Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dstunr)
    I was predicted that tbf, but still? I wouldn't have applied either if I knew I could get that offer, I feel like it must be a mistake
    It's not just you two as well, happening quite a lot from what I've seen

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've also just been offered A*A*A which is ridiculous as their website says it varies between A*AA - AAB! Really all it's done is pushed them way down in my choices now

ReputationRep:
    (Lol re-posting my message here because I didn't notice this sticky thread at first)

Just got an A*A*A offer from Exeter, well excited to finally get an offer but it's an odd offer to say the least! I was planning on Exeter being my fifth choice so I think that's now gone out the window haha.

Surely giving out such high offers is going to detract loads of people from putting it as firm/insurance because I'm presuming there's going to be lots like me who were originally planning to have them as a back up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 29Bilal96)
    ah well, hope for the best i guess :P
    yeah thats if i even get called for an interview though...and yeah i guess.
    woah looking at those unis though you probably have a really strong application...but aren't they all A*AA offers?
    Fingers crossed!
    Well Bristol would be AAB (contextual offer since I got to a bad school) But yeah pretty scary I really want an offer from Bristol:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magnetic19)
    Yeah I'm exactly like you and it's so stupid because it has definitely put me off...
    I have two lower offers from higher ranked unis for economics so why would I now put Exeter down? It's now shot down to my fifth
    I just don't understand their thought process? It's turned so many people away and it feels like there punishing people for having high predicted grades !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Fingers crossed!
    Well Bristol would be AAB (contextual offer since I got to a bad school) But yeah pretty scary I really want an offer from Bristol:rolleyes:
    yup good luck
    ah okay, yeah so that would be your insurance choice then i'm guessing?
    patienceeeee trust me you'll get one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 29Bilal96)
    yup good luck
    ah okay, yeah so that would be your insurance choice then i'm guessing?
    patienceeeee trust me you'll get one...
    Thank you
    Yup , I hope so!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magnetic19)
    It makes no sense...
    I wouldn't even mind that much if we had been warned on the website that it could happen but they can't do this and not warn us!
    I never would have applied there if I knew that they would make an offer that high! I'd only understand that from Cambridge but Exeter are ranked way below at 10th and has just completely put me off now!

ReputationRep:
    Ah I don't even know where to apply.My predicted grades are 2A*s and a B.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=mwatters;51222019](Lol re-posting my message here because I didn't notice this sticky thread at first)

Just got an A*A*A offer from Exeter, well excited to finally get an offer but it's an odd offer to say the least! I was planning on Exeter being my fifth choice so I think that's now gone out the window haha.

Surely giving out such high offers is going to detract loads of people from putting it as firm/insurance because I'm presuming there's going to be lots like me who were originally planning to have them as a back up.

I just got that too wth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a320airbus97)
    You have misunderstood my previous post: I was answering whether or not I had applied to Queen Mary, not if I had received an offer (which I haven't yet).
    What other universities have you applied to?
    Oh my bad, sorry.. I've applied to Nottingham, Birmingham, Queen Mary, Loughborough and Leicester. Yourself?

(Original post by danialani_)
      Oh my bad, sorry.. I've applied to Nottingham, Birmingham, Queen Mary, Loughborough and Leicester. Yourself?
      Edinburgh, Sheffield, Queen Mary, Southampton and City. Have you received any offers yet? I've offers from Sheffield and City.

(Original post by Skill Twix)
        Ah I don't even know where to apply.My predicted grades are 2A*s and a B.
        If you don't mind me asking, what subjects are you studying for A2 and what were your AS grades?

ReputationRep:
        Edinburgh, Sheffield, Queen Mary, Southampton and City. Have you received any offers yet? I've offers from Sheffield and City.
        Congratulations! I received an offer today from Leicester.

ReputationRep:
        I got an A*A*A offer from Exeter on friday. My mum rang them up today to ask why it was so high and they said it was because my predicted grades are high. Bit annoying really...

(Original post by danialani_)
          Congratulations! I received an offer today from Leicester.
          Congratulations to you! Good luck with your application

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Jenine17)
          I disagree, I got an AAA offer from Nottingham since that's what I'm predicted and I don't meet the requirements for a contextual offer anyway
          Ooh really I've mostly seen a*aa offers so that's what I was guessing it was

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

If you don't mind me asking, what subjects are you studying for A2 and what were your AS grades?
          I am doing Maths,Physics and Economics.I got 3 B's and an A.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by 9876cd)
          I got an A*A*A offer from Exeter on friday. My mum rang them up today to ask why it was so high and they said it was because my predicted grades are high. Bit annoying really...
          What are you predicted?

(Original post by Skill Twix)
            I am doing Maths,Physics and Economics.I got 3 B's and an A.
            I'm doing Maths and Physics too! I know it must be difficult to decide which universities to apply to with your predicted grades, so if I were you, I would apply for 2 A*AA, 2 AAA, 1 AAB as A*A*B is the equivalent to A*AA.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.