Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by well in the dark)
    Today the IDF murdered over 70 people in Shejaia.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/0...0FP00N20140720
    So far over 200 civilians murdered just today and over 85 thousand refugees fleeing their homes having no where to go or shelter.
    The worst day of atrocities so far.

ReputationRep:
    The Israeli embassy in the UK appreciates the support of all the fascists it can garner. Apparently it can't count very well, nor take pictures at an angle clever enough to make its tripe believable. Unless you view this miserly crowd as consisting of 5000+:

https://twitter.com/IsraelinUK/statu...96026812035072

ReputationRep:
    IDF chief Benny Gantz: 'Overall I'm very pleased with what I've been seeing.'

http://www.haaretz.com/1.606129

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiring_dr)
    I am not an expert in the Israeli-Palestinian history/conflict but I am a human with enough knowledge to say we should do our best to stop the conflict. Who's right and who's wrong can be discussed when innocent people aren't dying from air strikes and bombs. Right now they need help, fast. Whoever is injured and whatever side of the border. We need to help because we humans need to show humanity.
    Preach!

ReputationRep:
    -Images of the dead children and civilians strewn on the ground at the shajaiyah massacre in which more than 200 civilians died. (viewer discretion advised, very distressing images)
    what can justify this?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chindits)
    Total bull.

Already covered. She didn't even make the statement.

It was a quote made by a journalist in 2002 which she somehow got tagged to on facebook.
    haha how pathetic.

If anyone thinks the genocidal statements made by Jewish Home MPs are fake, they are free to look them up. Almost every major newspaper has confirmed what she said and when she said it.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently, we can't post anymore images/videos of the Gaza casualties in this forum or we will eventually be banned. Not in spoilers or even as part of a news channel coverage.

ReputationRep:
    Israeli warnings to Gazans, according to video evidence, give them around 60 seconds to evacuate.

Clearly that is enough time to wake up your son, pick up your infant daughter and help your ailing mother down the stairs.

Death to Israel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    Apparently, we can't post anymore images/videos of the Gaza casualties in this forum or we will eventually be banned. Not in spoilers or even as part of a news channel coverage.
    How much do you reckon they're paying the moderators?

ReputationRep:
    Shujaiya is the most densely populated neighbourhood in Gaza. Israel is committing ethnic cleansing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    Did Aj12 say that? Did he give a reason?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    Israeli warnings to Gazans, according to video evidence, give them around 60 seconds to evacuate.

Clearly that is enough time to wake up your son, pick up your infant daughter and help your ailing mother down the stairs.

Death to Israel.
    Presumably 60 seconds from when the shots are fired, shaving 10-15 seconds from the total time limit, thus basically a poor man's excuse for shelling heavily populated areas and absolving themselves from responsibility of civilian casualties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    How much do you reckon they're paying the moderators?
    A price which allows them to sleep soundly at night, ignoring the plaintive cries of the Gazan civilians?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by well in the dark)
    Did Aj12 say that? Did he give a reason?
    I don't believe a justified reason was given...

ReputationRep:
    Ban Ki Moon ups the rhetoric:

"I condemn the atrocity; Israel must exercise self-restraint"

Too little, too late...

The US also wants an "immediate cessation of hostilities" between Israel and HAMAS going back to the Operation PoD terms. Bibi will simply ignore this...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gooner4ever)
    Read your bible m8 its pretty clear! Or read up on your history the Jews have had ownership and have been living in Israel since c. 1500 BCE!
    you mean when they conquered it from it's previous inhabitants? Why does that give them more right than any of the other peoples that have conquered it or otherwise moved in over the centuries? That land has been passed between civilisations for millennia, the Jews have no unique claim over it. They need to learn to share.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Palestine has never been a country, merely a remnant of the Ottoman Empire administered by the British under a League of Nations mandate.
    Wrong.

The Ottoman Empire spanned many regions, and the region of Palestine was one. Palestine was very much present on the maps of those times, long after the Ottoman Empire had been taken down, before the current state of Israel was instated.

A 'country' is not defined according to your whim. What constitutes a 'country' today may never have been a 'country' before. Almost all of the 'countries' in Asia, Africa, Europe and the Americas never existed as the 'countries' we now know them to exist. Still, nobody is denying the lands they currently stand on have a past to be reckoned with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    That'll be why Palestine has a name then...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Palestine

Also,it's recognised as a resal country (took forever though... )

It's also widely recognised as a country:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...e_of_Palestine

I am not impressed at the UK here... Though I guess we at least recognise it
    The name is a geographic term which comes from Greek, it has never been a country or a distinct ethnic group (not counting the last 50 years)

ReputationRep:
    Isn't Britain giving Palestine to Israel similar to the Allies giving Czechoslovakia away to Hitler...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    I think Israel has a right to the land i just dont like seeing innocent civilians being hurt on both sides. Israel not only has a historical right to the land but due to their superiority in all respects they can occupy whatever they want.

If Palestine was the dominant player im sure it will do the same if not worse to Israel. Get with it. Not sure why Muslims are crying wolf when they are attacking other lands/religions/suppressing peoples rights for freedom.

You're so wrong I can not even begin to explain.

Israel is a state that was formed on Palestinian land. That is not opinion, it is fact. Lets forget about all the other atrocities it has committed (namely the bombing of a couple of children on a beach not 4 days ago) and focus on this.

Please enlighten me as to what right Britain had to grant Palestinian land for the formation of the state of Israel.

Moving on, lets not cry over spilt milk. The state of Israel was created in violation of international law but created nonetheless. Now after a state has been formed on the land of another and it has driven Palestinians out of there own land you would think Israel has the common decency to stop at that. After all they have just claimed a large amount of land and that should be more than enough.

But no, they continue to this day to gradually take over Palestinian land through illegal settlements. Israel wants to reduce the Palestinian people to such a state that they have no option but to give into the oppressive regime.

This is not a war. That would assume both sides have an equal chance of winning. Israel is in itself one of the biggest military forces in the world backed by an even bigger superpower (USA). Tell me please, what do the Palestinians have?

This is not war, it is genocide.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.