Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by BruceTaylor)
I did what I thought was right by someone. It wasn't, and now they're worse off.
that doesn't make you a horrible person, it makes you a good person for trying to do the right thing.
sometimes things don't turn out the way we want them to, still gotta keep trying.
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by death.drop)
to both of you: what happened?
ugh, i don't really know. general ineptness at making a normal conversation, meaning people i was recently quite close to now think i'm a nutter. ineptness at general motor skills too, meaning i'm laughably **** at any kind of sport, so my housemates take the piss. aren't i cool.

plus my room literally smells like ****. why? certainly nothing i've done!
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
ugh, i don't really know. general ineptness at making a normal conversation, meaning people i was recently quite close to now think i'm a nutter. ineptness at general motor skills too, meaning i'm laughably **** at any kind of sport, so my housemates take the piss. aren't i cool.

plus my room literally smells like ****. why? certainly nothing i've done!
maybe you just need to find the right people. I'm terrible at being sociable until i find people who i just click with, then it happens really easily.
as for the sports thing; a solution might be just to not take it seriously at all and laugh with them?
it does suck when people take the piss out of you but all you can really do is try your best not to let it get to you, see it as a joke. they're probably not trying to be cruel.
it's not like it's a big deal that you can't do sports. not like you'll meet your future wife and she'll say 'oh wait, you can't kick a football. I can't do this'. not like you'll go to a job interview and they'll make you have a quick game of tennis first. I really wouldn't (and don't) worry about it.

and about your room; open a window and spray some smelly stuff?
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by death.drop)
maybe you just need to find the right people. I'm terrible at being sociable until i find people who i just click with, then it happens really easily.
i do have some very good friends. i live with some of them, in fact. this is to do with me trying to get closer to certain other people, let's say. it just turns out that i'm chronically **** at it.

as for the sports thing; a solution might be just to not take it seriously at all and laugh with them?
i do! but it does get to you when you realise that what they're saying is objectively true.
and about your room; open a window and spray some smelly stuff?
i think it's the drain outside that's causing the smell! ah well, they always used to say at home that the smell of muck spreading on the fields cleared your sinuses...

i could do with a walk. or setting something on fire. that's massively therapeutic for me. probably not a good thing...

also really pissed off at the moment about how people always seem to commend me for being academically gifted or whatever - and look at me differently because of it. all this "he's really clever" behind my back just makes the whole freak image worse. **** being academically gifted. it doesn't help with anything. AAARGH. i used to actually have a life, believe it or not. what am i waffling on about
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i want to cut so badly right now, im such a total **** up why the **** am i still here i know why im scared of dying but i wish i was dead im ytoo much of a wimp to actually do it but i want it done how pathetic is that? god ******* dammit ******* hate this why wont they ******* leave me the **** alone?
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
i want to cut so badly right now, im such a total **** up why the **** am i still here i know why im scared of dying but i wish i was dead im ytoo much of a wimp to actually do it but i want it done how pathetic is that? god ******* dammit ******* hate this why wont they ******* leave me the **** alone?
whoa! what's going on?
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
whoa! what's going on?
voices promise to go away if i cut but i promised someone i wouldnt so dont know what to do
im so ******* wound up i want to punch someone i want to let it all out but i cant i want to cut so deep it wont stop bleeding i want them to go away
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
voices promise to go away if i cut but i promised someone i wouldnt so dont know what to do
im so ******* wound up i want to punch someone i want to let it all out but i cant i want to cut so deep it wont stop bleeding i want them to go away
Can you let it out without cutting yourself? Like the business with the ice-cubes or an elastic band, or just punching a pillow instead?

:hugs:
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
Can you let it out without cutting yourself? Like the business with the ice-cubes or an elastic band, or just punching a pillow instead?

i've tried all them ive got music as loud as it will go but they are shoutingover it i can see what i have to do all the blood the right cuts to make i dont know what to do i need a drink they're telling me to cut drink and od i cant take this im ******* crying my eyes out i want to do it so bad ive got a blade why wont they just **** off
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i've tried all them ive got music as loud as it will go but they are shoutingover it i can see what i have to do all the blood the right cuts to make i dont know what to do i need a drink they're telling me to cut drink and od i cant take this im ******* crying my eyes out i want to do it so bad ive got a blade why wont they just **** off
Could you go for a walk or a run or something? Go somewhere where you don't have access to the blade. I don't think you should have anything to drink at the moment.

Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Could you go for a walk or a run or something? Go somewhere where you don't have access to the blade. I don't think you should have anything to drink at the moment.

i will take my dog out to the garden

thanks jonathan im still so ******* close but taking the dog might help if it doesn't i will talk to my mum
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i will take my dog out to the garden

thanks jonathan im still so ******* close but taking the dog might help if it doesn't i will talk to my mum
hope it helps...
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey, how are you guys? Sorry I didn't PM anyone the other night, I decided sleep was a better option (and it was)

Hope you're all alright :hugs:
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ended up taking sleeping tablets and hiding in bed with music until I dropped off...just remembered I forgot to take my meds yesterday, could have been why I freaked, whoops. :o: Least I know now they actually do something.
thanks for being there guys I don't think the result would have been too pleasant otherwise :hugs: thanks.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Glad you're feeling better today saber :hugs:

I'm really struggling at the moment.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
Glad you're feeling better today saber :hugs:

I'm really struggling at the moment.
Do you want to talk about it becki? :hugs:
gooner1991
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi everyone, once again my apologies for not being around much lately,my laptop broke so my internet access was limited.

I hope you're all ok.I'm feeling really awful atm. My psychiatrist said I should start looking for somewhere else to go since i'm 18 now and he's a child psychiatrist.I don't know where to even begin,I've had him for such a long time now.

I feel really down today.Just feel empty and I'm scared my depression is gonna realllly affect my exam performances and I don't want that to happen!!!Argggh.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Do you want to talk about it becki? :hugs:
I'm just finding everything really hard. I'm struggling with memories and things from the past and then exams on top isn't helping. I'm extremely suicidal and have been in A&E 3 times in less than a week for stitches. I just can't cope at all at the moment. All I want to do is die but for some reason I'm still hanging on.
xxkaylsxx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm just finding everything really hard. I'm struggling with memories and things from the past and then exams on top isn't helping. I'm extremely suicidal and have been in A&E 3 times in less than a week for stitches. I just can't cope at all at the moment. All I want to do is die but for some reason I'm still hanging on.
Hi, i dont really know what to say to help except we are all here for you and know how you feel. Please keep hanging on, you may feel a little better once exams are over. :hugs:
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:hugs: I'm sorry to hear that becki, please keep hanging on even though it's really hard, things will get better some time. If you want to talk about anything I'm about for a while.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (312)
37.68%
No - but I will (64)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
47.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed