Offer: A*AAB (A* already got in Maths)

Anyone else got an offer from Jesus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by livius sprocket)
    Mine has updated....
    Mine has now too

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Well done for getting offers. Best of luck with meeting them.

If there are any geographers, with offers from Girton (or other colleges) feel free to get in touch with any questions by PM.

ReputationRep:
    is it neccessary that we send a letter accepting the offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dinat)
    is it neccessary that we send a letter accepting the offer
    Probably not necessary as once an offer is on track they can't revoke it but if one is requested it is only courtesy to send one. An email would do if you don't want to write a formal letter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Luo)
    hmm, then i may know why then want you. Bcoz my physics ums is so horrible.
    But i think the reason i still get in may be that i did well in the interview but still did badly in the test.
    That maybe the reason Jesus wants me A*A*AA unusually:eek:
    did they specify which subject?

ReputationRep:
    My cambridge offer for Classics is 1.3 overall with 14 in English and Maths (which are my LKs) I find it strange that they don´t ask for specific grades in Latin, and 1.3 is not that high. However, 14 points in the exams will be tough as my teachers rarely award 14 points-.-

ReputationRep:
    Might be the wrong place to ask. But do people know how 'receptive' the mathematics department is towards accepting people for part 3 of the tripos OUTSIDE of mathematics? Say a background in mathematics and philosophy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Got the tshirt)
    Probably not necessary as once an offer is on track they can't revoke it but if one is requested it is only courtesy to send one. An email would do if you don't want to write a formal letter.
    thanks alot

ReputationRep:
    yeahh track updated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bs_482)
    I came across one with an offer for Geography and another person doing classics (I think you're doing classics?) but apart from that no one!
    Oh wow, I managed to miss people... Another Classicist would be exciting! What subjects are you taking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Horanzu)
    Offer at Downing College to do Bio Natural Sciences; 40 points on the IB with 7,7,6 in Higher Level subjects!!!

Anyone else here doing the IB and get similar offers?

Strange thing is, I'm doing four Highers: Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English, and they don't specify either in the letter or on UCAS which Highers I need to get 7,7,6 in, so I could still get in with a 5 in Chemistry, as long as I get 7,7,6 in Bio, Chem and English and 40 points overall? WIN
    Hi, I got the same offer as you at Downing, but for Law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boblucas)
    did they specify which subject?
    said any of the order.
    so no.
    but still hard to believe they require me so much

ReputationRep:
    just realized i haven't wrote to them about my decision!!!!!!!!!
    OMG, what would happen??????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Luo)
    just realized i haven't wrote to them about my decision!!!!!!!!!
    OMG, what would happen??????
    Nothing at all? Just send them a quick e-mail, no need to be so dramatic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyam)
    I am so reckless! I've already sent them an email as well as a letter it's a saturday
    The offer was made on 10th but i got the letter on 15th. Is now very late to tell them? they said: i will be very grateful if you would write to me soon with your decision; you must in any case respond to UCAS by the date specified in their formal notification.
    but my ucas hasn't been changed yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyam)
    Did anyone ever set up any sort of skype thing?
    Or is it for after exams?

ReputationRep:
    College: Downing
    Course: English
    Conditions: A*AA, must include English Literature and two of History, Religious Studies or Art and Design

I got a call a few days ago to say I'd been offered a place, but it feels much more real now UCAS has updated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyam)
    This.

The decision is ulitmately made on UCAS, it is just good form to write to/email them. But it's not a big issue, check a few pages back and you will see the reply that I got .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cast.Iron)
    This.

The decision is ulitmately made on UCAS, it is just good form to write to/email them. But it's not a big issue, check a few pages back and you will see the reply that I got .
    but my ucas hasnt been updated yet..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.