Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Trump postponing VP announcement due to Nice, believed to be IN Gov. Mike Pence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    British woman on sky news talking about the Nice attacks: "the sad thing about it is it spoiled our shopping trip"

I am lost for words right now...
    I was shocked at that as well
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    I feel like I would have enough to make it very difficult for you to have tried to remove me should it have come to that yes.
    Now I'm intrigued, but I think I might know what it is. Anyhow, if it is what I think it is, that wouldn't have been what stopped me if I had considered removing you (which I never actually felt the need to)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Gwynedd (Y Felinheli) result:
    PC: 92.6%
    CON: 7.4%
    PC previously elected unopposed.
    And that, folks, is the Llŷn Peninsula. (I think that is where Y Felinheli is anyway.)

(Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    27th British prime minister.

Staying in power down under.

Staying in power in Norway, Jordan, Bhutan, and Myanmar.

Japanese Emperor abdicating in favour of his Oxonian son.

Going into power in Perú in a few days.

Who else but Oxford? #WhenWillTheTabs
    We're going to have a Cantabrigian king soon, don't you worry...
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Now I'm intrigued, but I think I might know what it is. Anyhow, if it is what I think it is, that wouldn't have been what stopped me if I had considered removing you (which I never actually felt the need to)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Now I'm intrigued as to what you think I have 😂
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Politics wise, it will be interesting to see how much momentum FN might gain in France after this.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Now I'm intrigued as to what you think I have 😂
    I'm off to bed now, but sometime we'll mull it over 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If we assume the most recent state polling correct Clinton has a 40 EV lead, 58 electors with no polling. 3 will no questions be asked Clinton electors, and a further 11 almost certainly, which would give Clinton a win of 4 electoral votes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Brighton & Hove Labour Party is the latest to be suspended after it elected a pro-Corbyn executive committee. Apparently it has 6,000 members, which would make it the largest branch in the country.

It's amazing the lengths that the NEC is going to in order to censor support for Corbyn. The authoritarian streak in Labour is really showing through. "Do as we say, or else!"

Edit: of course all branches have now been suspended from holding meetings, but the election took place on Saturday before the suspension and the NEC has since annulled the results.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by PetrosAC)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    However, just like the two Joe's are doing, I am sure that with your abundance of membership, you'd be willing to replace him had it come to him Naying a Government Bill...

ReputationRep:
    Awful events in Nice in France. My thoughts for all those injured or who have lost loved ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    Brighton & Hove Labour Party is the latest to be suspended after it elected a pro-Corbyn executive committee. Apparently it has 6,000 members, which would make it the largest branch in the country.

It's amazing the lengths that the NEC is going to in order to censor support for Corbyn. The authoritarian streak in Labour is really showing through. "Do as we say, or else!"

Edit: of course all branches have now been suspended from holding meetings, but the election took place on Saturday before the suspension and the NEC has since annulled the results.
    In Brighton and Hove there are many Green councillors and a Green MP. *The people of this city have a real alternative- vote Green!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I'm sick of these bloody terrorists. Can't people learn to negotiate, instead of blowing each other up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I'm sick of these bloody terrorists. Can't people learn to negotiate, instead of blowing each other up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ISIS and the like desire a global caliphate, they oppose our very way of life.

What would compromise look like here, a minister for ISIS.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They are Islamists. They don't negotiate. They want these things to happen to further their ideology.

ReputationRep:
    If the French people want these terrorist attacks to stop, they need to elect Marine Le Pen as president and elect a FN majority in the National Assembly in 2017.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So you're saying we should negotiate with terrorists?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Slip slip slippery slope... I agree with you that it's an absolutely awful idea. Can't quite believe someone would actually suggest we should...
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    ISIS and the like desire a global caliphate, they oppose our very way of life.

What would compromise look like here, a minister for ISIS.
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    They are Islamists. They don't negotiate. They want these things to happen to further their ideology.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Slip slip slippery slope... I agree with you that it's an absolutely awful idea. Can't quite believe someone would actually suggest we should...
    Clearly the blowing them up approach isn't working...

I'm just sick of this bloody useless waste of life. They're not Islamists if you ask most normal Muslims, they're just desperate madheads. They need to be stopped, but no matter how many people you kill, you can't kill an ideology in that way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Clearly the blowing them approach isn't working...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What, and us negotiating with them is going to lead to a stable future from everyone... are you mad!? What happens when we give them something, which isn't even going to possibly be what they want... they're not going to stop, they're just going to kill more people. And then further on down the line when it's not ISIS, but some other terrorist group... they'll just do more and more thinking that we'll eventually give in... Well done, you've secured the safety of the entire world by negotiating... :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.