Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2015 Consulting graduate applications Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    Got an "We have therefore temporarily placed your application on hold " e-mail from Deloitte... Incredibly frustrating. The chronological processing of candidates is so annoying. Can't be helped though. They find difficulty processing applications as it is, imagine them trying to process all applications and THEN making a decision on who the strongest are so they can interview them first. That would be more optimal in terms of the quality of their intake but I guess logistically it's not.
    On the subject of slow chronological processing and big 4...anyone had any news from EY?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TC2016)
    What stage are you at with them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    First round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corona&lime)
    Anyone know how long Capgemini take to get back to you after the phone interview? I've been waiting a week now!

Also rejected from BDO this morning. Literally spent forever on their stupid application crafting 900 perfect words and didn't even get asked for tests.
    any news from capgemini on your side? How did the interview go?

ReputationRep:
    First round.
    Ah ok I passed the AC and I'm just waiting on a date for the final partner interview so hoping they don't don't put mine on hold too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know where I can find the annual report for all these consultancies? I've tried Companies House but I can't seem to find them. Any help would be greatly appreciated - it might just be I'm looking in the wrong section. Thanks guys x

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok I passed the AC and I'm just waiting on a date for the final partner interview so hoping they don't don't put mine on hold too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Out of curiosity, when did you send off your application?

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity, when did you send off your application?
    Initial application sent mid September, AC mid September, told I'd passed the AC and am invited to a partner interview on 19th December

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had my partner interview with Deloitte on the 9th still waiting on a response, this was for corporate finance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandas&Penguins)
    I had my partner interview with Deloitte on the 9th still waiting on a response, this was for corporate finance.
    What sort of questions are asked?

ReputationRep:
    It was pretty much what i expected after reading about other people's experiences of partner interviews so I'm not sure how much more help it will be but I would say it was a mixture between general getting to know you questions e.g. what motivates you, what are you interested in outside of work and commercial awareness questions e.g. being expected to have a discussion about current stories and trends. I found my toughest question was, how do you stay motivated when performing dull and repetitive tasks?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    I have been given an offer for the 2015 Audit school leaver programme at the reading office.

I am interested to find out who else has received offers, in which sector and in which office?

Amrit.

ReputationRep:
    Initial application sent mid September, AC mid September, told I'd passed the AC and am invited to a partner interview on 19th December

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice. I applied on the first of september lol . They really messed about the guys who applied to Monitor Deloitte. "Too far down the queue to get to you" ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Nice. I applied on the first of september lol . They really messed about the guys who applied to Monitor Deloitte. "Too far down the queue to get to you" ridiculous.
    Just got the same email. Not happy at all! Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1421250609.297975.jpg
Views: 1081
Size:  153.8 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got the same email. Not happy at all! Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1421250609.297975.jpg
Views: 1081
Size:  153.8 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was that for the Monitor Deloitte stream? I was initially on Monitor Deloitte but then had to re-do the Service Line Questionnaire and pick something else so I'm wondering whether I might receive the same email. I've been told to wait for first round interview dates. Was this for first or final round? Ps. Thanks for posting x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wisepirate)
    Was that for the Monitor Deloitte stream? I was initially on Monitor Deloitte but then had to re-do the Service Line Questionnaire and pick something else so I'm wondering whether I might receive the same email. I've been told to wait for first round interview dates. Was this for first or final round? Ps. Thanks for posting x
    It was for OT&T within consultancy and it was after I passed the AC

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was for OT&T within consultancy and it was after I passed the AC

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats terrible . I'm pissed knowing that the same **** is likely to happen to me a little further down the line but If they say "oh sorry the position your going for is now filled, please pick another one" after passing the AC that would be an even bigger piss take.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got invited to a partner interview earlier this week, so expect a call soon

ReputationRep:
    Oliver Wyman first round invite.... I'd given up to be honest. This is very much the last chance saloon. Had interviews with Bain, LEK and a boutique but didn't make it past first round for any of them. Gave up and didn't practice any case study stuff over the holidays but sent off OW as a punt and here I am. Rusty as hell and lacking motivation after the rejections. 10 days till D-day though. Need to pick myself up and get into shape.

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard back from Bain second round graduate interviews

ReputationRep:
    Oliver Wyman first round invite.... I'd given up to be honest. This is very much the last chance saloon. Had interviews with Bain, LEK and a boutique but didn't make it past first round for any of them. Gave up and didn't practice any case study stuff over the holidays but sent off OW as a punt and here I am. Rusty as hell and lacking motivation after the rejections. 10 days till D-day though. Need to pick myself up and get into shape.
    Best of luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.