Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Bellerin > Zabaleta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    i know what you mean - i feel like i can barely rep people nowadays.
    TSR are a bit strict tbh; you have to rep quite a lot of other people before the same person again, and that becomes problematic in the FF where there's a very specific and small set of regular posters.

thats why a lot of FF users don't appear to have too much rep in comparison to their post count, especially when you compare to somebody from the "chat" section for instance.
    yep, I got all of my rep in the yaers before I started using FF - since then I barely even bother to try and rep people, as I know it usually wont work.

Does not really matter. they killed rep, when they took away negative rep.

That always made it an interesting feature.. controversial posts could be judged by how much neg they got.. and you could easily see how many people agreed and disagreed with posters by how a post was repped.

It also made it harder to grow your rep, as unless you were being a whore about it, you would get negged and your rep would decrease again.

But anyway.. I miss those days of TSR

(or maybe I just miss being younger)

ReputationRep:
    In other news leicster beating newcastle 2-0

Good good.. leicster deserve to stay up, and I really really want to see newcastle go down.

cant really see it happening though - sunderlands games are just to hard until the end of the season.

Southampton
    Everton
    Leicster
    arsenal
    Chelsea

- could easily be 0 points from that, given leicsters form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    Bartra the CB, you mean...
    *Montoya. My bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    In other news leicster beating newcastle 2-0

Good good.. leicster deserve to stay up, and I really really want to see newcastle go down.

cant really see it happening though - sunderlands games are just to hard until the end of the season.

Southampton
    Everton
    Leicster
    arsenal
    Chelsea

- could easily be 0 points from that, given leicsters form
    Thing about Newcastle (and QPR) is that while I dislike the clubs themselves and want to see them go down, I really empathise with the managers. Carver and Ramsey are both people who were kinda shoe-horned into the job and clearly love their clubs (Carver in particular) but just aren't cut out to be managers and I don't like seeing them struggle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    *Montoya. My bad.
    Montoya is rubbish though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatau24)
    Thing about Newcastle (and QPR) is that while I dislike the clubs themselves and want to see them go down, I really empathise with the managers. Carver and Ramsey are both people who were kinda shoe-horned into the job and clearly love their clubs (Carver in particular) but just aren't cut out to be managers and I don't like seeing them struggle.
    Both will get sacked at the end of the season anyway. The only thing that stats constant in football is the fans, and QPR and Newcastle both have awful. Is happily see them go down

ReputationRep:
    true. its annoyign with these young spanish players.. that you always know if they turn good, then they are probably heading back to spain.

I mean look at united and De Gea at the moment.. always having to speculate over his future.

- atleast we will never have that problem with the banterbus jenkinson
    Men don't see how it's any different to every German player leaving to Bayern once they come good or all the English Soton players leaving to join the traditional top 3 English sides

ReputationRep:
    yep, I got all of my rep in the yaers before I started using FF - since then I barely even bother to try and rep people, as I know it usually wont work.

Does not really matter. they killed rep, when they took away negative rep.

That always made it an interesting feature.. controversial posts could be judged by how much neg they got.. and you could easily see how many people agreed and disagreed with posters by how a post was repped.

It also made it harder to grow your rep, as unless you were being a whore about it, you would get negged and your rep would decrease again.

But anyway.. I miss those days of TSR

(or maybe I just miss being younger)
    i agree - i understand that they may have gotten rid of it because it could make people feel bad and some posters could target somebody and neg them on purpose.

however i agree that it would've still been better off to keep it.
    nowadays you have a serious post of somebody asking for help, then the first reply gets 65 reps because they made a cliched joke

so in the end, rep gems don't really mean all too much because imo they really an indicator of post quality anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    That bottler Gibbs almost cost us the cup last season with that miss ffs
    Yep and he also cleared a header off the line to stop it going 3-0 after 20 minutes, sit down you clown...

ReputationRep:
    Barcelona are just monsters.

ReputationRep:
    Villa picking up a lot of confidence..

ReputationRep:
    In todays matches there have been 6 red cards in 6 matches playes today :lol:
    MOTD will be interesting to watch

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Villa picking up a lot of confidence..
    I wanted them to get relegated I hate that team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    I wanted them to get relegated I hate that team
    How come? I'm fine with them staying up as long as we beat them in the final (which is looking dangerously even now that Benteke is on insane form, and the team is clicking).

ReputationRep:
    sunderland winning

things are looking really dire for newcastle now.. but its good to see some action in the relegation battle, - other then that, this end to the season is really boring.

Looking at the fixtures..

Hull will pick up a win against already relegated burnley.. and end on 37

Leicster have nice fixtures, play QPR and sunderland.. reckon they will reach 37-40

--

So it comes down to newcastle vs sunderland.

Both have winable games in their fixtures.. newcastle have it easier.. but sunderland have a game in hand.

Looking really dire for newcastle right now

ReputationRep:
    I think benteke would be a decent signing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    I think benteke would be a decent signing
    reckon he is liverpool bound.

- but yeah.. he would be a great signing. only 24, and gives a really different dimension to giroud. Solid 1 in 2 striker..

ReputationRep:
    reckon he is liverpool bound.

- but yeah.. he would be a great signing. only 24, and gives a really different dimension to giroud. Solid 1 in 2 striker..
    Don't really see why he'd go there, not exactly that much of an upgrade and I'm sure there's bigger clubs that's want him

ReputationRep:
    Tbh Benteke, winger and a gk and I'd be happy, although I think we'd be naïve not to sign a cdm

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.