Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash92:))
    Wa 'alaykum assalaam

that He is capable of easing what He wills. Start revision sessions and the exams with the name of Allah 'bismillahi-Rahmaani-Raheem' - reminding you that He is the source of all success and achievement. When revising, pray 'rabbi-shraHlee Sadree, wa yassirlee amree' (My Rabb, expand for me my chest and ease for me my task) - reminding you that no task is accomplishable without His will and
    Also do not rush your Salaah, focus on the words when praying Salaah and ask for help in your du'a.

Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illaa billaah (there is no power to change, nor power to effectuate, except originating from Allah). This phrase has been extolled in the ahadeeth, and rightly so. It is a remedy (of it is recited AND reflected upon) for worries and stress.

I don't believe in 'wazifahs', per se.

Apart from that, take plenty of revision breaks, stay hydrated, have proper sleep, summarise content if possible/beneficial, take a break after every half an hour or so and don't hesitate to be physically active during these breaks.
    Jzk i needed this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Thats awesome bro. Insha'Allah you can repeat in the exam :yy:

I thought it was ball room chandelier ( you liked my page so I saw it).

JazaakAllahu Khayran for sharing broski
    How can you mistake that...its really nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keke000)
    Thanks I just started praying my salah again recently alhamdullilah but i feel no kushuu' at all. I just go through the motions.
    Assalaamu 'alaykum

I'd suggest that you read the first few posts of this thread. InshaAllah you will find it to be beneficial in this regard.

Khushoo' is lost when we do not focus and contemplate over the words which we recite in Salaah and when we do not apply what is recited personally to ourselves.

After reading the posts mentioned above, I'd recommend that you seek to learn more about parts of the Quran that you recite in Salaah, especially Surah Al-Faatiha. How unfortunate we are that we sometimes glide over this Surah trying to have focused on the assumed simple message of it, whereas in reality the Surah has many more implications than we assume.

Let us continue this discussion of khushoo', inshaAllah, in the hope that your Salaah becomes more connected to Allah ta'ala.

also, i keep feeling like i'm gonna die soon. :confused:does anyone have any idea what it means or is this just a trick from the shaitan?
    Perhaps. At the end of the day, everyone is going to die. Let this be a trigger for you to seek to be closer to Him for the sake of receiving His love and mercy. But let the worry not consume you to the extent that nothing else comes to mind. The believer should strive to follow the middle course.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I know you mean well but these are the kind of comments that make me want to give up hope. I've tried really hard to think about god but my mind just wanders. Sometimes i think god doesn't want me to think about him, otherwise why would i have to try so hard to remember him?
    Another thing, I pray for forgiveness but a couple of hours later i'm doing the exact same sin i just repented from....what is wrong with me?
    Sometimes, we focus on some things whilst overlooking others. Sometimes we focus on the Great Punishment, whilst overlooking that Allah ta'ala has declared for Himself that His rahmah shall prevail over His wrath. Indeed, we are imperfect. Indeed, we do have good reason to fear the consequences of our actions, of our deficiencies. But we may or may not realise this, whilst He knows this with full certainty, without any part of understanding being hidden from Him. Had we not sinned, He would create a people to whom He could show forgiveness, because this is one of His attributes. Had the du'a or even the needs of the sinful no hope for acceptance, He would not provide for them.

Indeed, one of the most effective waswaas against the believer seems to be the shaytaan's suggestion as follows:
    "You are a Muslim, but by name only. A Muslim has qualities which you lack. You pray, but not properly. Why do you pray even once? What is the point? You may as well pray properly, or not pray at all. How will Allah ta'ala accept from you if you pray improperly and infrequently?"
    Yet in listening to this waswasah from him, we are contemplating the detachment from the few good deeds that we are trying to clutch on to. This is his aim. This is what he wishes to achieve.

Sufyan ibn 'Uyaynah said
    "Let none of you think that his Du'aa will go unanswered because of the sins that he knows of himself.

