Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Well what do you expect when it's called the Champions League?

For many years the only way to qualify was to win the league in your country.
    Or to win the CL.

Nottingham forest e.g. qualified for the 80-81 season after winning the CL despite coming 2nd to Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    American boy, what does a liverpool fan knows about a champions sound? Weird :confused:

Not even going to bother with jam trying hard to push his agenda, I'm too focused on making it rain these days.
    What happened to Miel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    What happened to Miel
    Lol. I wouldn't know. There're 100s more people that'd me more in the know than me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Clough was a great manager until about 1982 but he was a raging homophobe. See how he treated Justin Stefanu. Also there were reports of him match fixing and taking bungs.

Yeah, it's a competition where you have many the best teams in europe from other leagues playing against you.

It's clearly a harder competition to win, there is not a single team with less league titles than CL wins too.
    Being a raging homophobe has nothing to do with his football knowledge...strong ad hominem there. For instance Churchill was an absolutely nuts racist, we still rate him highly for his war leadership.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not actually biased against Arsenal though. I even congratulated you for winning the FA cup but is the FA cup really enough for a club like Arsenal? You're obviously going to try and build on that but it's a start or means to an end and that's it.

For me, the FA cup is now a stepping stone trophy for the big clubs or an attempt at some glory for the ****ter teams in the division. Financially it means nothing as well in comparison to qualifying for CL, finishing 4th and winning FA cup is a decent season anyway and that's it. If you put together a good CL run too(semis) or won Europa then could say that you had a good season.

However I repeat, I am not biased against Arsenal, I am a fan of football. It's why I watch the world cup besides not even liking the whole process.
    That is utterly, utterly hypocritical. After all the years of laughing at the whole top 4 is a trophy nonsense that you labelled arsenal fans as accepting, you're now agreeing with it being on a par with/more important than the fa cup?

Sort it out ffs have an opinion and stick to it, you do more u-turns than Italy during a war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Being a raging homophobe has nothing to do with his football knowledge...strong ad hominem there. For instance Churchill was an absolutely nuts racist, we still rate him highly for his war leadership.
    Churchill was a scumbag and was responsible for the death of 1 million indians.

That is utterly, utterly hypocritical. After all the years of laughing at the whole top 4 is a trophy nonsense that you labelled arsenal fans as accepting, you're now agreeing with it being on a par with/more important than the fa cup?

Sort it out ffs have an opinion and stick to it, you do more u-turns than Italy during a war.
    When did I ever say that the Fa cup is more important than making top 4? You're picking a fight with the wrong guy bbz.

ReputationRep:
    Churchill was a scumbag and was responsible for the death of 1 million indians.

When did I ever say that the Fa cup is more important than making top 4? You're picking a fight with the wrong guy bbz.
    Not arguing with your thoughts on Churchill, he was a nasty piece of work.

I'm not going back and scouring through posts but I distinctly remember you mocking the whole 'top 4 trophy' idea on more than one occasion. Not picking a fight just pointing out hypocrisy when I see it.

ReputationRep:
    Not arguing with your thoughts on Churchill, he was a nasty piece of work.

I'm not going back and scouring through posts but I distinctly remember you mocking the whole 'top 4 trophy' idea on more than one occasion. Not picking a fight just pointing out hypocrisy when I see it.
    Yeah I know my history lessons. British empire were dicks of the highest order.

I mock the top 4 trophy as it's not supposed to be the height of Arsenals ambitions despite it's importance over the FA cup. The FA cup final to me was a warm up game for Bayern or is just there as an add on to say you won a double/treble. If I ever say differently, bookmark this page. Got stick from Liverpool fans for saying that I didn't care too much about winning the FA cup 2 years ago. I do miss winning it every other year though.

ReputationRep:

I mock the top 4 trophy as it's not supposed to be the height of Arsenals ambitions despite it's importance over the FA cup. The FA cup final to me was a warm up game for Bayern or is just there as an add on to say you won a double/treble. If I ever say differently, bookmark this page. Got stick from Liverpool fans for saying that I didn't care too much about winning the FA cup 2 years ago. I do miss winning it every other year though.
    Just an fyi I have a degree in political history (mostly US history though tbh).

We criminally underrate the FA cup in the UK though, it's the oldest cup competition in the world, and to foreigners aside from the world cup it was the only televised competition in football for a long time, so its prestige is written into history regardless of current trends.

ReputationRep:

I'd probably put them 2nd after the Spanish :p:

ReputationRep:

I mock the top 4 trophy as it's not supposed to be the height of Arsenals ambitions despite it's importance over the FA cup.
    It never was and has never been.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    I'd probably put them 2nd after the Spanish :p:
    I would put British empire first. Although Spanish come close.

Christopher Columbus is a man who I dislike a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    It never was and has never been.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In the same way that my ambitions is to get a 7 figure salary.

ReputationRep:
    Being reported that Wenger met with Alexis' agent and offers from Liverpool and Arsenal are on the table atm. If its between Arsenal and Liverpool no doubt Sanchez would choose us. Its not even a competition tbh. We completely blow Liverpool out of the water. Hopefully the player himself wants to leave.

https://twitter.com/partidodelas12/s...98300360880128

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    Being reported that Wenger met with Alexis' agent and offers from Liverpool and Arsenal are on the table atm. If its between Arsenal and Liverpool no doubt Sanchez would choose us. Its not even a competition tbh. We completely blow Liverpool out of the water. Hopefully the player himself wants to leave.

https://twitter.com/partidodelas12/s...98300360880128
    However Barca want a no.9, if Sanchez is part of a swap deal for a top player then you guys have no chance. They ain't taking Giroud off you guys fam.

ReputationRep:
    However Barca want a no.9, if Sanchez is part of a swap deal for a top player then you guys have no chance. They ain't taking Giroud off you guys fam.
    Its unfair how dispensable such a top player like Sánchez is for them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Of course if the interest in Suarez is genuine Liverpool have more bargaining power than us. Although I wouldn't be too down in the dumps if the scourers end up losing their best player. Sanchez wouldn't be able to replace him.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't even call Suarez a real number 9 either. It would be more of a statement signing if they actually stepped up their interest for him.

ReputationRep:
    There's no such thing as good imperialism. Hard to categorize which Empire was worse. If we're going by barbarity than the Belgians and Portuguese were probably the worst if the historical accounts of how they treated their subjects are anything to go by. If we measure it by deaths from imperialism (which includes unintentional deaths) than the Spanish and British were not too far apart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    I wouldn't even call Suarez a real number 9 either. It would be more of a statement signing if they actually stepped up their interest for him.
    Yeah I know, it's weird they're in for Suarez in the first place, it just feels like more of the same. He's more of a real no.9 than Messi I guess.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.