Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    People with really high UKCAT scores who haven't got interviews yet, please speak up
    Mines 827.5 and I haven't got one
    If you're going to get one... You'll get one. - even if it's in April

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dadiamondz)
    Mines 827.5 and I haven't got one
    If you're going to get one... You'll get one. - even if it's in April

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Phew, this sounds horrible but atleast there are others out there like me

Yeah I suppose you're right, but it's a bit concerning don't you think? It makes me wonder if there's something wrong with my application. I know it's difficult to judge your own personal statement, but would you say it's fairly ok?

Because personal statement is the only reason I can think of for why we haven't got interviews.

ReputationRep:
    Phew, this sounds horrible but atleast there are others out there like me

Yeah I suppose you're right, but it's a bit concerning don't you think? It makes me wonder if there's something wrong with my application. I know it's difficult to judge your own personal statement, but would you say it's fairly ok?

Because personal statement is the only reason I can think of for why we haven't got interviews.
    Kings are pretty big on the extra curricular thing as well
    - also your PS may be good but just 'OK' compared to the rest of the applicants. There are like 1000 interviews and only like a ten of that have been called...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dadiamondz)
    Kings are pretty big on the extra curricular thing as well
    - also your PS may be good but just 'OK' compared to the rest of the applicants. There are like 1000 interviews and only like a ten of that have been called...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm I see what you're saying but from what I knew, you didn't need an exceptional PS for Kings, just as long as it doesn't raise any red flags such as 'I want to do medicine because it pays well'. I thought the extra-curricular stuff was analysed after interview, with pre-interview selection being based on GCSEs and UKCAT.

Oh well let's just hope we hear something

ReputationRep:
    Guys if you have like 800+ UKCAT, good gcse's etc and haven't got an interview kings tend to give high ukcat people interviews like jan next year and deal with lower UKCAT ones first so don't fret!

ReputationRep:
    Im still waiting to hear.. i feel like my stats are below the average! my ukcat was 700 but got 10 A*s and 2As at gcse, 4As at AS level and predicted A*A*A.. what do u think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryamnc)
    Guys if you have like 800+ UKCAT, good gcse's etc and haven't got an interview kings tend to give high ukcat people interviews like jan next year and deal with lower UKCAT ones first so don't fret!
    Are you sure about this? I thought it was the high UKCAT's first :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure about this? I thought it was the high UKCAT's first :eek:
    nah I'm not sure, (I got 750 which isn't ridiculously high but not low and I have an interview) but some people said this on the thread last year. They interview till march - april so its probably just a bit random

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaffacake96)
    Im still waiting to hear.. i feel like my stats are below the average! my ukcat was 700 but got 10 A*s and 2As at gcse, 4As at AS level and predicted A*A*A.. what do u think?
    well your gcse and a level's are excellent, it's just your UKCAT might be a problem...last year they said a competitive applicant had at least 695 and seems like this year people performed better on average than last year :s

ReputationRep:
    well your gcse and a level's are excellent, it's just your UKCAT might be a problem...last year they said a competitive applicant had at least 695 and seems like this year people performed better on average than last year :s
    so my grades arent enough to get me an interview? or is it based on ukcat?

ReputationRep:
    so my grades arent enough to get me an interview? or is it based on ukcat?
    I'm not at all saying you wont get an interview, you're stats are still good! But what Kings seems to do is base their interviews on ukcat and grades, they do look at ps but put less of an emphasis on it than academics and ukcat. Keep hoping!

Where else have you replied? Heard back from anywhere else?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not at all saying you wont get an interview, you're stats are still good! But what Kings seems to do is base their interviews on ukcat and grades, they do look at ps but put less of an emphasis on it than academics and ukcat. Keep hoping!

Where else have you replied? Heard back from anywhere else?
    thank you!! ucl imperial and cambridge what bout u?

ReputationRep:
    thank you!! ucl imperial and cambridge what bout u?
    Oooh very high ranking places! How was your BMAT? Leeds, newc and bristol

ReputationRep:
    Oooh very high ranking places! How was your BMAT? Leeds, newc and bristol
    good luck! found bmat really hard but who knows!! got any replies from anywhere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by great life)
    Mine's at 2pm. Good luck to you. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks, good luck to you too!

(Original post by Tee Logan x)
    Congrats! i've got similar stats to you but still waiting what extra curricular activities do you take, if you don't mind me asking?
    Youll get one I'm sure I do a few, the main ones I mentioned were horse riding/ helping to teach kids to ride, teaching myself first aid, d of e gold, including expedition, music and sport, and (if it counts) various activities such as visiting the hunterian museum which show my interests in medicine there are a few others I didn't mention in my PS though

ReputationRep:
    10A*'s at GCSE and A in FSMQ Additional Maths
    AAAB at as (chem was a B) and predicted A*AA (A* in Maths)

Got 750 on UKCAT

Also, does anyone know how long interviews last? I need to book my train haha
    All you need to know is on the portal. If you go to the interview part of the side menu, then scroll to the bottom, it has a PDF called information for interviews or something. It even tells you what to wear

ReputationRep:
    good luck! found bmat really hard but who knows!! got any replies from anywhere?
    Don't you find out about it this week sometime? Good luck with it nah I haven't leeds gave me an inital ranking of 1/10 for academics and 2/10 for aptitude and they said if you're in the top 4/10 you should be in consideration for interview so fingers crossed :crossedf: and I think I'm above the newcastle threshold so hopefully them too!! Eeee so scared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flobie)
    thanks, good luck to you too!

Youll get one I'm sure I do a few, the main ones I mentioned were horse riding/ helping to teach kids to ride, teaching myself first aid, d of e gold, including expedition, music and sport, and (if it counts) various activities such as visiting the hunterian museum which show my interests in medicine there are a few others I didn't mention in my PS though
    Aw thank you for the reassurance but honestly you're extra curricular activities are very impressive! Best of luck for your interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tee Logan x)
    Aw thank you for the reassurance but honestly you're extra curricular activities are very impressive! Best of luck for your interview
    Thank you, hope you get an interview very soon

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know what proportion of applicants get interviews?
    And how likely you are to get a place if you get an interview?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.