Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benq)
    To answer your last question: No, I don't think you can. As a BSc Economic History, you won't have enough background in quantitative methods and economic theory so as to do a standard masters in economics. You could do some sort of a postgraduate foundation in order to qualify for economics masters, though. There are different universities with different policies, so there might be other options, but the most likely situation is as outlined.

I know. the lse economics msc states if I do not have a quantative background then i must take 2 years in this i will complete a gmat and have understanding of the maths and take economics as msc.

can you please read this ALL the way to the bottom and make sure that what I said above is correct? i will appreciate it a lot

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/...Economics.aspx red the sides and the bottom and the entire page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilysmith123)
    I know. the lse economics msc states if I do not have a quantative background then i must take 2 years in this i will complete a gmat and have understanding of the maths and take economics as msc.

can you please read this ALL the way to the bottom and make sure that what I said above is correct? i will appreciate it a lot

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/...Economics.aspx red the sides and the bottom and the entire page
    They say that if you don't have economic (not quantitative) background, then you need to take the two years route. Actually, they expect you to have some quantitative background, and more precisely "two semesters of university-level calculus or equivalent". I guess if you will be able to do this within your economic history degree, then you will be fine. I am not sure why you mentioned GMAT though - it isn't part of the program, it is an admission test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chots)
    1/12 get an offer
    1 in 12 applicants get into LSE Accounting & Finance but the number of offers are higher than 1:12 because some do not take up their offers or miss their offers. For LSE, the number of offers is probably around 2x the number of places.

ReputationRep:
    Hey there! I applied for Bsc Economics and Bsc. Mathematical Economics and Econometrics, but Bsc Econs is my first choice. So how do I go about telling them that, because I couldn't find anything on UCAS that asked me to order my choices or something! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tantheta)
    Hey there! I applied for Bsc Economics and Bsc. Mathematical Economics and Econometrics, but Bsc Econs is my first choice. So how do I go about telling them that, because I couldn't find anything on UCAS that asked me to order my choices or something! Thanks
    You can't but who cares anyways both degrees are excellent and LSE is quite flexible in terms of letting students swtich

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one on here with an 8 week email for economic history?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shka)
    got my offer
    38 with 766 for economics
    Would you mind me asking, did you get the 8 week email before the offer?

ReputationRep:
    Alrighty yo, thanks!

(Original post by Gcseboy1997)
    You can't but who cares anyways both degrees are excellent and LSE is quite flexible in terms of letting students swtich

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    IMO, LSE should start screening this thread and reject everyone who asks: Am i good enough *Instert grades*, or something like *i waited X day for the 2 or 8 weeks emai, should i be worried"?

Like I can understand that you are very excited and that it is an important decision. But literally what the ****. The time frame is a ROUGH amount so stop freaking out about every day. 90% of this threads content is about worthless **** that has been asked million of times. The other people here are as stupid as you are and NO YOU SHOULD NOT BE WORRIED IF YOU HAVENT HEARD BY WEEK 5 OF THE 8 WEEK EMAIL OR HAVENT RECEIVED THE 2 WEEK EMAIL AFTER 10 DAYS.

You are applying to LSE, one of the most pretigious and best institutions on earth and are literally acting like the most idiotic dip****s on earth. It´s a shame how useless those 2015 applicant threads always get.

NOONE in here can tell you if you can get in, there are so many factors to be taken into account, its just NOT POSSIBLE. And dont interpret ANYTHING in the time.
    Please just stop asking the same retarded questions again and again, there is no answer to them!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything for BSc Government and Economics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProjectNr2)
    IMO, LSE should start screening this thread and reject everyone who asks: Am i good enough *Instert grades*, or something like *i waited X day for the 2 or 8 weeks emai, should i be worried"?

Like I can understand that you are very excited and that it is an important decision. But literally what the ****. The time frame is a ROUGH amount so stop freaking out about every day. 90% of this threads content is about worthless **** that has been asked million of times. The other people here are as stupid as you are and NO YOU SHOULD NOT BE WORRIED IF YOU HAVENT HEARD BY WEEK 5 OF THE 8 WEEK EMAIL OR HAVENT RECEIVED THE 2 WEEK EMAIL AFTER 10 DAYS.

