Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous #2)
    That's so thoughtful! Good luck with your present making!
    Thanks! Just realised I've missed out my Secret Santas I'll probably be doing (one MHSS, one mouse forum), so that's an extra two presents.

(Original post by McNuggetsAhoy)
    This is exactly why I give people cash for Christmas (or if I am feeling extra lazy a cheque)!

Sometimes I'll buy them a book or something if they make a special request but mostly people just say they would rather prefer the money since they have no idea what they want.
    Ah but I enjoy the process of making things, so I'm basically getting free entertainment out of not buying presents. :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Thanks! Just realised I've missed out my Secret Santas I'll probably be doing (one MHSS, one mouse forum), so that's an extra two presents.

Ah but I enjoy the process of making things, so I'm basically getting free entertainment out of not buying presents. :fyi:
    Ooh I forgot about secret Santa! I want to take part this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    I highly doubt you have excess fat reserves than you need for optimal health.
    :sadnod: overindulged as a young teenager and look where its got me...
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    :jumphug:

Am hiding on Facebook if you need to chat. Still making notes from this damn book chapter :grumble:
    thanks chick, am studying atm but might be around later on

ReputationRep:
    Wish I hadn't put uni on such a pedestal before, it's balls and I feel so thick and behind here
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    thanks chick, am studying atm but might be around later on
    Sure no worries hun :hugs: I should be around on and off. Unless I semi-pass out again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    Wish I hadn't put uni on such a pedestal before, it's balls and I feel so thick and behind here
    :hugs: I feel the same way

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still struggling? :hugs:
    I'm feeling exactly the same tbh. Have you thought about talking to your personal tutor?
    Well have fun making them!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Just out of my driving lesson. It went well the guy was nice and he's also a trekkie which is a bonus I didn't stall which shocked us both lol.

Typical me, all that worrying today for nothing!

Have a good night everyone and remember my inbox is always open

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    :hugs: I feel the same way
    Got soooo much work to do before Monday that I wanna cry. It's so different to what I expected
    Still struggling? :hugs:
    I'm feeling exactly the same tbh. Have you thought about talking to your personal tutor?
    I'm feeling slightly better, but now I've actually started to tackle my work I'm a bit like oh my good god I have so much to do I don't feel like my tutor is very approachable anyway if I'm being honest...I'm the worst at speaking to people anyway, but he's male and he doesn't speak very good English. There's nothing wrong with him in general, I just haven't warmed to him really :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    Ooh I forgot about secret Santa! I want to take part this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely!

ReputationRep:
    Well I got today's work done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by guitaristemily)
    didnt make one in year ten.

dont think i could though, i didnt even learn anything usefull.
    Make it up then- that's what most people do! In terms of what they learnt anyway, not where they've been or whatever obviously What sort of place did you go to?

(Original post by tasha96)
    I have a buddy for college..She's kind pf helped me put things in perspective. And said I could sit with her in class. Also I've moved from "**** you and everything you stand for" mode, to "Heck you clearly have issues and I pity you" mode.
    That's much better! And good to have a college buddy, too :yep:

(Original post by IDukem)
    I'm flying high!!!!!!! :eek: I made people laugh...I like that! I want to have fun and fun is what I shall aim for :cute: Life's a playground :jive:

Yeah boiiii :rock:

...where's my wagon wheel?
    :woo: Go Dukey!

:hugs: You're not thick, at all! I know it won't feel like it but from what I've heard everyone else feels the same :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely!
    I want to be part of it too

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling slightly better, but now I've actually started to tackle my work I'm a bit like oh my good god I have so much to do I don't feel like my tutor is very approachable anyway if I'm being honest...I'm the worst at speaking to people anyway, but he's male and he doesn't speak very good English. There's nothing wrong with him in general, I just haven't warmed to him really :/
    All you can do is break it down, attempt small chunks at a time and try not to panic! At some point you'll get to the end of your work pile and become used to the way uni works. :hugs:
    Ah right, fair enough then, are there any other outlets for support at your uni?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Just out of my driving lesson. It went well the guy was nice and he's also a trekkie which is a bonus I didn't stall which shocked us both lol.

Typical me, all that worrying today for nothing!

Have a good night everyone and remember my inbox is always open

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by james1211)
    Well I got today's work done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done peeps :king1: :ahee: :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    :hugs: You're not thick, at all! I know it won't feel like it but from what I've heard everyone else feels the same :sadnod:
    Thank you! I wish I didn't have so much work to do. I've already had a complete break down to a flat mate and told her more than I've ever told anyone. Uni is really strange, and I'm not sure I can warm to it. I'm probably taking this way too over the top, because I know some people haven't done even half the work I have, but I still have such a tonne to do

ReputationRep:
    Make it up then- that's what most people do! In terms of what they learnt anyway, not where they've been or whatever obviously What sort of place did you go to?

local small shop.

i dont rreally wanna make it up though.

ReputationRep:
    All you can do is break it down, attempt small chunks at a time and try not to panic! At some point you'll get to the end of your work pile and become used to the way uni works. :hugs:
    Ah right, fair enough then, are there any other outlets for support at your uni?
    Yeah I am...I have the rest of tonight and the next three days so I'm hoping I'll get things done before Monday because then I can have a fresh start! I have a food shop coming soon, which is annoying because I have so much to do, but I also only have some butter and some crackers so I need the food :lol:
    I'm sure there are outlets but I just can't face it. Whenever I say something in the kitchen everyone is like 'it's only week three' and make me feel **** for struggling so idk

ReputationRep:
    :woo: Go Dukey!
    I like making people laugh, it's an ego trip! Shame I lost my sat nav :getmecoat:

How is the sweet little thang?

ReputationRep:
    Feel alone and empty. Alone is when the thoughts come

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.