Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't want to go to work tomorrow, I'm going to be the only HCA in and I'm **** scared. :cry:
diamonddust
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey everyone, I hope you're ok. Sorry I haven't been around much.

I saw my psychiatrist yesterday, and she gave me a prescription for Flouoxetine (sp?) and I haven't got round to picking it up because I've been 'revising' even though I haven't because none of it is going in.

I feel like the world's biggest failure. I don't know why. I can't revise. I'm going to fail so badly, my worst exams are coming up and I can't... I just can't do it. I've tried. I can't. At the rate I'm going I'm not even going to get the Es I need to return to college.
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i fail at making friends, i fail at making relationships, i fail at getting jobs, i fail at remaining friendly with family, i fail at social skills in general. i've achieved zero in all those fields for the last two years. and there's only one year left before uni finishes and i'm out in the Real World. how the **** am i supposed to cope? there's no way this is just bad luck. i must just be veritably craр at life.

don't know whether it's jealousy or just anger at myself, but one of them's going to finish me off.
becki08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It just all too much. I'm on the edge. I can't call the crisis team on my phone because they're not included in my contract and my parents get the bill and so it'd stand out and they'd ask what it was and I can't let them know. I tried phoning A&E to get them to get the crisis team to phone me back but they wouldn't answer (tried twice). I tried finding the hall pay phone to call the crisis team direct but I couldn't find it and I don't know where a phone box is and there's no one here I can ask to borrow their phone. I tried getting hold of a friend from home to ask whether they could call for me but I can't get hold of them. I'm on the edge and just don't know what to do. I can't do this anymore!
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
It just all too much. I'm on the edge. I can't call the crisis team on my phone because they're not included in my contract and my parents get the bill and so it'd stand out and they'd ask what it was and I can't let them know. I tried phoning A&E to get them to get the crisis team to phone me back but they wouldn't answer (tried twice). I tried finding the hall pay phone to call the crisis team direct but I couldn't find it and I don't know where a phone box is and there's no one here I can ask to borrow their phone. I tried getting hold of a friend from home to ask whether they could call for me but I can't get hold of them. I'm on the edge and just don't know what to do. I can't do this anymore!
i know it's not the same but if you want to chat on here or via PM then i'll stick around as long as you want me
Elements
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Becki- could one of us on here (TSR) call the crisis team for you so as to give them your mobile phone number so that they'll call you back? How about that?

Or are you at University in Halls of Residence? Because you could give your subwarden a quick call and they will come round to see you and help take you wherever or call wherever or just be there physical presence wise too for you?

About the Crisis Team coming up under your itemised bill that your parents pay for...I'd think that your parents would feel a lot better about you calling for help to stay alive, rather than falling to pieces on your own or even worse- not here at all.:hugs:
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sian_bedford)
:cry:
This is the longest rough patch yet. Usually after about a week I feel a bit better then fall back again. But I have been constantly down since Easter really, I just can't see the point. Saber you are right, I have no idea how I am coping or even why. People are telling me to hold on, but what the hell to.
Every second is a battle, there is no break. Am barely sleeping, I just can't do this anymore.
No, no, no- you can do this. We can all do this. We will all get through this together in our own different and sometimes separate ways!

Hi btw!:wavey:
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've never been to that hospital before but my doctor made an emergency referral to the CMHT today as she considered me a 'high suicide risk' so it panicked me when they phoned. Hopefully they were just checking up on me rather than wanting to assess me or anything.

Yeah I did phone the samaritans. It helped me calm down a bit although I'm still really not feeling too good. Wonder whether I'll get any sleep tonight.

Would ringing the Samaritans be of any use or comfort to you now?

Are you at home/somewhere that physicallyis safe and well-known to you?:hugs:
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
OMG-where has Becki gone?:eek: She's not online any more! Has anyone got her number to give her a call and talk to her please?
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sian_bedford)
Right, keep calm. She may have just lost internet connection. Am afraid I don't have a number, could you try to PM her? I usually get an email through which she may notice. Or does anyone have her on facebook or anything?
I don't know. Ive hardly spoken to her before. Will try to get through to someone that's a friend of her's on my phone or something though. Sorry.:redface:
diamonddust
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Elements)
I don't know. Ive hardly spoken to her before. Will try to get through to someone that's a friend of her's on my phone or something though. Sorry.:redface:
Did you manage to do that?

I'm sure she's ok!

How is everyone? I hope you're all ok.

I hate this. I just want everything to be over. It hurts so much.
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by diamonddust)
Did you manage to do that?

I'm sure she's ok!

How is everyone? I hope you're all ok.

I hate this. I just want everything to be over. It hurts so much.
Sent off calls and texts to some of her friends but no luck or response as of yet.

Take care everyone in here; wishing you all to be well very muchly.:hugs: :hugs:
diamonddust
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Elements)
Sent off calls and texts to some of her friends but no luck or response as of yet.

Take care everyone in here; wishing you all to be well very muchly.:hugs: :hugs:
I hope you get a reply soon and I'm sure she's fine.

And you take care too, I think I'm going to go to bed.

Night everyone! xx :hugs:
fairy spangles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i need a bit of a rant.

I HATE it when people dont understand what your going through - just because i dont have any symptoms anymore and im doped up on more drugs than a pharmacy doesnt mean that the mental scars which are left are healed. i can feel myself slipping back into a depression and im not even sure why.

im dizzy all of the time and i cant function properly im terrified that im gonna be ill again, ive had to have time off sick from work again - that doesnt bother me but im scared im not gonna be well enough for uni. Its what ive always wanted to do and im scared of loosing it.
Vienna Cannon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hope every one is ok, i am currently worried but time will tell.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Vienna Cannon)
hope every one is ok, i am currently worried but time will tell.
:hugs:
Vienna Cannon
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
:hugs:
:hugs: thanks. heh my knee hurts *blames old buster*
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm very sorry for worrying you all last night. I was in a really bad state but a friend managed to get hold of the crisis team for me. I dissociated and forgot I'd posted on here so I'm really sorry for not updating. The crisis team didn't help but one of my housemates found me upset and helped calm me down until I was able to sleep. I saw the mental health advisor today and am feeling a little bit better although still not very good. I'm so so sorry for worrying you all.
Vienna Cannon
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm very sorry for worrying you all last night. I was in a really bad state but a friend managed to get hold of the crisis team for me. I dissociated and forgot I'd posted on here so I'm really sorry for not updating. The crisis team didn't help but one of my housemates found me upset and helped calm me down until I was able to sleep. I saw the mental health advisor today and am feeling a little bit better although still not very good. I'm so so sorry for worrying you all.
:hugs: we are glad you are ok. i really hope things get easier for you i am sorry you are so low
diamonddust
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh hun, don't apologise! I'm just glad you're ok and feeling a little better! :hugs:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (546)
37.73%
No - but I will (113)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (100)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (688)
47.55%

Watched Threads