Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mma_gal96)
    Wayhey, they're quite hard to find here :dontknow:

Why,what happened? I'm annoyed about business too; did you do WJEC or OCR?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Business was WJEC... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Business was WJEC... :mad:
    Ahh, see all through Y10 and half of Y11, we did wjec, but my teacher somehow thought it was a good idea to switch to OCR halfway through the year...I had my only B in that, but nobody got higher than a B so I don't know what happened :hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, see all through Y10 and half of Y11, we did wjec, but my teacher somehow thought it was a good idea to switch to OCR halfway through the year...I had my only B in that, but nobody got higher than a B so I don't know what happened :hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had an A but no A*s, 2 As and only 8 other passes...

He said he didn't know what the hell went on

ReputationRep:
    I had an A but no A*s, 2 As and only 8 other passes...

He said he didn't know what the hell went on
    Ah no! What's going on with business these days!? An A's still awesome though!
    Yeah my teacher just went 'aww,they were marking really harshly this year' and I was thinking, 'well that's no consolation really..'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    x
    :rofl: so true!

I got the B in RS as well remarking that!

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: so true!

I got the B in RS as well remarking that!
    I was happy with my RE result, or I'd he remarking mine too :/ £35 for A remark apparently

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was happy with my RE result, or I'd he remarking mine too :/ £35 for A remark apparently

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You get it back if it goes up!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Are you remarking as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keromedic)
    Are you remarking as well?
    I said I was
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I said I was
    Ah sorry, I only looked at the latest post.
    Aren't you going to be late for college?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, and if it goes down, although the exam officer at my school said so far they've all stayed the same :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just got my result for maths today, it was my first ever formal GCSE exam, I got a B. I was wondering if that is a decent grade for a guy that sat it in year 9?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Alan-K)
    I just got my result for maths today, it was my first ever formal GCSE exam, I got a B. I was wondering if that is a decent grade for a guy that sat it in year 9?
    I sat mine at the end of year 11 and only managed a B :lol: So that's great, congratulations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heytherehello)
    Anyone else who did OCR Philosophy and Ethics get a low mark on one of their ethics papers? I think it was the religion poverty and wealth one because i got full marks in both my philosophy papers, 40/50 in one ethics then 34/50 in the religion poverty and wealth one giving me overall an A . The overall was 174/200 does anyone know the grade boundary? Do you think it's worth getting the low one remarked to try and get an A*? Any replies would be appreciated
    Exact thing happened to me, and I also got 174/200! I'm not sure about the boundaries though... I think it's 180 for A* but I'm not 100% sure :confused:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by asdfghjkleah)
    Exact thing happened to me, and I also got 174/200! I'm not sure about the boundaries though... I think it's 180 for A* but I'm not 100% sure :confused:
    Sorry to randomly interrupt, but it is indeed 180

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OMG I just found out I needed 2 Marks for An A* in Literature and 2 Marks for an A* in French! Life. -_-

ReputationRep:
    Got a C in English language but a B in English literature can I still become a doctor? btw the rest are a*,as and bs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alan-K)
    My name is Alan too Back in year nine I got a B, retook in year 10 for an A though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was on holiday to Egypt so I didn't get my results; I came home last night and when I opened them I went straight to my room and cried. Although I passed all but one subject I was extremely distraught and shocked by my B in History and C's in English and English Lit, although taking higher and expecting grades of that an A! I felt incredibly dumb and felt my life was over, obviously I've slept on it, and I've rationalised that even with these 'results' I could possibly still do what I wanted to do in sixth form which is philosophy, English lit, History and Sociology, all I need is a C in maths, B in both English and English lit, and a B in History which I have (according to my results) I was terribly shocked that in my best subjects I had been expecting A's at least in History and English yet I was distraught at B's and C's, I still am to a point! I also failed one subject with a D in drama, but with a quick glance at forums on here, I've heard that drama results occasionally **** up and I haven't heard of my fellow students results either so ill check that out. But when I got my results they confused the **** out of me all these pieces of paper regarding work in year 9 concerning food tech I mean, what the **** has that to do with my gcses? And the 'results' were hard to read, and for my unit exam marks they missed out my grades in history (which I know I had an A* in my controlled and in another unit I had an A) but then there was a letter saying something about they are provisional results being generated by the school? Oh, but if these are apparent to be my results then I'm sure I could still do the subjects I wanted all I don't have is a B in my English subjects, but concerning that, I have at least a B in one of the exam units for each English exam taken and really I should have a B in English language but my teacher only allowed us to do our coursework at a C level, so that may of pushed me down? But if that is the case and I explain that, then perhaps the school will still let me take the subjects I want? I'm a good student and I'm always in school, hardworking, and I'm just missing a B in english for three a levels I want but for English lit I have a C? But a B in one of the exams I took for it? I don't know, I mean as well the national pass rate has fallen also so that may be taken in to account...I'm just gutted that these so called results are not what I wanted! I mean a D in drama? I thought I was able!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yahya10123)
    i got a B overall in english literature in january results and was 1 UMS mark away from an A and was wondering if i can still send for a remark???
    If you don't mind me asking, what was your UMS? Because I got 190 which is also a B, I just wondered what it's out of and what is needed for an A? Cheers

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.