Indeed, Allah responded to the Du'aa of the worst amongst His creation; Iblees (Shaitan, the cursed one), when he said 'O My Lord! Give me respite until the Day of Judgement!' He (Allah SWT) replied, 'Then you are of those who have been reprieved'.(Surah al-Hijr 36-37).

So if the Du'aa of Iblees' can be accepted, then surely the Du'aa of a sinner has more right than the devil himself! "And surely your Lord is never unjust..."

[al-Shu'ab, 2/1147]

As such, we should learn more about the sifaat of Allah ta'ala. As such, we should relate them to ourselves, our relationship with Him, on a personal level. We must remember His attributes of omnipotence, justice and retribution - yet we must also remember His attributes of love, mercy and forbearance.

الرّحمان - the merciful
    الرحيم - the compassionate
    Both derive from rahma, so both are a type of mercy. The former is applicable only to Allah (hence Quran "call upon Allah or ar-Rahman...").
    الرحمان means mercy in the sense of "the one favourably disposed towards man, firstly, by creating him; secondly, by guiding him to faith and the causes of happiness; thirdly, by making him happy in the life to come". Mercy in these forms, despite mankind's ignorance. Mercy in extensiveness, without man even specifically asking.
    الرحيم "intends nothing but good for the object of mercy" ie the one who does a good for an outcome of good; one that is bestows mercy in a pleasant manner. This excludes that which is not necessarily good (in immediate terms) yet is for the greater good in the outcome (eg a parent being firm with the child). الرحيم is more specific and less extensive in meaning than the ism of الرّحمان.

الغفّار - the (persistently) Forgiving
    "the One who makes manifest what is noble and veils what is disgraceful. The sins (of man) are among the disgraceful things which He veils by placing a veil upon them in this world and disregrading their punishment in the hereafter. Al-Ghafr means veiling."
    This form of the word is ism fa'aal, which denotes such repetitiveness of the action that the person becomes known for that action.

الغفور - the (especially) Forgiving
    Similar to Al-Ghaffaar, only the emphasis here is on the absoluteness, the inclusiveness of His forgiveness, "in the sense that He forgives perfectly and completely and thereby reaches the ultimate degree of forgiveness". The form of this name is ism fa'ool,

الحليم - the forbearing
    "the One who witnesses the disobedience of the disobedient, the One who sees the violation of the command (أمر).
    But anger does not rouse Him and rage does not seize Him. He is not one who is prompted by haste and recklessness to take swift vengeance, even though He has unlimited power to do so."

الشّكور - the one who rewards bounteously.
    "the one who rewards trivial pious deeds with many grades, and the one who gives unlimited in the life to come for activity during a limited period (in this life)".

(Original post by RattyVlogger)
    Assalamualaikum brothers, have a good night sleep. Also..

Read this Dua before sleeping - Allahumma Bismika Amootu Wa Ahyaa
    (O Allah, with your name I die and I live.)
    (Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)
    As salamu Alaikum,

Where is the quiz at?

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said,

"My example and the example of the people is that of a man who made a fire, and when it lighted what was around it, Moths and other insects started falling into the fire. The man tried (his best) to prevent them, (from falling in the fire) but they overpowered him and rushed into the fire. The Prophet (ﷺ) added: Now, similarly, I take hold of by your waist belts to prevent you from falling into the Fire, but you insist on falling into it."

Sahih al-Bukhari 6483

And mention of the Fire is not but a reminder to humanity. [Quran 74:31]

Wa 'alaykum assalaam :yy:

(Original post by Sumeira.B)
    Jzk i needed this
    May Allah ta'ala favour you with His rahmah and bless you with sharh as-Sadr.

ReputationRep:
    The Stages of Revising:
    1. Procrastinate.
    2. Convince yourself that you have plenty of time.
    3. Realise you don't and start freaking out.
    4. Revise for 10 minutes.
    5. Convince yourself that you need a nap in order to become more productive.
    6. Wake up 4 hours later. Freak out again.
    7. Calculate the lowest grade that you need in order to pass.
    8. Cry.
    9. Hate yourself for procrastinating.
    10. Promise yourself that you will never do this again.
    11. Repeat.

lol.