You are applying to LSE, one of the most pretigious and best institutions on earth and are literally acting like the most idiotic dip****s on earth. It´s a shame how useless those 2015 applicant threads always get.

NOONE in here can tell you if you can get in, there are so many factors to be taken into account, its just NOT POSSIBLE. And dont interpret ANYTHING in the time.
    Please just stop asking the same retarded questions again and again, there is no answer to them!
    Although you expressed your opinion a bit rudely, I couldn't agree more. I would add just one thing:
    if you don't know what 12/2/8-week emails are, just check a few pages earlier. Or GOOGLE IT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serafina44)
    Although you expressed your opinion a bit rudely, I couldn't agree more. I would add just one thing:
    if you don't know what 12/2/8-week emails are, just check a few pages earlier. Or GOOGLE IT.
    yes, i know. But it has been said friendly more than enough times, so now it was the time for some harsher tone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProjectNr2)

LOL, nailed it *tips hat*
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GandalfWhite)
    1 in 12 applicants get into LSE Accounting & Finance but the number of offers are higher than 1:12 because some do not take up their offers or miss their offers. For LSE, the number of offers is probably around 2x the number of places.
    Oh so really it is 1 in 6 get an offer then???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FeelingFear)
    Has anyone heard anything for BSc Government and Economics?
    I'm thinking about applying for that next year, what kind of grades do you have if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Where can I find information on undergraduate admissions statistics for LSE? I'm trying to figure out what percentage of applicants get offers for mathematics and economics but I can't find the information anywhere on their website.

ReputationRep:
    just got my LSE 8-weeks email. I'm applying for BSc Economics with A2's A*A*AB (Maths, Economics, Geography, Further Maths). They said they knew i didn't receive my email so I'm assuming something went wrong with their distribution system. This is what it reads. Anyone else get anything similar?

Dear Mr Edirisinghe

It has come to our attention that our update email from 31 October failed to reach you. We apologise for the delay in informing you on the status of your application. Below is our intended email from the aforementioned date.

I am writing to provide you with a further update on your application to the LSE.

I am happy to tell you that your application is now under consideration by the Admissions Selector for the BSc in Economics programme.

The Selector will be making further academic assessments on your qualifications and personal statement, and will be considering your application in competition with other candidates in your cohort.

This may take up to eight weeks. I will be in touch at the end of this process to let you know what happens next.

As always, if you have any questions you are welcome to contact me.

Kind regards,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak2015)
    Where can I find information on undergraduate admissions statistics for LSE? I'm trying to figure out what percentage of applicants get offers for mathematics and economics but I can't find the information anywhere on their website.
    I don't think the 2014 info has been released yet but the 2013 info is on there. 11% accepted their offers but you have to account for those that rejected LSE/missed their offer. That's as close as you'll get to an offer figure without asking admissions personally.

"Applications 2013: 549

First year students 2013: 61"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thevindu)
    just got my LSE 8-weeks email. I'm applying for BSc Economics with A2's A*A*AB (Maths, Economics, Geography, Further Maths). They said they knew i didn't receive my email so I'm assuming something went wrong with their distribution system. This is what it reads. Anyone else get anything similar?

Dear Mr Edirisinghe

It has come to our attention that our update email from 31 October failed to reach you. We apologise for the delay in informing you on the status of your application. Below is our intended email from the aforementioned date.

I am writing to provide you with a further update on your application to the LSE.

I am happy to tell you that your application is now under consideration by the Admissions Selector for the BSc in Economics programme.

The Selector will be making further academic assessments on your qualifications and personal statement, and will be considering your application in competition with other candidates in your cohort.

This may take up to eight weeks. I will be in touch at the end of this process to let you know what happens next.

As always, if you have any questions you are welcome to contact me.

Kind regards,
    Yep. It seems the 8 week emails are exactly the same for all subjects.

ReputationRep:
    Hey to everyone !
    Rough and stressful times I Wanted to know something ( no, not about whether I might get an offer or something like that ) :
    How good do yo think the student life is in LSE ? As it is pretty much a big and impersonal school, and doesn't happen to have a " real " campus, could it be that the atmosphere there is quiet nerdy ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.