Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defragmentation)
    Just gave grad recruitment a call. If we apply after 5 today, the test will be sent to us on Monday and we have till midnight on that day to complete it.
    Thanks for this info - when you say "after 5 today", does that mean we could apply on Sunday and we'd still get sent the test on Monday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    Thanks for this info - when you say "after 5 today", does that mean we could apply on Sunday and we'd still get sent the test on Monday?
    Yeah, I was told that would be the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defragmentation)
    Just gave grad recruitment a call. If we apply after 5 today, the test will be sent to us on Monday and we have till midnight on that day to complete it.
    Cheers pal, slightly annoyed that I sent it off this morning - Could have done with the weekend to let it settle.

ReputationRep:
    invite to norton rose AC. Has anyone been who has any tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    Cheers pal, slightly annoyed that I sent it off this morning - Could have done with the weekend to let it settle.
    No worries. I'm sure you've done a great job already anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roro123)
    Hi guys! Does anyone know how the interview process at Mayer Brown for a vac scheme is? Is it just an interview with grad recruitment team, or is there a verbal test etc.?
    Thanks a lot!
    It is just an interview with grad rec (maybe a lawyer there too) - apparently just 45 minutes and pretty chilled! (My friend did the vac scheme last summer)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyangelg)
    invite to norton rose AC. Has anyone been who has any tips?
    When did you apply boss

ReputationRep:
    2 days til the 5th...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Was So Funny!)
    When did you apply boss
    Mid December

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boing36)
    It is just an interview with grad rec (maybe a lawyer there too) - apparently just 45 minutes and pretty chilled! (My friend did the vac scheme last summer)
    Amazing!! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    2 days til the 5th...
    Oooh what's the significance of the 5th (apart from CC deadline)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    Oooh what's the significance of the 5th (apart from CC deadline)?
    Just that it's the Monday and the HR teams will be returning to work!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, has anyone got any tips for the inductive reasoning test? I know practice makes it better, but really struggling with this one! Any tips on what to look out for etc would be really appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    A firm that I really want to apply to hasn't been to any of the university fairs that I have been to (no list is provided on their website as to which ones they attend), they don't seem to offer presentation evenings/open days and their work experience offering is currently being "reviewed" (and I don't know when they will post details about it or not). Do you think it is acceptable to email to enquire whether they would offer an office visit so that I can find out more about the firm? All I know about the firm is what I have read on Lex100, Chambers etc but I feel that I need some more info before applying. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cp778)
    A firm that I really want to apply to hasn't been to any of the university fairs that I have been to (no list is provided on their website as to which ones they attend), they don't seem to offer presentation evenings/open days and their work experience offering is currently being "reviewed" (and I don't know when they will post details about it or not). Do you think it is acceptable to email to enquire whether they would offer an office visit so that I can find out more about the firm? All I know about the firm is what I have read on Lex100, Chambers etc but I feel that I need some more info before applying. Thank you
    Definitely worth a shot. In most cases they will say no and you pretty much have to submit your application with information you have found online. What kind of firm is it?

ReputationRep:
    Would using a case from 2011 be too outdated?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for another question kids! But, is it feasible to say that if one speaks another language this could potentially attract new business to the firm? or will recruiters think that's ridiculous?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d_aan)
    Definitely worth a shot. In most cases they will say no and you pretty much have to submit your application with information you have found online. What kind of firm is it?
    It's a medium-sized commercial firm in the City. The one reason I'm cautious about the info online is that they have expanded a lot over the last 4 years, including a recent merger in 2014 and a load of sources online state what the situation was before the merger (it was fairly recent). I'll email and ask thank you for your help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swimmer)
    Sorry for another question kids! But, is it feasible to say that if one speaks another language this could potentially attract new business to the firm? or will recruiters think that's ridiculous?
    I think that would be exaggerating it a bit far personally - what is your language and how would it attract business to the firm in question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unsworth)
    I think that would be exaggerating it a bit far personally - what is your language and how would it attract business to the firm in question?
    I though that too. On the website it does not mention what countries it does business with, so I cannot say how it would benefit them outright. I really do want to mention it though, but dont really know how to go about it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.