I made people laugh...I like that! I want to have fun and fun is what I shall aim for :cute: Life's a playground :jive:

Yeah boiiii :rock:

...where's my wagon wheel?
    Yaaaaaay

:jumphug:

Am hiding on Facebook if you need to chat. Still making notes from this damn book chapter :grumble:

ReputationRep:
    was meant to phone the counselling place and push for a female counsellor, as the only one they could offer me last time was male, and i cant cope with a male :nah:
    my dr said if they cant do that for me then wel have to look at other ideas, which scares me! :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Yaaaaaay
    I shall not be denied :pierre:

Well...assessments might do a good job...but still :smug:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.