Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Not actually true, I know for a fact that the first batch of PSs has already been sent out for review here.
    Really? Interesting? But surely still no advantage to sending it off early (apart from the reduced stress)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manupalace)
    Really? Interesting? But surely still no advantage to sending it off early (apart from the reduced stress)?
    Takes ages to get through 2k applications, might as well start with what they've got. No real advantage to being in that group though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Enlightment)
    Haha, yes. Not to mention I feel like I have a million things to do.
    I applied to Edinburgh, Oxford, Aberdeen and ICL.
    And you?
    Aw things like what? I just have to revise for the BMAT!
    Awesome, guessing you're scottish then? And where's ICL?
    I applied to Cambridge, UCL Birmingham and Bristol!
    Oh feel free to pm me if you want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamil4)
    i did both

i got one from hyms the next day. nothing from the other medical schools yet :/
    Hmm I haven't heard anything not even from ucas :/

ReputationRep:
    Does any know how closely the scottish unis look at standard grades, I mean does having a 2 matter that much as it's still a credit?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they started at least last week here as well.
    No particular advantage to those sent off earlier; they may as well start reading them if they've got them.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by TattyBoJangles)
    Yeah, they started at least last week here as well.
    No particular advantage to those sent off earlier; they may as well start reading them if they've got them.
    Makes sense. Probably also means applicants wait less time to hear (good or bad) news, which can only be a good thing.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by The Enlightment)
    Haha, yes. Not to mention I feel like I have a million things to do.
    I applied to Edinburgh, Oxford, Aberdeen and ICL.
    And you?
    You mean ICSM not ICL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani97)
    Hi guys! Good luck on your applications! I'm a prospective applicant for 2015, and I wondered if you could tell me some things.. So, what advice would you give to me about AS levels? When should I start revising for them? What would you have done differently if you could do them again? I want to make sure I get the best results possible to stand a good chance for med school! All the best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you're applying to universities which are part of the UKCAT Consortium:

"Personally, I would have prepared for the UKCAT earlier! It's a shame I started getting down to it quite late, in May. That was three months before my test day (August 26). And as the days went by, I quickly got overwhelmed with revisions for other exams which were in June (I also sat and passed my theory test in July). Then, I had to write the first drafts of my personal statement before September as I didn't want to leave it until the last minute... In total, I'd say I only had 35 hours of preparation for the UKCAT (some would think it's enough, though. But I think I could have spent more time on it and enhanced my score). So, the best piece of advice I can give you is to allow yourself enough time to prepare for this admission test! Know your strengths and weaknesses, and work on them. Practise, practise, practise. That's the key to success.

But seriously, it was a big relief after the test. I don't want to go through this anymore. It was too intense. I hope this will be my first and last year applying to medical school in the UK."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hummi_C)
    Aw things like what? I just have to revise for the BMAT!
    Awesome, guessing you're scottish then? And where's ICL?
    I applied to Cambridge, UCL Birmingham and Bristol!
    Oh feel free to pm me if you want
    ICL = Imperical College London?

A pile of homework awaits me everyday when I get back home as I'm studying lots of subjects. I'm also preparing for the BMAT test!
    Why does everyone think I'm Scottish? I'm not (but thanks, I can take that as a compliment). :rolleyes: I guess it has to do with my university choices.
    Okay, I'll PM you from now on.

ReputationRep:
    You mean ICSM not ICL
    Haha, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Makes sense. Probably also means applicants wait less time to hear (good or bad) news, which can only be a good thing.
    If it's anything like last year was for me, they'll be kept waiting until March / April for a decision anyway :unimpressed:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by TattyBoJangles)
    If it's anything like last year was for me, they'll be kept waiting until March / April for a decision anyway :unimpressed:
    I was trying to be optimistic (the angst has already started for many)

ReputationRep:
    I was trying to be optimistic (the angst has already started for many)
    Oh yeah

ReputationRep:
    so how and when would we know if we are getting an interview? :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreyaCat)
    Does any know how closely the scottish unis look at standard grades, I mean does having a 2 matter that much as it's still a credit?
    Have you had the email acknowledgement at least? If not then I would call them pronto x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salmaed)
    so how and when would we know if we are getting an interview? :O
    Generally they send invites out between November and February, with interviews being between December and March.
    Some universities notify you of their decision a few weeks after your interview, others wait until all interviews are over and send out all of their notifications of decision around the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pittawithcheese)
    Have you had the email acknowledgement at least? If not then I would call them pronto x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No!!! Getting on the phone now :/.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreyaCat)
    Hi, how quickly did anyone get conformation from the universities to say they had received their application?
    All 4 within 48 hours! It definitely varies as for Leicester mine came in 10 mins but for Leeds it was almost exactly 2 days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    All 4 within 48 hours! It definitely varies as for Leicester mine came in 10 mins but for Leeds it was almost exactly 2 days
    Sent mine 5 days ago and still not heard anything...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2014
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.