Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    I've looked now. Are there any questions that people are unsure about and would like a second opinion on?
    Question 10iii) I used RHS of the identity to show that it equals to LHS, will i drop all the marks?

Also that question to integrate by substitution, I integrated it correctly, but I left it in terms of u, how many will I drop?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshL123)
    How many marks do you reckon I would lose for reading it an directly proprtional isntead of inverself proportional? All 7 and then the 2 on the next one :/?
    Possibly 5 out of 7. Maybe follow through ones too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gregzz)
    Question 10iii) I used RHS of the identity to show that it equals to LHS, will i drop all the marks?
    I really doubt that you'll drop any of the marks because you still proved the identity.

ReputationRep:
    Think I've got about 42/72

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namige)
    Sorry, are you talking to me?
    what other user has such a sillly username?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get 7 root 78 for volume of pyramid one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryankerr21)
    Possibly 5 out of 7. Maybe follow through ones too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd say he'd get a few more. Drop 3 perhaps, since I think s/he'd get about 4 for separating the variables, attempting and correctly integrating their (albeit incorrect) differential equation, and then for also getting values of k and c that are correct according to his DE.

Of course it all depends if the A marks have an 'ft' (follow through) next to them in the mark scheme, if they do s/he should get a fair few. But wont get any early 'M' marks since your method of finding the DE was wrong.

For the volume he'll definitely get 1 assuming correct method, and I'd presume the second as long as its accurate according to their DE.

As the mark schemes say , they are there to help mark 'incorrect solutions' and I'd assume the second part would carry ft marks.

Hope that's a bit more encouraging!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    what other user has such a sillly username?
    Dunno, never heard of 'Nimige' so I can't really comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    I've looked now. Are there any questions that people are unsure about and would like a second opinion on?
    For Q4, it i only got two coodinates, (pi/2,1) (pi/6,1.5) but missed the other one, how many marks do i lose?

For Q7i) Would i lose a mark for putting the acute angle of 8.68 degrees?

For Q9, i simplified my dy/dx wrong and ended up with part 9ii) as t = 1 with (-2,-1) but wasnt sure about determining the nature, how many follow through marks will i get?

For 10iii) i didnt show the given expression but i expressed the first 4 terms instead of 3 correctly, how many marks lost?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about 51/52 for an A, does anyone think it would be much higher than that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alastair999100)
    For 5 ii):

I got completely the wrong integral, but still put limits in and presented my answer in the form AlnB

How many marks would I lose? (/5)
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .....p.....)
    Yes!!!!!!!!! I did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajiv.dua07)
    Yes!!!!!!!!! I did
    I did too! Are we right?!

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries for a D anyone????? :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .....p.....)
    No I think you would have lost 13 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alastair999100)
    No I think you would have lost 13 marks
    At least I didn't screw up the integral question. That's got to be an automatic rejection from university?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that was a straightforward paper at all.. but June 2012 was no doubt harder. I actually requested my marked paper scanned back, and guess what guys..? It was marked out of 72... meaning an A* mark would have been 65... So I am really not feeling optimistic about this at all. I'm from Winchester College, and majority of the subjects have already changed to Pre-U instead of A-levels. And because of the introduction of the supposedly ''MUCH'' harder pre-u exam, a levels have felt the need to tighten up, hence the unexpected jump in BOTH difficulty and grade boundaries for last year's C4. I expect them to keep it similar, so that would mean like a 64 for A* and a 57/58 for an A.......

I'm just being realistic here guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mykho1)
    I don't think that was a straightforward paper at all.. but June 2012 was no doubt harder. I actually requested my marked paper scanned back, and guess what guys..? It was marked out of 72... meaning an A* mark would have been 65... So I am really not feeling optimistic about this at all. I'm from Winchester College, and majority of the subjects have already changed to Pre-U instead of A-levels. And because of the introduction of the supposedly ''MUCH'' harder pre-u exam, a levels have felt the need to tighten up, hence the unexpected jump in BOTH difficulty and grade boundaries for last year's C4. I expect them to keep it similar, so that would mean like a 64 for A* and a 57/58 for an A.......

What would grade boundaries be for a D?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mykho1)

Why would the paper not be marked out of 72 :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    are you mr m's disowned son because you didnt get 100 ums in maths?
    pahahahahaha burst out laughing to this :')

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.