Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicsrocks)
    I think I vaguely remember this...was this the one about the scientist saying they should change the name because the method of naming horses from ages ago was weird or am I thinking of something completely different?!
    Oh I think you've confused that with a question from the 2013 paper

ReputationRep:
    I think I vaguely remember this...was this the one about the scientist saying they should change the name because the method of naming horses from ages ago was weird or am I thinking of something completely different?!
    That was a practice question from last year or the year before :P

ReputationRep:
    The naming horses one was question 3 of 2013, which I wasted so long on last year, The T-Rex one was the one where the palaeontologist disagreed wight the scientist that T-Rex was a predator, saying it was a scavenger, an assumption question, I had no idea what the answer was, but I went for the one something like "He assumes that high speed is necessary to be a predator"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FeelingFear)
    Does anyone remember the t-rex one? Seeing some of the answers here, I highly doubt I have an interview...
    I think I put "T rexes can be hunters and scavengers"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yii Yann)
    If i remb correctly, it was the 350th day of the year. The guy's birthday was feb 18th. So you had to minus 31 (jan) + 18 from 350, giving you 301, which is divisible by 7.

EDIT: Hold on something feels wrong here...since leap year, you would get 351 days, minus 49 gives 302 which isn't divisible by 7... I think the correct answer might've been the one with 321 days. Since 321 + 1 (for leap year), minus 49, divisible by 7.

EDIT EDIT: Oh hold on, you had to have one number after it's divisible by 7. Because if its divisible by 7, you wouldn't get the same day would you? You'd get the previous day, so you had to add a day. So I think 350 is correct...
    Can someone please comment on what i've said above? :O It's killing me right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BanterTrain)
    The naming horses one was question 3 of 2013, which I wasted so long on last year, The T-Rex one was the one where the palaeontologist disagreed wight the scientist that T-Rex was a predator, saying it was a scavenger, an assumption question, I had no idea what the answer was, but I went for the one something like "He assumes that high speed is necessary to be a predator"
    I went for one saying that they assume he can't be both a predator and a scavenger..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FeelingFear)
    Oh I think you've confused that with a question from the 2013 paper
    That was a practice question from last year or the year before :P
    Oops my mistake! Oh I remember the question now, and I have no idea what I put as my answer!

Edit: I put that it assumes it can't be both a predator and a scavenger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rixama)
    Does anyone remember the question about the restaurant bill? I had the second most expensive..
    Fairly confident that was D, £28.40

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember the question about the restaurant bill? I had the second most expensive..
    23.35?

ReputationRep:
    I went for one saying that they assume he can't be both a predator and a scavenger..
    I put that too

ReputationRep:
    ah f*ck well there goes my 45 for sure.

ReputationRep:
    In had that first but then I tried to adjust it an came to 28.45 ....
    dont know if that is correct though. I really hope that the interview score wont be higher than 63 this year...

ReputationRep:
    I think the conclusion was that there'd be a full strength and higher paid police force, although I'm severely unsure about this.

The terminator film one was Arnold talking about having textbooks on electronic devices right? I put assumption was that electronic devices would be cheaper than textbooks.
    I agree about the police force one, but one of the premises in the arnold conclusion was that he used his experience from terminator to support the purchasing of ebooks so i said that the assumption was that it assumes that Arnold would use his movie experiences in his policies or something like that?

ReputationRep:
    For the meal-at-a-restaurant one, I got the 2nd most expensive combination. Since the budget was IIRC 28.50....that would be 28.45 or 28.40, right? Don't remember which was which, but I am fairly certain that it is the 2nd most expensive one.

ReputationRep:
    ah f*ck well there goes my 45 for sure.
    #firstworldproblems - though for me it's more like 'there goes my interview'. I high ly doubt I've made it past the threshold.

ReputationRep:
    I agree about the police force one, but one of the premises in the arnold conclusion was that he used his experience from terminator to support the purchasing of ebooks so i said that the assumption was that it assumes that Arnold would use his movie experiences in his policies or something like that?
    I can't remember exactly what the question was, but I was fairly sure that Arnold actually was pushing for the ebooks thing. So the terminator thing was just a distraction.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please comment on what i've said above? :O It's killing me right now.
    Was the answer not a name?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    Was the answer not a name?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it was but I totally forgot the names. I'm just calling it the guy with the last bday (350 days).

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was but I totally forgot the names. I'm just calling it the guy with the last bday (350 days).
    Oh okay. I think I went for Rebecca possibly. Not sure why at the minute, but remember working out and doing multiples of 7. Not sure what's correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    Oh okay. I think I went for Rebecca possibly. Not sure why at the minute, but remember working out and doing multiples of 7. Not sure what's correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Rebecca was 321 days right? So you'd add a day for leap year, minus 49 so you get the distance between the original guy and rebecca, giving you 273. This divided by 7 gives you 39.

Ah sh*t.

Just saw a f*cking calendar and realized I'm wrong about having to add a day at the end. Messed up and didn't remember that for days you count the initial day too. When doing the TSA basic skills seem to go out of the window -.-

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.