Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toriar)
    I'm looking forward to it but wish it wasn't so far away. I understand that it takes ages to mark and check exams, I just wish it didn't. I have added pressure as results day is on my mum's birthday so if I do badly that'll put a damper on the day :P
    My Mum's birthday was also on results day and my results were definitely not as good as the could have been, at first she was quite disappointed which stressed me out but by the end of the day she seemed to have completely got over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanroks1)
    Your English Literature B was high. You were 7 UMS off an A, well done
    Many thanks. Although I guess that isn't worth a remark. - Poetry let me down, godamn it. Particulary that unseen poem.

Not sure why I was negged on the comment you replied for. No doubt some idiot thought that I must not post on TSR with a B. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I did! Short course though...

Just leave it, an A in Welsh is great!

I got 44/50 and 40/50 (exam)
    Fish, you're back! How was your week off? How were your results?

ReputationRep:
    Got B for IGCSE Business Studies. 4 marks away from an A and 9 marks away from getting a C. should i get a remark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PARM1)
    Alright, thanks =D. But another issue which i am worrying about is that even though on my results sheet it said i got 9 A*'s, 2 of those were from BTEC business. So, i don't know whether they will credit those as actual A*'s...
    Hmm, I thought max was a distinction for BTECs. Oxford don't look at BTECs as highly, but im sure they'll credit it, but just not as much. Regardless, you got 7A*s without them anyway, which is the average successful medical applicant and medicine is the most competitive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Its Andy)
    Fish, you're back! How was your week off? How were your results?
    It was good!

My results weren't what I wanted but hey ho! I didn't do any work so I deserve it

Spoiler:
    Show
    8 A*s, 6 As, B and C

AAB was meant to be A*A*A* :emo: :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I did! Short course though...

Just leave it, an A in Welsh is great!

I got 44/50 and 40/50 (exam)
    Ah most of my friends did short course too...
    Thank-you! Well I haven't spoken to my teacher about it yet, but I get the feeling she'll just tell me to leave it too :erm: Well thanks again, and well done to you too btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mma_gal96)
    Ah most of my friends did short course too...
    Thank-you! Well I haven't spoken to my teacher about it yet, but I get the feeling she'll just tell me to leave it too :erm: Well thanks again, and well done to you too btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks. Fellow Welshie :five:

I'm most pissed off with RS and Business :mad:

ReputationRep:
    It was good!

My results weren't what I wanted but hey ho! I didn't do any work so I deserve it

Spoiler:
    Show
    8 A*s, 6 As, B and C

AAB was meant to be A*A*A* :emo: :mmm:
    I can relate to that, I got 5A*s, 4As a B and a C and I regret not trying harder. Oh well :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I can relate to that, I got 5A*s, 4As a B and a C and I regret not trying harder. Oh well :rolleyes:
    Our grades look similar

ReputationRep:
    I did AQA Physics and got a*s in the exams but a d in the ISA so my overall grade is an A. I don't understand how i got a d. Is there anything I can do about this?

ReputationRep:
    Our grades look similar
    Yes haha, What are you planning to do for uni? I realise my grades are below the Oxbridge average but I reckon if I knuckle down for my A-levels and have a good interview I stand a chance for Oxford! I want to do Engineering!
    (Original post by Saranya S)
    I did AQA Physics and got a*s in the exams but a d in the ISA so my overall grade is an A. I don't understand how i got a d. Is there anything I can do about this?
    Ask your Physics teacher if you can resit the ISA. I have no idea if you can or not, but it's worth asking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king_revision)
    Hmm, I thought max was a distinction for BTECs. Oxford don't look at BTECs as highly, but im sure they'll credit it, but just not as much. Regardless, you got 7A*s without them anyway, which is the average successful medical applicant and medicine is the most competitive.
    I'm 90% sure they don't credit them at all. I emailed them and they said they don't :/ sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes haha, What are you planning to do for uni? I realise my grades are below the Oxbridge average but I reckon if I knuckle down for my A-levels and have a good interview I stand a chance for Oxford! I want to do Engineering!
    NatSci/Chemistry I think!

If I do some medical experience and I like it I might do that:yep:

Engineering is good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benwalters1996)
    I'm 90% sure they don't credit them at all. I emailed them and they said they don't :/ sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Send it to the original sender please, i'm sure they'll want to know about this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PARM1)
    Alright, thanks =D. But another issue which i am worrying about is that even though on my results sheet it said i got 9 A*'s, 2 of those were from BTEC business. So, i don't know whether they will credit those as actual A*'s...
    Another guy answered this but didn't quote you.
    (Original post by benwalters1996)

ReputationRep:
    NatSci/Chemistry I think!

If I do some medical experience and I like it I might do that:yep:

Engineering is good!
    Have fun! Chemistry was my weakest science, I got A*s in Biology and Physics but an A in Chemistry, I think it's because the subject bored me and I didn't put any effort in (I didn't revise until 2 days before the final exam, having gotten a U in a mock less than a week before).:rolleyes:

Medicine also would certainly be a great career, I would have probably at least considered Medicine if I wasn't so squemish around gruesome injuries and getting covered in people's blood

Anyway, I'm already set for a career in Engineering and I'm being sponsored through sixth form by the RAF Have fun whatever you decide to do!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me decide whether I should get my Eng Lit paper remarked. I got an A and am away from an A* by 4 ums. I can't get my CA remarked. The poetry paper is the only one I could get remarked. Does anyone know if there is a possibility of gaining 4 marks from remarking the poetry paper or should I just leave it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Random thoughts)
    I'm not sure who to or where to ask this, but I am in a difficult situation. I need some advice on A level options. I don't know what to chose as a 3rd option and then I don't know if my school or if I get in college with allow me to do A levels. I have no idea what to do...

Could someone help. Thanks. :confused:
    Go with the subjects you enjoyed at GCSE and got good grades.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Fellow Welshie :five:

I'm most pissed off with RS and Business :mad:
    Wayhey, they're quite hard to find here :dontknow:

Why,what happened? I'm annoyed about business too; did you do WJEC or OCR?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.