Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    What, and us negotiating with them is going to lead to a stable future from everyone... are you mad!? What happens when we give them something, which isn't even going to possibly be what they want... they're not going to stop, they're just going to kill more people. And then further on down the line when it's not ISIS, but some other terrorist group... they'll just do more and more thinking that we'll eventually give in... Well done, you've secured the safety of the entire world by negotiating... :rolleyes:
    Well something has to change.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Clearly the blowing them up approach isn't working...

I'm just sick of this bloody useless waste of life. They're not Islamists if you ask most normal Muslims, they're just desperate madheads. They need to be stopped, but no matter how many people you kill, you can't kill an ideology in that way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There were 84, and counting successes last night. Kinda ironic though, a terrorist attack while celebrating terrorism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    There were 84, and counting successes last night. Kinda ironic though, a terrorist attack while celebrating terrorism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    9/11 was also ironic if we're going down that route.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    9/11 was also ironic if we're going down that route.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Since when was 9/11 independence day? In fact not much happened on that day during the Revolutionary war, in 1776 they decided to call their ideal the United States, and then 15 years later, after the war, they named DC Washington.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    So may has said the Irish boarder should be re-established. Can we give up NI NOW?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    So may has said the Irish boarder should be re-established. Can we give up NI NOW?
    If they want to, but they don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A border within Ireland would be a horrendously bad idea. It'd be far more sensible, given the options, to establish full border controls between Northern Ireland and the rest of Britain instead.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    If they want to, but they don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think you might find more people are pro-leaving if the alternative is something similar to the troubles again.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly the blowing them up approach isn't working...

I'm just sick of this bloody useless waste of life. They're not Islamists if you ask most normal Muslims, they're just desperate madheads. They need to be stopped, but no matter how many people you kill, you can't kill an ideology in that way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We need to exit the Geneva convention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I think you might find more people are pro-leaving if the alternative is something similar to the troubles again.
    The union was never more popular at the ballot box than when nationalists were murdering their own people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Hear, hear!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Which Geneva Convention? There are four separate Geneva Conventions. Please don't lump them all together.

You seem to have a very strange expectation for non-western countries to abide by international law and standards while constantly saying that we should not.

If we leave the Geneva Conventions and start carrying out acts of terror, we have no legitimacy to complain about anyone else.

It seems to be a case of 'do as I say, not as I do'.

How will leaving any of the Geneva Conventions help?

ReputationRep:
    Andy98

you realise the war against ISIS is being won? They're loing loads of territory.

The good thing about isis is that it is an actual military fighting an actual war. We can deal with that.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    I suggest you look back at recent debate, I really cba restating common knowledge to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by banterboy)
    Andy98

you realise the war against ISIS is being won? They're loing loads of territory.

The good thing about isis is that it is an actual military fighting an actual war. We can deal with that.
    Umm what is this in response to? And the only reason this will work out is because of who's betting them. The Syrians and Iraqi army. So people can't play this as a western persicution of Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Umm what is this in response to? And the only reason this will work out is because of who's betting them. The Syrians and Iraqi army. So people can't play this as a western persicution of Muslims.
    i meant it to andy's comment on the last page.

you have a point here to be fair, better pr that they're killing these *******s themselves.

They have their own army now, working in their interests, thanks to the iraq invasion.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by banterboy)
    i meant it to andy's comment on the last page.

you have a point here to be fair, better pr that they're killing these *******s themselves.

They have their own army now, working in their interests, thanks to the iraq invasion.
    Okay.

I wouldn't call them names at all really. They believe what they are doing is right, we believe it is wrong. Ultimately history is written by the victors and it's so subjective that you can't say anyone is right or wrong.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I hope this place still does laphroaig :beard:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Faland)
    I hope this place still does laphroaig :beard:
    :zomg:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Faland Hey, how've you been?! :eek: :eek:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.