Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Anastasia.Sy)
    This is so painful! i sent it off 7 weeks ago and I still have NOTHING!
    Not even an unsuccessful!!!

Can anyone tell me on any updates with these universities for English?

Durham
    Warwick
    Exeter
    Oxford
    York

Because if other people have offers from these places for English then I will accept that I have been rejected. I just hate not knowing!
    Don't be stupid. English is notoriously slow.
    Oxford call for interview those they like and who did well in the ELAT a week before.
    Warwick have started giving out interviews/rejections.
    York have made a few offers.
    Durham are slow. Exeter it depends.

Find us on the English thread for more info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anastasia.Sy)
    This is so painful! i sent it off 7 weeks ago and I still have NOTHING!
    Not even an unsuccessful!!!Can anyone tell me on any updates with these universities for English?

Durham
    Warwick
    Exeter
    Oxford
    York

Because if other people have offers from these places for English then I will accept that I have been rejected. I just hate not knowing!
    That's a good thing!
    Different unis and departments work at different speeds. English is notoriously competitive, particularly at the places you've applied to, so it's going to take ages for the unis to go through all of the applicants. Be patient, and good luck

ReputationRep:
    I applied for law way back in September and am being driven crazy waiting to hear from LSE, Kings and UCL

ReputationRep:
    I think I blew up my interviews for Sheffield and Southampton. I just want to bang my head on the wall.

ReputationRep:
    All I've got so far are bloody interviews

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Nottingham, Kent, Birmingham and Essex. Damn!

ReputationRep:
    I woke up this morning from a dream where I received a conditional from Lancaster (AAA though, I was horrified as it's my last choice!), Essex (ABB) and Sheffield rejected me, with a little comment saying 'We believe you are overqualified for this course and so we would prefer you to accept a position elsewhere'. I then e-mailed and said "Excusez-moi, I am in no way overqualified for this, I think you've made an error" and they retracted their unsuccessful and replaced it with an ABB conditional.

Checked Track just now and not a sausage!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeonflux)
    All I've got so far are bloody interviews
    4 out of my 5 say they interview, and I haven't even got that yet. Just three acknowledgements, which isn't bad as mine didn't get sent off properly until Thursday (I sent it before, but my reference didn't get attached).

ReputationRep:
    This is the first day since I've sent my application off that I haven't checked Track. I think I've learned finally that I won't get a reply on a Sunday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliondollarcorpse)
    Exeter isn't :mfing: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quail)
    I woke up this morning from a dream where I received a conditional from Lancaster (AAA though, I was horrified as it's my last choice!), Essex (ABB) and Sheffield rejected me, with a little comment saying 'We believe you are overqualified for this course and so we would prefer you to accept a position elsewhere'. I then e-mailed and said "Excusez-moi, I am in no way overqualified for this, I think you've made an error" and they retracted their unsuccessful and replaced it with an ABB conditional.

Eeee, for real? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quail)

LOL, what a dream! I haven't had any like that to keep me going, but the wait really is terrible
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Im assuming Warwick politics department are going to wait till after the deadline to give thiers. D=

ReputationRep:
    At least I finally got my welcome letter today! I already thought it had gone lost in the mail or something. But it's so frustrating that it doesn't even make sense to check track for me since I only got on acknowledgement so far (from York and I expect them to keep me waiting anyways... ^^)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipswichblade)
    That was like me this time last year. I told myself I'd get no offers (I'd already got my A-levels) so was delighted with the one. :yep:
    Good luck!
    thanks ipswichblade.I let u know how it goes eitherway.One offer is all i need more than that would be a bonus really.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Why do you build me up (Build me up)
    Buttercup baby just to
    let me down (Let me down)
    And mess me around
    And then worst of all (Worst of all)
    You never call baby
    When you say you will (Say you will)

iTune shuffle brought up this song literally as I got an email notification - and kinda got me thinking, bit like this with UCAS and emails atm

ReputationRep:
    Waiting.is.driving.me.up.the.wal l.

Thing is, I have interviews at all 5, but no offers
    maybe I have to be patient

ReputationRep:
    Do you get an email acknowledgment from every uni?

Has anyone ever got an offer without receiving an acknowledgment email? I'm guessing they send them out when they get to yours in the pile, or whatever?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supremebeing)

Has anyone ever got an offer without receiving an acknowledgment email? I'm guessing they send them out when they get to yours in the pile, or whatever?
    Not all universities send them out. Out of mine, Leeds don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supremebeing)

I got offers from Queens and Cardiff without acknowledgements. My Manchester acknowledgement came about a month after I applied ( :rolleyes: ) and I got my offer a while after that. I wouldn't stress about it, really.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.