The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Im still waiting to hear.. i feel like my stats are below the average! my ukcat was 700 but got 10 A*s and 2As at gcse, 4As at AS level and predicted A*A*A.. what do u think?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by maryamnc
Guys if you have like 800+ UKCAT, good gcse's etc and haven't got an interview kings tend to give high ukcat people interviews like jan next year and deal with lower UKCAT ones first so don't fret!

Are you sure about this? I thought it was the high UKCAT's first :eek:
Reply 862
Original post by GCSE-help
Are you sure about this? I thought it was the high UKCAT's first :eek:

nah I'm not sure, (I got 750 which isn't ridiculously high but not low and I have an interview) but some people said this on the thread last year. They interview till march - april so its probably just a bit random
Reply 863
Original post by jaffacake96
Im still waiting to hear.. i feel like my stats are below the average! my ukcat was 700 but got 10 A*s and 2As at gcse, 4As at AS level and predicted A*A*A.. what do u think?

well your gcse and a level's are excellent, it's just your UKCAT might be a problem...last year they said a competitive applicant had at least 695 and seems like this year people performed better on average than last year :s
well your gcse and a level's are excellent, it's just your UKCAT might be a problem...last year they said a competitive applicant had at least 695 and seems like this year people performed better on average than last year :s

so my grades arent enough to get me an interview? or is it based on ukcat?
Reply 865
so my grades arent enough to get me an interview? or is it based on ukcat?

I'm not at all saying you wont get an interview, you're stats are still good! :smile: But what Kings seems to do is base their interviews on ukcat and grades, they do look at ps but put less of an emphasis on it than academics and ukcat. Keep hoping!

Where else have you replied? Heard back from anywhere else? :biggrin:
I'm not at all saying you wont get an interview, you're stats are still good! :smile: But what Kings seems to do is base their interviews on ukcat and grades, they do look at ps but put less of an emphasis on it than academics and ukcat. Keep hoping!

Where else have you replied? Heard back from anywhere else? :biggrin:

thank you!! ucl imperial and cambridge what bout u?
Reply 867
thank you!! ucl imperial and cambridge what bout u?

Oooh very high ranking places! How was your BMAT? Leeds, newc and bristol :smile:
Oooh very high ranking places! How was your BMAT? Leeds, newc and bristol :smile:

good luck! found bmat really hard but who knows!! got any replies from anywhere?
Original post by great life
Mine's at 2pm. Good luck to you. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks, good luck to you too!

Original post by Tee Logan x
Congrats! i've got similar stats to you but still waiting :tongue: what extra curricular activities do you take, if you don't mind me asking?

Youll get one I'm sure :smile: I do a few, the main ones I mentioned were horse riding/ helping to teach kids to ride, teaching myself first aid, d of e gold, including expedition, music and sport, and (if it counts) various activities such as visiting the hunterian museum which show my interests in medicine :smile: there are a few others I didn't mention in my PS though :tongue:
10A*'s at GCSE and A in FSMQ Additional Maths
AAAB at as (chem was a B) and predicted A*AA (A* in Maths)

Got 750 on UKCAT

Also, does anyone know how long interviews last? I need to book my train haha

All you need to know is on the portal. If you go to the interview part of the side menu, then scroll to the bottom, it has a PDF called information for interviews or something. It even tells you what to wear :smile:
Reply 871
good luck! found bmat really hard but who knows!! got any replies from anywhere?

Don't you find out about it this week sometime? Good luck with it :smile: nah I haven't :frown: leeds gave me an inital ranking of 1/10 for academics and 2/10 for aptitude and they said if you're in the top 4/10 you should be in consideration for interview so fingers crossed :crossedf: and I think I'm above the newcastle threshold so hopefully them too!! Eeee so scared
Original post by Flobie
thanks, good luck to you too!

Youll get one I'm sure :smile: I do a few, the main ones I mentioned were horse riding/ helping to teach kids to ride, teaching myself first aid, d of e gold, including expedition, music and sport, and (if it counts) various activities such as visiting the hunterian museum which show my interests in medicine :smile: there are a few others I didn't mention in my PS though :tongue:

Aw thank you for the reassurance but honestly you're extra curricular activities are very impressive! Best of luck for your interview :biggrin:
Original post by Tee Logan x
Aw thank you for the reassurance but honestly you're extra curricular activities are very impressive! Best of luck for your interview :biggrin:

Thank you, hope you get an interview very soon :biggrin:
Reply 874
Does anybody know what proportion of applicants get interviews?
And how likely you are to get a place if you get an interview?
Reply 875
Original post by emmmalou
Does anybody know what proportion of applicants get interviews?
And how likely you are to get a place if you get an interview?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/medical_school_competition_ratios

All the details are in that link for every uni.
Reply 876
Got my interview tomorrow at 11am, kinda worried because I had a mock interview the other day. The guy said I was quite good but that my answer for why medicine makes it seems quite weak and the fact that I have never shadowed a doctor puts it at a disadvantage.

I know how to answer any questions about King's being a 3rd year biomed at King's and ethical questions don't scare me much, it's just trying to justify why I still want to do medicine despite not shadowing a doctor that scares me so much.

I just hope I can stay confident throughout the interview.
Original post by AnJuM218
Got my interview tomorrow at 11am, kinda worried because I had a mock interview the other day. The guy said I was quite good but that my answer for why medicine makes it seems quite weak and the fact that I have never shadowed a doctor puts it at a disadvantage.

I know how to answer any questions about King's being a 3rd year biomed at King's and ethical questions don't scare me much, it's just trying to justify why I still want to do medicine despite not shadowing a doctor that scares me so much.

I just hope I can stay confident throughout the interview.

Good luck! Just stay calm and hopefully it'll go smoothly :smile:
Original post by solarplexus
hurry up kings, i sent my application on the 12th september 10A*s gcse AAAAA stunning ps but lower ukcat (725)

I'm sure with those stats you'll hear in good time. Is that a typo? In the Barts thread I thought I remembered you getting over 800 in your UKCAT? But either way with 10 A*s I'm sure anything over 710-ish is safe. How's prep for your Bart's interview going? :smile:
Reply 879
Hi everyone :smile:, out of interest, has anyone heard back this week, or do we think they have given out all the pre Christmas invites?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest