Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    I've been thinking that Arsene is using Ozil on the left until Walcott returns. If we look at Ramsey & Wilshere, there were periods in their development when Arsene played them on the wings. They were absolutely terrible, but they did improve physically and are now able to burst forwards from the centre - something that Ozil lacks.

I think Ozil will be moved back to the centre when Walcott returns, but that begs the question, who is dropped? Arsene will not drop Ozil, there's no way.

No one is taking walcotts RW. I just hope he moves Alexis left - so maybe Ozil & Ramsey centrally?
    Yeah, that is true, it is about improving Ozil in the long run tbh because his movement is just too static at times. However, I would rather Wenger just drop him for the Ox today, it was a big game, not a good time to be ****ing around with things like this.

ReputationRep:
    Ozil being able to burst forwards from the centre is a scary thought really, especially with the vision he has.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    I've been thinking that Arsene is using Ozil on the left until Walcott returns. If we look at Ramsey & Wilshere, there were periods in their development when Arsene played them on the wings. They were absolutely terrible, but they did improve physically and are now able to burst forwards from the centre - something that Ozil lacks.

I think Ozil will be moved back to the centre when Walcott returns, but that begs the question, who is dropped? Arsene will not drop Ozil, there's no way.

No one is taking walcotts RW. I just hope he moves Alexis left - so maybe Ozil & Ramsey centrally?

^^ That's assuming Wenger will stick to 4-1-4-1
    For £42.5M we shouldn't have to improve him or graft him to a new position. He should ready made for such a massive fee. Maybe a formation change has been in Wenger mind for a while, is he trying to convert Ozil to into a CM B2B?

I agree about Ramsey and Jack time on the wing improved them. I'm still kind pissed we haven't given Campbell a proper chance. We need to rotate the squad for Villa or else players will get burnt out, Campbell, Poldi, Rosicky, Ox need to start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    For £42.5M we shouldn't have to improve him or graft him to a new position. He should ready made for such a massive fee. Maybe a formation change has been in Wenger mind for a while, is he trying to convert Ozil to into a CM B2B?

I agree about Ramsey and Jack time on the wing improved them. I'm still kind pissed we haven't given Campbell a proper chance. We need to rotate the squad for Villa or else players will get burnt out, Campbell, Poldi, Rosicky, Ox need to start.
    I know, this is what irritates me too. It's easy to be really static and to thread a throughball or two to people like Ronaldo. Also, it's no concidence that he was racking up the most assists, considering he was assisting people like Ronaldo, Benzema, Di Maria etc.

I think Wenger realises that it's not Ozil that he needed to spend that much on, and now realises the need to improve his game - because the La Liga is way different to BPL.

You could be right though, perhaps Wenger is trying to convert him to B2B, but for a player like Ozil it's more likely not to work. It makes sense because it secures Ramsey & Wilsheres development, especially if they're the future of Arsenal, but I just can't see Ozil being a B2B. He's too lazy for that, and is genuinely a player moulded for forward play and not really having to track back.

Yeah I don't understand this either. Campbell has so much room for improvement, the whole situation is almost begging for him to get play time. I don't understand why Cazorla wasn't brought on for Ozil around 75th minute today. He would have been so much more effective near the end - would have been the perfect impact sub.

ReputationRep:
    Ozil as a box to box midfielder are you high

Wenger definitely smokes crack so won't be surprised if he turns him into one anyway

ReputationRep:
    lets be honest here Campbell is going to be sold.

welbeck has put the nail in the coffin for Campbells career. Giroud will come back so he's not going to get a game as a striker. **** it Wenger prefers Sanogo over Campbell...

on the wings he prefers Ozil, Podolski and Cazorla to him that should say it all nevermind actual wingers like Chamberlain, Walcott and Sanchez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)

welbeck has put the nail in the coffin for Campbells career. Giroud will come back so he's not going to get a game as a striker. **** it Wenger prefers Sanogo over Campbell...

on the wings he prefers Ozil, Podolski and Cazorla to him that should say it all nevermind actual wingers like Chamberlain, Walcott and Sanchez.

Don't rule it out. At this rate we're on an injury per game. Campbell will be played on the wing when Ozil, Alexis, Cazorla, Wilshere, and Ramsey are all injured by November lel

I should put £10 down that Akpom gets a run this season too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)

I don't have a ****ing clue when it comes to Wenger anymore. He's not the same man tactically/formation wise that he was up until 06. Think the CL final broke him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Don't rule it out. At this rate we're on an injury per game. Campbell will be played on the wing when Ozil, Alexis, Cazorla, Wilshere, and Ramsey are all injured by November lel

I should put £10 down that Akpom gets a run this season too
    gnabry init fam he's above him in the pecking order

ReputationRep:
    We actually are averaging an injury a game in the prem....**** me.

Played: 4

Injured: 4 (Arteta, Gibbs, Debuchy, Giroud)

ReputationRep:
    after today's game

ARTETA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FLAMINI

flamini is actually very ****, good squad player though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    after today's game

ARTETA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FLAMINI

flamini is actually very ****, good squad player though.
    don't get gassed its one game, did you see real madrids match

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by precious maro)
    don't get gassed its one game, did you see real madrids match
    I only watch The Arsenal. I actually asked to go home early from work so I can watch the match. Haven't really got time to watch other matches tbh.

But why are you stalking me though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    I only watch The Arsenal. I actually asked to go home early from work so I can watch the match. Haven't really got time to watch other matches tbh.

But why are you stalking me though?
    cos I can!!!

ReputationRep:
    lol ^

ReputationRep:
    Giroud will most likely be Chamaked imo

ReputationRep:
    love this new found aggression from jack, doesn't fall down like a pussy as much anymore. lol at him flooring nasri, who btw flops in all of these fixtures against us.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger reminds me of herbert the pervert for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe Wenger let Fabregas go to Chelsea while Ozil continues to stink up the place.

ReputationRep:
    Every Arsenal fan I've spoken to irl as well as most on Twitter about Fabregas has said they'd take him over Wilshere. Granted Wilshere played well today but he doesn't do that enough, he's wack most of the time.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.