The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham 2015 Entry?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trubadur
Btw,which are the preferred halls for the chemistry students?
Thank you in advance:smile:

not sure lol. I know one chemist living at SPC.
Original post by bella_shadow
That sounds perfect I'm looking at the brochure and it says the en suite is the cheapest price out of all the self-catered accommodation. So is there a separate laundry room where everyone goes to wash their clothes?

Yes, it actually is one of the cheapest :smile:. And yes, there are 2 phases of SPC and each one has its own laundry room. In mine theres 4 washing machines and 4 dryiers. In phase 2 there are way more so you can always go there if you want to :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Nottie

Yes, it actually is one of the cheapest :smile:. And yes, there are 2 phases of SPC and each one has its own laundry room. In mine theres 4 washing machines and 4 dryiers. In phase 2 there are way more so you can always go there if you want to :smile:

Thank you:smile:
Original post by Nottie

Thanks! I'm so excited to see it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by carlaraptor
My other uni options? UEA, Sheffield, York and Leeds. York I have an interview for (£60 train journey xD) and Leeds I have an interview for, but the latter is my last choice and I probably will either try to rearrange it or decline it, because it's just over a week after the one in York... and there's no way I can afford that trip twice in that space of time. :s-smilie:

You think £60 is a lot for a train ticket? I spent almost £90 on a train ticket from London to York for my interview. Thankfully i got a offer XD
Now that you told me about the Nottingham accommodation issue, I may just look at en suites and university park campus.
Original post by Yamahooha
I'm a language applicant too! :wavey:
Well, actually not applicant I guess, because I already have my A levels and I've accepted my place. French and ab initio Spanish with Translation.

So are you on a year out at the moment?
Does Nottingham personally invite you to visit days? Do you just register and then they give you a department meeting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just got an offer studying economics l100 @ notts. Im non uk so my perception of notts is bit unclear. Am I suppose to be happy or is economics at notts mediocre?
Reply 867
Everyone's getting offers and I'm still sitting here without a single response, jesus.

I applied last year, got an offer after 2 weeks. I applied 2nd week of December this time but thing is im a retake student with no predicted grades :s-smilie:
Hi I have currently applied to nottingham, bristol, queen Mary, exeter and Southampton and have received offers from all except Nottingham and bristol (the two LNAT unis). As I have no heard anything yet do you think that they will most likely reject me as a result of a poor lnat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RavenclawPolly
So are you on a year out at the moment?

Ehh, it's actually my third year out... I wasn't going to go to uni but then I was but then I missed the deadline. I took my A levels in 2012, and currently I'm au pairing in France.
Hey, i received an offer last year to study zoology :smile: is anyone else hoping to study this? i really liked the uni, it has a good vibe to it!
Just received an offer for International Management !!
Wait I have questions though:
-is it normal to receive a track update before the UCAS email?
-is it normal to receive a lower offer than the standard offer stated on the website?

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by milkberries
Just received an offer for International Management !!
Wait I have questions though:
-is it normal to receive a track update before the UCAS email?
-is it normal to receive a lower offer than the standard offer stated on the website?

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats:clap2:
a1=yes,a2=possible
Hey!

I've got my offers now (except Leeds still waiting). My second choice is definitely The University's of Manchester, but I'm torn for my first choice between Nottingham, Sheffield, Newcastle, and Leeds providing I get an offer with them.

I'm aping for Mechanical Engineering and could really do with some opinions!😵

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied to theology and religious studies BA and got an offer for ABB which km buzzing about!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
really excited about visiting, kinda just applied initially because most of my friends are planning on going and i'd heard really good things, but looking at the website the campus looks amazing :smile:

anyone else in for geography?
Any1 for economics..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lakkisakki
Any1 for economics..?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me :smile:
Original post by Skill Twix
Me :smile:

ye I know.. wanted to see if we were alone :frown: appearently
Hey, I'm in first year at Nottingham studying Biology and living in self-catered accommodation in Broadgate Park. If you have any questions about the uni or whatever just ask. It's the best uni by far so you made a good choice applying :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending