Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PerlaDeSabiduría)
    Oh yay a fellow kpop fan!! PS I'm half Korean so I had to hear about Gangnam Style for twice as long. Excited about BigBang's new MV coming out? ^-^
    Hahah, that must have been annoying :lol:
    Yesssss, so excited for it Bang Bang was also really good but their new MV is supposed to come out today right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SLMS)
    Compared to other colleges, how hard is it to get Univ for medicine? What college has the most meddies/ has the largest meddie intake?

What made you choose Univ? What other colleges were you considering and why? What are the pros/ cons of being in Univ?

Thank you!
    Your chances of getting into Univ for Medicine are the same as for getting into any college. The system is set up so that your choice of college won't affect your chances of getting a place. Univ has four medics per year roughly - I'm not sure how large/small that is!

Univ is incredibly friendly and has a very good social atmosphere - although I'm sure you could say the same for most colleges!
    From experience visiting other colleges, our Porters are particularly helpful and incredibly kind.

Univ is medium sized, not too large, not too small and owns a lot of the houses on the High Street so is in a good location. Right next to the Exam Schools as well which is good for lectures and exams!

The buildings are pretty, there are always a lot of events and our bar is quite nice. Library is very well-stocked and open 24 hours. We have a pet tortoise who is incredibly cute, and run a lot of access events so there are always opportunities to give tours and talks.

Food is very good and decently priced, and the accommodation is pretty decent - everyone gets a fridge and a sink in their room.

Just generally a nice college, nothing really extreme about it in any regard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antigone-)
    Yet another awkward misconception from me what am i doing
    Probably a better question - what were your reasons for applying there? It seems to be known as one of the least pretentious colleges which is good
    2nd Cheapest drinks + 3rd highest number of oxford blues despite being a smaller college + college kittens+free use of the oxford university sports complex+free punts+Catherine Swales as a clinical tutor= Guaranteed application
    It's also a nice bonus that it looks like this:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  141.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SLMS)
    Compared to other colleges, how hard is it to get Univ for medicine? What college has the most meddies/ has the largest meddie intake?

What made you choose Univ? What
    other colleges were you considering and why? What are the pros/ cons of being in Univ?
    Thank you!
    Just gonna contribute my 2 cents, the only difference your college choice makes is at interview stage-where some colleges will focus on your personal statement (e.g new) whilst others will focus on their own prepared questions/questions on a level chem, bio or physics (e.g hildas) or even on the nhs (e.g teddy hall)-depending on whether you're being interviewed by professors or practicing doctors.
    Also some colleges give weighting to the bmat post interview, such as St. John's, whereas others don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifescomplexity)
    Hopefully not!

Overall quite well I think although they really varied - one of my History papers was great and one was abysmal, for example. I can't really tell how it's going to go!! Our Philosophy syllabus is brand new as well so no idea how our papers will be marked... Well I'll find out in August I guess! Is results day the same in Scotland? Apart from Maths were your exams good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I'm generally pretty happy with my exams bar Maths. But, (similar to your Philosophy) it's the first year of New Highers so only time will tell...

August 4th for results, here. Is that the same as England?

Couple more History applicants seem to be appearing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Hahah, that must have been annoying :lol:
    Yesssss, so excited for it Bang Bang was also really good but their new MV is supposed to come out today right?
    Yup, at MIDNIGHT! It's a shame that you're not an Oxford applicant, could have started a YG appreciation society

ReputationRep:
    Any other Biological Sciences applicants around here? Looking at New College myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PerlaDeSabiduría)
    Yup, at MIDNIGHT! It's a shame that you're not an Oxford applicant, could have started a YG appreciation society
    Haha, yeah xD I might apply to Oxford, you never know YG appreciation society could be a thing xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Haha, yeah xD I might apply to Oxford, you never know YG appreciation society could be a thing xD
    Surely there must be some sort of kpop society already on existence? Haha we'll seeee

ReputationRep:
    GCSE grades: 11A*
    IB: Math, Physics, Economics, Chemistry HL // Italian, English Lit SL
    Course: Math (then MMathPhys) // Math & Comp Sci
    College: Magdalen / Merton / New / St John's

I should be working on my extended essay right now, but clearly this is more important

(Original post by BritishBean)
      Any other Biological Sciences applicants around here? Looking at New College myself.
      If I apply to Oxford instead of Cambridge, I will be applying for Biochemistry, but I guess they're somewhat related

How are your super curriculars so far?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by pixiedustfairy)
      GCSE grades: 11A*
      IB: Math, Physics, Economics, Chemistry HL // Italian, English Lit SL
      Course: Math (then MMathPhys) // Math & Comp Sci
      College: Magdalen / Merton / New / St John's

I should be working on my extended essay right now, but clearly this is more important
      :eek: those are some difficult HLs on their own, let alone 4 of them!! best of luck!

ReputationRep:
      Anyone lose hope after the c3 exam today

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Skye25)
      :eek: those are some difficult HLs on their own, let alone 4 of them!! best of luck!
      thanks--yeah they are chemistry and economics are a right nightmare D:

but EE is the worst bit; i have a supervisor who stresses me out so much so im just avoiding her until i need to do lab work (my EE is in chemistry: BIG MISTAKE!)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by pixiedustfairy)
      thanks--yeah they are chemistry and economics are a right nightmare D:

but EE is the worst bit; i have a supervisor who stresses me out so much so im just avoiding her until i need to do lab work (my EE is in chemistry: BIG MISTAKE!)
      I can imagine :eek:

I also avoided my supervisor, not because he stressed me out but because I never had anything done...
      Really, don't get stressed about the EE, there's still plenty of time, but the sooner you get it over with the better. You'll have plenty of stuff to do next year without the EE looming over!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by learner248)
      I have seen no one applying for Chinese/Oriental Studies, are there any orientalists out there?
      Me hopefully!
      • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
      :hi: everyone! :hi:

TLG here, Woosta muso alumna. Any questions about Worcester College (Woosta) or music at Oxford, do feel free to PM me

Hope you all get the AS/A2 grades you hope for and that they put you in a good position to apply

*goes away again* :ninja:

ReputationRep:
      Anyone here applying for Mathematics ?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by -Gifted-)
      Anyone here applying for Mathematics ?
      me!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Isla42)
      Me hopefully!
      Great! Are you going to make a direct application? What are you hoping to study?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.