POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
Ewan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The Dynamic Uno)
You live in a country such as England, I would of thought you'd have more understanding and appreciation of the rule of law. You can't just go around assassinating people :facepalm2:
HarryA
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by shenzys)
I hate the way some of the posts are looking down upon some of the views of other users - just because every news paper is seen as reporting the death of bin Laden doesn't make it true and I like the fact that people in our age group don't just sit back and accept the BS thats being fed to us. Something as big as this being confirmed and there is no proof? At least let us see the lab report of the DNA being confirmed on this date since the body is already conveniently dumped in the sea. It makes sense not to accept it imo, and until I see proof I will continue to believe what I see makes sense.
Why are you such a sceptic?! Why would the US lie? Why would they lie about such a major thing? Don't you think they are telling the truth?

God, you are so arrogant.
R.B.G
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Manitude)
It's a custom/tradition I've heard about before. They buried him at sea so that his body couldn't be found and turned into some sort of martyrdom shrine.
I agree it does sound suspicious but the only reason I can think of for burying him so quickly is what I mentioned just before (I should point out that it's not something I've just recently read on a news website!)
Where the hell is Osama's Janazah then? They didn't feel that part of the tradition was neccessary. Also burial on land is always prefferable, unless they are at sea and cannot find any land to bury him at. Check this link
Diffusion
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

All I can say is #fail
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by shenzys)
I hate the way some of the posts are looking down upon some of the views of other users - just because every news paper is seen as reporting the death of bin Laden doesn't make it true and I like the fact that people in our age group don't just sit back and accept the BS thats being fed to us. Something as big as this being confirmed and there is no proof? At least let us see the lab report of the DNA being confirmed on this date since the body is already conveniently dumped in the sea.
:facepalm:

They have said they are going to release pictures, and a guy on twitter proved the attack happened.. so does pictures from a photographer.
Several officials have confirmed it, as well as journalists (who research it themselves) . What else is there to need to know?

Bunch of 16 year olds on a forum are really smarter than people in the News and in higher places who have confirmed it, are debating it, and believe it? Good logic.

(Original post by Dekota-XS)
What tradition says that a terrorist should be given burial within 24 hours of his death?
Well this is quite obvious here.
The one that states he must be buried with in a day :facepalm:
He was also dressed and all that according to tradition too.
The Dynamic Uno
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ewan)
You live in a country such as England, I would of thought you'd have more understanding and appreciation of the rule of law. You can't just go around assassinating people :facepalm2:
The law is in place to protect people first and foremost. Bin Laden is a mass murderer and capturing him would only put more innocent people's lives in inevitable danger. Sometimes common sense has to come into play. The most logical thing to do was to kill him.
Manitude
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by R.B.G)
Where the hell is Osama's Janazah then? They didn't feel that part of the tradition was neccessary.
Idk. I hardly know anything about islamic traditions. I don't even know what a Janazah is.
el scampio
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Diffusion)

All I can say is #fail

IF ONLY!!!!!
??????????????????
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They burried him at sea? Psh... He'll just get ressurected by Al Qaeda, just like the Decepticons ressurected Megatron.
R.B.G
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Manitude)
Idk. I hardly know anything about islamic traditions. I don't even know what a Janazah is.
It's the funeral prayer. And buring the dead at sea is not recommended. Burial at land is always preffered unless you are at sea and the body will decompose before you reach land. Source

Considering they were already on land they were not complying with Islamic tradition.
Hipster
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Exceptional claims require exceptional evidence.

Where is the hard evidence? I can't find any on the BBC News website.
Stratos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ewan)
Apparently terrorists have no human rights, even though they say human rights to be intrinsic.
Kaykiie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tommyjw)

They have said they are going to release pictures, and a guy on twitter proved the attack happened.. so does pictures from a photographer.
Several officials have confirmed it, as well as journalists (who research it themselves) . What else is there to need to know?

Bunch of 16 year olds on a forum are really smarter than people in the News and in higher places who have confirmed it, are debating it, and believe it? Good logic.

Well this is quite obvious here.
The one that states he must be buried with in a day :facepalm:
He was also dressed and all that according to tradition too.
Links?

I'm not saying either way but when I first saw it on the news this morning I was a bit dubious. I'm no conspiracy theorist but I haven't seen these things you have and can't find them and so I am yet to make a decision on whether or not I believe it
Occlusal
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kaykiie)

Why pretend like you made this up...
I did make it up
Inzamam99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Security analyst Ikram Sehgal tells the BBC: "This was an operation that was certainly known to the Pakistani authorities. There is no way that Pakistan's radars wouldn't have picked up the US helicopter." Earlier, Pakistani PM Yusuf Raza Gilani said he "didn't know the details" of the US operation.
Lizzzle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I very much doubt he was buried with religious conventions in mind.

After Saudi Arabia rejected his body - where else could he have gone?
And what would they have done with the body while they wait for a suitable place on land?
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by R.B.G)
It's the funeral prayer. And buring the dead at sea is not recommended. Burial at land is always preffered unless you are at sea and the body will decompose before you reach land.
Actually, your wrong.
They are perfectly within their rights to bury him at sea if there is a fear the ground burial site would be a bad idea, for fear of hysteria, attacks, (plus the situation with which country he will be buried in) and such.

So don't go around flying facts when you don't know them :rolleyes:
(Original post by Hipster)
Exceptional claims require exceptional evidence.

Where is the hard evidence? I can't find any on the BBC News website.
Photo (or other) proof will be provided soon apparently.
Guy on twitter & photos proved the 'attack' was real. That's good enough for me for now.

I highly doubt the President would make such a risky statement, live on air on a sunday night a year and a half away from elections, without a reasonable way of proving it to us.
ConorMC
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You can kill a man, but you cannot kill a thought. Just think about it. How is his death going to change anything?
Dekota-XS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
BBC should never make such claims unless they have conclusive evidence. The video now posted on BBC of the alleged hideout could be a location anywhere within Pakistan. Conclusive evidence is needed here and we're not going to get it because it doesn't exist.
Stratos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lizzzle)
I very much doubt he was buried with religious conventions in mind.

After Saudi Arabia rejected his body - where else could he have gone?
And what would they have done with the body while they wait for a suitable place on land?
epic lotus flower dance, anyway why did Saudi Arabia reject it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (380)
37.33%
No - but I will (78)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (71)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (489)
48.04%

Watched Threads