Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Still £4m (or so) less than Mr Wenger. No wonder he doesn't want to leave!

On a serious note, do you guys think he'll leave no matter what at the end of the season?
    no point complaining about AW's salary, of anything hes paid below market rate given his abilities to perform on a budget. PSG would pay 10m easily. Whether he's the best man for the job is a separate question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    no point complaining about AW's salary, of anything hes paid below market rate given his abilities to perform on a budget. PSG would pay 10m easily. Whether he's the best man for the job is a separate question.
    Thought I made it clear that I was joking about his salary.

Who can you see taking over if/when he goes though? Obvious answer is probably Jurgen Klopp with his recent league and European success...

ReputationRep:

Who can you see taking over if/when he goes though? Obvious answer is probably Jurgen Klopp with his recent league and European success...
    Neil Lennon, Paul Lambert or Roberto Martinez

ReputationRep:

Paul Lambert. I think he should be on the shortlist of potential Wenger replacements. Didn't have a great first season at Villa but will do so this season. Also plays the traditional Arsenal fast-paced football. Plus he did GREAT at Norwich.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Ross Barkley? No?

ReputationRep:

Klopp, Christian Streich, Laudraup, Malky Mckay are some of the names I'd consider. Klopp would probably fancy it in a few years time but not yet. Sad thing is that we cant improve on Wenger, he just needs to stop working against himself. He can still turn it around but he literally has 2 weeks to earn a new contract. Its not the hardest challenge is it, spend some cash?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Martinez isn't the manager everyone thinks. Attacking wise he's decent but I think he comes short defensively. You'll see this at Everton this season.

Neil Lennon, not yet. Wanna see him at a PL club first like Lambert did with Norwich and now at Villa.

For me, Lambert is an option.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Ross Barkley? No?
    If all we do this summer is buy Ross Barkley I will be happy.

ReputationRep:
    Klopp, Christian Streich, Laudraup, Malky Mckay are some of the names I'd consider. Klopp would probably fancy it in a few years time but not yet. Sad thing is that we cant improve on Wenger, he just needs to stop working against himself. He can still turn it around but he literally has 2 weeks to earn a new contract. Its not the hardest challenge is it, spend some cash?
    Laudrup's a good shout too. I'd probably put him up there with Klopp as top 2.

Yeah it's not the hardest challenge. But it was made harder on Saturday with your performance and the fan reaction after the third goal went in that will force Wenger's hand. Harder in terms of finding clubs that will sell at a fair price. Surely you'll get business done before Wednesday now though.

ReputationRep:
    I just feel Wenger is destroying his legacy. You can imagine the next manager saying it's a huge void to fill Wenger's shoes even if the last decade (gosh decade) hasn't been that great. Whereas it could have been replacing Wenger is a huge task because he's had so much success and played real entertaining football.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    The day Neil Lennon is appointed Arsenal manger is the day I stop supporting Arsenal, that's guaranteed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    If all we do this summer is buy Ross Barkley I will be happy.
    Oh Dear.

(Original post by sevchenko)
    The day Neil Lennon is appointed Arsenal manger is the day I stop supporting Arsenal, that's guaranteed.
    Double Oh Dear.

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a random thought, but I've never seen Giroud dribble/get past a player successfully. This is the main reason I want another striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Lets hope he's appointed soon then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Lets hope he's appointed soon then.
    haha Fair enough I set myself up for that one

ReputationRep:

I want Remi Garde

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Not really I'd say it's the other way round we stopped bothering after the first half and left it at 2-0 :lol:
    Wouldn't say you stopped playing as much as Hull's obvious nervousness wore off, anyway I predict Chelsea to do what they did last season, good start against poor teams and fade away from the title race after January, settling for 3rd/4th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Martinez isn't the manager everyone thinks. Attacking wise he's decent but I think he comes short defensively. You'll see this at Everton this season.

Neil Lennon, not yet. Wanna see him at a PL club first like Lambert did with Norwich and now at Villa.

For me, Lambert is an option.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Martinez is an outstanding manager and that's a fact. Without him Swansea would not be in the PL now.

Lambert is very unproven, i wouldn't want him at Arsenal if i was an Arsenal fan. He's got a lot to do to prove himself yet. Flavour of the month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)
    Bit of a random thought, but I've never seen Giroud dribble/get past a player successfully. This is the main reason I want another striker.
    Compare that to Henry. This is a big factor why our football is so different now and a lot more boring.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    im wondering right, if an owner of a football club was to use his other businesses to sponsor the club they own for like a £100mill can they get around FFP rules?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.