Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Formative anyway, tbh. I just don't want to be making these mistakes as we're hitting the wards from next week.
    Same. I am in clinic on Thursday to practice the stuff I have coming up in the OCSE, I would prefer the order you have to do things. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carcinoma)
    Spent hours learning the coagulation cascade to be told by a consultant haematologist that the intrinsic pathway does not really begin coagulation and coagulation still occurs fie without prekallikrein and factor 12.

Its more of a coagulation pathway, with the "intrinsic" side acting as amplfication.
    Once again it is all a lie Fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Same. I am in clinic on Thursday to practice the stuff I have coming up in the OCSE, I would prefer the order you have to do things. :p:
    I've got to make a dvd of me taking a history next week. I am not looking forward to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope)
    I've got to make a dvd of me taking a history next week. I am not looking forward to it.
    We did that in our GP block, we filmed taking a history with patient (twice a week and with patient consent of course!) - it's quite odd watching back seeing yourself, but definitely one of the best ways to learn as you notice things about yourself you didn't notice before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan)
    We did that in our GP block, we filmed taking a history with patient (twice a week and with patient consent of course!) - it's quite odd watching back seeing yourself, but definitely one of the best ways to learn as you notice things about yourself you didn't notice before.
    I'm sure it will be useful Everyone finds the sound of their own voice pretty odd I think!

ReputationRep:
    Psychiatry is definitely not for me. Neurology and Stroke medicine certainly aren't either.

Back to video games methinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope)
    Yeah we do something similar in a few weeks. Massive cringe.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah we do something similar in a few weeks. Massive cringe.
    Shouldn't be too bad. As with most things, it all depends on your group :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    OMG Essay due in thursday morning and wikipedia goes offline tommorow?!?! WHY???!!

Does this mean i actually have to read journals?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    OMG Essay due in thursday morning and wikipedia goes offline tommorow?!?! WHY???!!

Does this mean i actually have to read journals?
    Haha. Just go on google and use "Google Cache" or use google translate for one of the other wiki sites.

ReputationRep:
    Perfectly acceptable to have a "21st take 2" party right?
    Or am I just in denial about my fastly approaching old age?

I could probably get away with telling everyone I'm 20 now and having a 21st birthday again. let's be honest, no one was in any state to remember it.
    I was really pissed off the next day as one of my friends got me a bottle of rose for my birthday and I couldn't find it, thinking someone had drank it..... then I found pictures of myself with a glass of rose in my hand...

ReputationRep:
    Formative anyway, tbh. I just don't want to be making these mistakes as we're hitting the wards from next week.
    Sometimes making mistakes in formative isn't a bad thing though as you know you will never make that mistake again. Kind of gets imprinted in your mind. At least for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Perfectly acceptable to have a "21st take 2" party right?
    Or am I just in denial about my fastly approaching old age?

I could probably get away with telling everyone I'm 20 now and having a 21st birthday again. let's be honest, no one was in any state to remember it.
    I was really pissed off the next day as one of my friends got me a bottle of rose for my birthday and I couldn't find it, thinking someone had drank it..... then I found pictures of myself with a glass of rose in my hand...
    Definitely. Think I might try and swing another 21st instead of facing up to 23 this year.

ReputationRep:
    Those of you complaining about wiki being out if you press Esc before the page loads you can still read the article.

But you really should be aware that this protest is a good cause and deserves your support.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Just saw my first ever post mortem :unsure:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    Just saw my first ever post mortem :unsure:
    Oooh! How was it? What was it like? And why were you viewing a post mortem?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    Oooh! How was it? What was it like? And why were you viewing a post mortem?
    It was.... weird.

On a youngish guy who'd hung himself - possibly due to a brain tumour that probably could have been removed had he seeked help :sad:

The only previous dead body I'd seen was in anatomy, so it was heavily preserved. This was just so fresh. And bloody.

And the pathologist that lectures us offered the opportunity for us to go see some on Wednesday mornings. So I did :p:

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-16604050

I've already seen and ranted about it

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post35917223

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jamie)
      I've already seen and ranted about it

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post35917223
      Oh I didn't see your thread! Oops.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.