Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Osvaldo is pony though

ReputationRep:
    Reckon the only solution is a Million Pound Drop situation whereby 150m is on the line and half a dozen players he can use the money on. Five 60 second rounds until we fill the squad up. Might get Freddy Ljungberg to host.

That or a Brewster's Millions situation.

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy that the board have finally been put under extreme pressure to deliver, but it really is a huge shame that it has to come to this. I think we should bid for Rooney, failing that Hernandez. I don't want to get to the final day then going for someone like ba.

Then we should buy christiano ronaldo as cover for podolski.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Wow. Let's not forget they also bought Wanyama for £12.5m. They've spent about £30m.

Makes you feel sick when you hear Wenger say there are no players. What is he chatting about?! Really frustrating.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, no, no. You've got it wrong. Or let me give you a Wenger reply,

"I am only in the market for someone who can add something to the team. I have been trying and it has been difficult to bring in quality players".

Every other fan in England can see that there are players available who could improve our side, if only for depth.

I'm starting to question Gervinho's sale now. What was the point in that if you aren't going to bring in someone who's better than him. Atm, it looks like a kid is gonna take his place on the bench. He wasn't amazing but at least he was a decent player to step in when we had injuries and suspensions.

Wenger has lost the plot with regards to Economics and Football. You can have a massive profit on the balance sheet or you could have a small profit for the current year and spend some of the previous years' profit on new players who will both add some trophies to the trophy cabinet and sustain and grow our brand appeal for years to come.

The Emirates is turning out to be an unlucky ground for us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    Osvaldo is pony though
    That's not the point - they are spending, unlike Arsenal. Soton are ambitious and there's no doubt they will excel this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    I'm happy that the board have finally been put under extreme pressure to deliver, but it really is a huge shame that it has to come to this. I think we should bid for Rooney, failing that Hernandez. I don't want to get to the final day then going for someone like ba.

Then we should buy christiano ronaldo as cover for podolski.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think the time for super ambitious signings has gone - we've left it too late. Plus with Chelsea in for him, what chance do we have?

It's so hard to read Wenger. I don't see anyone coming in before Fener on Wednesday, leaving us about 11 days. It's shocking and unforgivable that they've let 2011 happen over again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    No, no, no. You've got it wrong. Or let me give you a Wenger reply,

"I am only in the market for someone who can add something to the team. I have been trying and it has been difficult to bring in quality players".

Every other fan in England can see that there are players available who could improve our side, if only for depth.

I'm starting to question Gervinho's sale now. What was the point in that if you aren't going to bring in someone who's better than him. Atm, it looks like a kid is gonna take his place on the bench. He wasn't amazing but at least he was a decent player to step in when we had injuries and suspensions.

Wenger has lost the plot with regards to Economics and Football. You can have a massive profit on the balance sheet or you could have a small profit for the current year and spend some of the previous years' profit on new players who will both add some trophies to the trophy cabinet and sustain and grow our brand appeal for years to come.

The Emirates is turning out to be an unlucky ground for us
    I can't get over the fact we haven't bought anyone. People will say wait until the window is over but that's nonsense. Why do we have to wait until the last week to make 3/4 signings? Why not do some business before? The Gervinho case you mention is spot on.

I feel like Wenger is intentionally doing this. That might sound stupid but I'm not buying into 'there are no players' excuse. And who knows when the signings will be made? We could be nine points behind City, UTD and the rest. It's pathetic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's not the point - they are spending, unlike Arsenal. Soton are ambitious and there's no doubt they will excel this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah there is no question they have got a few players in but you shouldnt put Osvaldo in the same bracket as Wanyama as a signing

ReputationRep:
    And who the hell is Gazidis? No American/South African will give a real toss about Arsenal. Ever since he came, money has been the motivation. That's all he seems to be chasing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And who the hell is Gazidis? No American/South African will give a real toss about Arsenal. Ever since he came, money has been the motivation. That's all he seems to be chasing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    gazidas is a pony. hes on 2.5 mill a year as well.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruin.)
    Saints signed him for £15m.

They have the same transfer record as us. :facepalm2:
    Our transfer record is £18.5 million for Arshavin.....:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weeknd5000)
    I thought he'd be on more than that. Wenger pockets £7m and he £2.5m regardless of where Arsenal Football Club ends up. I wonder if they pocket some of the supposed transfer money as well :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99ja02)
    Our transfer record is £18.5 million for Arshavin.....:rolleyes:
    Undisclosed but was believed to be £15m.

ReputationRep:
    You mean donkey right ?

ReputationRep:
    I thought he'd be on more than that. Wenger pockets £7m and he £2.5m regardless of where Arsenal Football Club ends up. I wonder if they pocket some of the supposed transfer money as well :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aha yh like when you were little and your parents would give you money to buy something at the shop but you would come back and say there was nothing to buy so the parents let you keep the money instead

ReputationRep:
    I thought he'd be on more than that. Wenger pockets £7m and he £2.5m regardless of where Arsenal Football Club ends up. I wonder if they pocket some of the supposed transfer money :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kroenke and other members of the board have never taken a single penny out of Arsenal, something which most gooners seem to forget when criticising him yet their messiah Usmanov has openly advocated dividends, all money generated by Arsenal is for Arsenal under Kroenke. I back fully Kroenke as owner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Aha yh like when you were little and your parents would give you money to buy something at the shop but you would come back and say there was nothing to buy so the parents let you keep the money instead
    Haha. You can imagine Wenger sulking to Gazidis about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still £4m (or so) less than Mr Wenger. No wonder he doesn't want to leave!

On a serious note, do you guys think he'll leave no matter what at the end of the season?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)

On a serious note, do you guys think he'll leave no matter what at the end of the season?
    I have a feeling hell be staying BUT if things go real bad during the season he may not sign and look for a reason to leave. And that may be for the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)

I don't think even he knows the answer yet. If we don't mount a title challenge of some kind I think he'll give in. I think fan support will be at an extreme low should 4th not be achieved and I don't think he'll have anywhere to turn.

I don't expect him to get sacked half way through the season, either.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.