ReputationRep:
    The Libary of Sheikh Ali Hasan al-Halabi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)
    The Stages of Revising:
    1. Procrastinate.
    2. Convince yourself that you have plenty of time.
    3. Realise you don't and start freaking out.
    4. Revise for 10 minutes.
    5. Convince yourself that you need a nap in order to become more productive.
    6. Wake up 4 hours later. Freak out again.
    7. Calculate the lowest grade that you need in order to pass.
    8. Cry.
    9. Hate yourself for procrastinating.
    10. Promise yourself that you will never do this again.
    11. Repeat.

lol.
    Lol.
    summed up perfectly, especially the i have plenty of time dude I will start tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Haven't watched it myself (not yet anyway) , friend says it a really good video about predestination qadr and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't watched it myself (not yet anyway) , friend says it a really good video about predestination qadr and stuff.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UpZH1lQ...ature=youtu.be
    I will watch that bro, thanks

I am really confused... Like how can free will and predestination coexist and stuff :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poly(but-1-ene))
    I will watch that bro, thanks

I am really confused... Like how can free will and predestination coexist and stuff :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Does Allah knowing what decision we make, nullify our ability to make it?

Short answer:
    We make choices; Allah knows what choices we make. This should not be a problem as Allah knows what you do not, and is All-Powerful. Watching the video should clear up some misconceptions you have, but do not hesitate to ask if you are still confused.

ReputationRep:
    good read on Qur'an 4:34 http://www98.griffith.edu.au/dspace/...pdf?sequence=1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImNotMe)
    Does Allah knowing what decision we make, nullify our ability to make it?

Short answer:
    We make choices; Allah knows what choices we make. This should not be a problem as Allah knows what you do not, and is All-Powerful. Watching the video should clear up some misconceptions you have, but do not hesitate to ask if you are still confused.
    I havent watched the video but basically Let's say allah knows that tomorrow i will shoot someone on the street

That means i have no option but to shoot someone tomorrow. I am restrained by what allah knows i will do..

:confused:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I havent watched the video but basically Let's say allah knows that tomorrow i will shoot someone on the street

That means i have no option but to shoot someone tomorrow. I am restrained by what allah knows i will do..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You have the option to shoot someone or not and you chose to shoot. That was your choosing. Allah just knows which choice you will make.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you chose not to shoot them Allah would know. If you chose to shoot them Allah would know. Where is the issue?

ReputationRep:
    You have the option to shoot someone or not and you chose to shoot. That was your choosing. Allah just knows which choice you will make.
    I "chose" to fire the trigger because allah knew i will fire the trigger

No matter what, i couldnt have chosen to not fire the trigger because i am restrained by allah knowing i will fire the trigger

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No debating in the isoc :hand:

Take it to vms/pms :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I "chose" to fire the trigger because allah knew i will fire the trigger

No matter what, i couldnt have chosen to not fire the trigger because i am restrained by allah knowing i will fire the trigger

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You chose to fire the trigger because you wanted to. Allah did not force your hand.

A Being being able to know that future does not mean that you lose your free will. It was always your choice to do something (unless someone had a gun to your head or something).

ReputationRep:
    No debating in the isoc :hand:

Take it to vms/pms :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol we're not debating. We're discussing

ReputationRep:
    A Being being able to know that future does mean that you lose your free will.
    I guess you do agree with me afterall then? :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good post.

Sufyan ibn 'Uyaynah said :

"Let none of you think that his Du'aa will go unanswered because of the sins that he knows of himself.
    Indeed, Allah responded to the Du'aa of the worst amongst His creation; Iblees (Shaitan, the cursed one), when he said 'O My Lord! Give me respite until the Day of Judgement!' He (Allah SWT) replied, 'Then you are of those who have been reprieved'.(Surah al-Hijr 36-37).

So if the Du'aa of Iblees' can be accepted, then surely the Du'aa of a sinner has more right than the devil himself! "And surely your Lord is never unjust..."

[al-Shu'ab, 2/1147]

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.