Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    WHy do we have far less posts than the year 10 thread??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imank01)
    I live in East London to!! Which ones are you thinking about?
    Looool latymer .... everyone in east london applys there and woodhouse too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekip)
    Same here, is this the normal thing haha? There's only two which I'm interested in and do the courses I want, and one would mean leaving the house at half 7 in the morning to get a bus which is unrealistic considering how long I take to get ready. :P And I'm starting a two year course (after school this year, in with my classes of my lessons next year) there this year so I've basically already made my decision there.
    Well my school has a sixth form and you're basically guaranteed a place if you already go. The only other decent college would mean getting a 40 minute bus, so I can't really be bothered.

ReputationRep:
    i was the deputy head boy of my school in year 10. Yr 11 could be a possibility of me becoming young mayor in my area?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrdeputyheadboy)
    i was the deputy head boy of my school in year 10. Yr 11 could be a possibility of me becoming young mayor in my area?
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)

I saw that you want to do law; do you have any specific universities in mind?
    (Sorry for the late reply, was away).

If I can get in, Cambridge. However, I also like UCL, London Business School, Nottingham, Durham....yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humzaawan123)
    Looool latymer .... everyone in east london applys there and woodhouse too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you talking about Latymer or Latymer Upper? If you're talking about Latymer Upper, I'm applying there too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canttellyou)
    Are you talking about Latymer or Latymer Upper? If you're talking about Latymer Upper, I'm applying there too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no , i can't afford latymer upper what subjects did you pick ?

ReputationRep:
    no , i can't afford latymer upper what subjects did you pick ?
    I can't afford it either I'm applying for scholarship/bursary. I picked triple science french and geography and it is compulsory to do re and pe and English and maths. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can't afford it either I'm applying for scholarship/bursary. I picked triple science french and geography and it is compulsory to do re and pe and English and maths. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OMG i picked the same subjects apart from re and pe and also do additional maths and ICT. What do you want to do in the future ? A-level choices ? job choices ?

for me...bio chem maths with either english lit or economics for A-level and then medicine at university

so far i have achieved an A* in human biology IGCSE and an A in core science... wbu ?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone who is back to school today - good luck! Let us know how the first day of Year 11 goes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OMG i picked the same subjects apart from re and pe and also do additional maths and ICT. What do you want to do in the future ? A-level choices ? job choices ?

for me...bio chem maths with either english lit or economics for A-level and then medicine at university

so far i have achieved an A* in human biology IGCSE and an A in core science... wbu ?
    My A level choices are very similar to yours, bio chem maths and geography. I also want to do Medicine at Uni. I've only done one gcse so far: core science and I got an A too! This is so cool, we are so similar! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    I am taking GCSE's in Triple Science, English Lit, History, French, Latin and Drama as well as an AS level in Critical Thinking and a Level 3 award in Statistics. Last year I took GCSE's in Maths, English Language and Religious Studies; I was very pleased with my results and they have motivated me to work hard this year so I can feel happy next Summer!

After year 11 I want to study A levels in English Lit, History and Classical Civilisation. I am still deciding on my fourth A level; I would love to study politics however not all the sixth forms near me offer it.

I love acting and drama (although the GCSE devised piece is stressing me out!) and am a member of a local theatre group. I also love reading and listening to music/ attending concerts.

I have mixed feelings about year 11. I am looking forward to finishing GCSE's as I think the extra long Summer will be fun! I am dreading the idea of all the revision but, at the same time, I want to do well so I know it is necessary. Also ,as I attend a grammar school, there is some added pressure as certain grades are seen as not good 'enough'.
    Choosing sixth forms is another matter entirely...

Anyway this is my introduction!

ReputationRep:
    My A level choices are very similar to yours, bio chem maths and geography. I also want to do Medicine at Uni. I've only done one gcse so far: core science and I got an A too! This is so cool, we are so similar! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol ikr

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if a school will mind me being 3 min late each day due to bus problems?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frostyy)
    Does anyone know if a school will mind me being 3 min late each day due to bus problems?
    Pretty sure they wouldn't if you had a legit reason for being late, three minutes isn't much in the big scheme of things, you wouldn't be disrupting much - there's always somebody a bit late anyway. :P I'd talk to your school though?

I'm sort of gutted to be back at school in 3 days? I feel like I've barely done anything this summer, it's gone so quick. :c I've heard that I have double media studies on my first day back though which is a nice way to go back I guess, we always spend the first two or three lessons in form and then go to lessons for the remaining two or three. Do you guys go straight into lessons or do other stuff on the first day back?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure they wouldn't if you had a legit reason for being late, three minutes isn't much in the big scheme of things, you wouldn't be disrupting much - there's always somebody a bit late anyway. :P I'd talk to your school though?

I'm sort of gutted to be back at school in 3 days? I feel like I've barely done anything this summer, it's gone so quick. :c I've heard that I have double media studies on my first day back though which is a nice way to go back I guess, we always spend the first two or three lessons in form and then go to lessons for the remaining two or three. Do you guys go straight into lessons or do other stuff on the first day back?
    No we get reminded of rules first then planners and lockers and we just pretty much hang around until break time, then we start lessons after that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think that starting revision from now is a little early as i will forget everything by the time my exams come in May. December time seems appropriate, or an earlier or later date? Advice please.

ReputationRep:

We sort out our planners and timetables and rules/behavioural codes for the first two lessons, then we have our last three lessons. Never know what books to take first day back, my teachers always yell at me if I don't have my book first day back, but we don't get our timetables til we go in xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrdeputyheadboy)
    Anyone else think that starting revision from now is a little early as i will forget everything by the time my exams come in May. December time seems appropriate, or an earlier or later date? Advice please.
    If you have December/January mocks, I'd probably start mid-September or beginning of October, depending on when your mocks are. After that, end of January/beginning of February for the real things is when I'll be starting.
    Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.