Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    Someone help😩
    I just got my as results, I have AABB in maths, FM, biology and economics. The biology and economics are the new ocr linear exams and on my result slip it doesn't even say the raw marks.Is it worth sending it back for a remark?!??!

Or is anyone else considering a remark of new linear exams???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    You'll be okay. Did you get into your insurance?
    Call and pester now. Push it and make sure you get the name of whoever you talk to. You have plenty of time. Breathe.
    They said to call again at lunchtime if it hasn't updated. :-( BU took my name, number and grades and they said they might give me a call back after I told them I have written confirmation from Aberystwyth that I will be released.
    (Original post by The Financier)
    There's little you can do but keep pestering them to release you until they get sick of you. Just bombard them until they do
    They said to call again at lunchtime if it hasn't updated :-)
    (Original post by PQ)
    Wow well done!Don't worry - places wont be gone.NOONE can officially apply through clearing until 3pm...and even so BU are usually advertising places for a couple of weeks after results day.Do you still have the email address of the person your mum spoke to? Email them to let them know you're arranging to get released into clearing and will be applying ASAP and ask if there's anything they can do to reassure you or save a place. Tell them about visiting the other week and having accommodation sorted.
    Thanks And thanks for all the help you've given me! I've told them all that already (I spoke to a course leader or something?) and they took my name and number and said they might give me a call back after I told them I have email confirmation from Aber that I will be getting released. Going to keep refreshing Track til 12 (got nothing else to do) and then give Aber hell if they haven't released me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingLAWZA)
    Well luckily I got into Exeter with BBB instead of ABB, probably because the B which was meant to be an A was in Economics wasn't relative, spent 3 hours researching other universities for nothing I guess!
    :party:

congratulations!

If it helped you get through the stress of waiting then it was worth it :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloom <3)
    I got a BCCC :/
    What do u guys think about this?
    There's still plenty of options with those grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reda2)
    I dont know my grades yet, on my way to get them, but in UCAS track my firm choice offered me Foundation year, something that I will not do. What shall I do? Once i get my results i will be emailing them and calling them.
    Ring them up to discuss your options. They have had several days to think about this decision, so it is likely that they will not change their minds, but a calm and positive chat could help. If you're not happy with a foundation year and they won't budge, ask them to release you into Clearing so that you can find a place you really want.

Keep us updated if you have time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elen90)
    Durham: "You'll find out by Wednesday at the latest."

Oh gee, thanks. Seems a tad unfair to keep us in suspense for so long.
    Thats great, I wonder what is taking so long, they've had the results since the weekend? Do they give out more offers than other uni's?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471512236.608015.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  122.2 KB over the moon, physics is linear and IT is only coursework!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gorillion)
    SSS?
    Nearly, got S 1 S in STEP I, II and III. And somehow got 5A*'s and 1A at A2.

ReputationRep:
    Where do we find the numbers to ring unis?

ReputationRep:
    I got ABC last year, was predicted ABB and got A*AA!!!! So happy! Thought I was going to fail history entirely !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Should I remark if I need 4 raw marks for the next grade? This is for AS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    over the moon, physics is linear and IT is only coursework!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice job, you're in a great position to apply for some top notch universities!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    What were you predicted?
    Its AS edx result
    I was hoping for ABCC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    :party:

congratulations!

If it helped you get through the stress of waiting then it was worth it :yes:
    Definitely as it gave me a distraction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Don't worry too much for now.

Keep ringing.

If Goldsmiths is still your favourite option this afternoon and you want to take up the place there then ring up again, ask to speak to someone senior and explain that you were made a clearing offer but are actually in adjustment so you need them to take your application out of adjustment so you can take up the offer.
    Thanks to you and the other for answering. Just to clarify, I have registered for the Adjustment, and Westminster sent me an email which I replied to accepting, before realise I should seek alternatives and then got the offer from Gold, which was annoyingly a Clearing one.

I haven't done anything in UCAS besides register for Adjustment.
    Just in case that changes anything.Thanks a lot.

ReputationRep:
    269/300 is the highest possible A in further maths haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CardiffKate)
    Congratulations! If you have been accepted on Track then don't worry, you're in.
    If you haven't heard anything by tomorrow, drop them a call just to confirm. Which uni are you off to?
    Manchester to do Chemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloom <3)
    Its AS edx result
    I was hoping for ABCC
    Then I think you've done very well .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by korrin)
    Where do we find the numbers to ring unis?
    Look online. They will all have dedicated Clearing and Adjustment phone numbers on their websites.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    I'd definitely suggest ringing them up this afternoon and asking to speak to someone senior - it's very unusual to reject a transfer because of GCSE grades (especially if you've got Eng/Maths at C+ and BTEC equivalents)...it could be that someone somewhere has messed up because they don't understand BTECs.
    Thanks PQ..

Could it be because I took my GCSEs and BTEC from separate institution?

I've been passed around 2-3 times on the phone earlier, so I think I've spoken to somewhat senior admission??..

I don't know If i'd have the courage to do that again.. I feel kinda discouraged to speak to anyone now, I can't even compose myself as to what to say and how I am going to say it. It'd be like rubbing a salt to a wound.. It's devastating to get rejected over and over again,

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.