Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Top_Hat)
    Trinity.

Trinity are good at emailing so like that. I was told I was in the open pool so I think they've had the meeting.

Via email but they said a letter is in the post.
    I know someone who has been offered a place at girton to read medicine. An average student. it is bloody unfair. you had been fished out by trinity. That means your Ums, bmat, GCSE, as and predicted al must be extraordinarily exceptional. Best wishes and good luck.

ReputationRep:
    So Ive had my reinterview but havent heard anything from the college that fished me about outcome of my reinterview

But I also havent heard anything from the college that pooled me- no letter, no email, nothing. Other people having the reinterview with me at least got a letter from their original college.
    Does that mean anything, or is my original college just exceptionally lazy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liass)
    So Ive had my reinterview but havent heard anything from the college that fished me about outcome of my reinterview

But I also havent heard anything from the college that pooled me- no letter, no email, nothing. Other people having the reinterview with me at least got a letter from their original college.
    Does that mean anything, or is my original college just exceptionally lazy?
    Unfair. But what can you do? Waiting is excruciatingly painful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Top_Hat)
    Just been rejected after being pooled so I assume they've had the Open Pool offer meeting now and outcomes are being posted. Good luck those still swimming!
    Sorry to hear that man, hope you'll have a place in the other 3 medical schools you applied too. Remember that unlike many other subjects, it doesn't matter which university you go to to study medicine

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from the pool (Selwyn) via track, no email or anything. That was nice of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotalerReinfall)
    Rejected from the pool (Selwyn) via track, no email or anything. That was nice of them
    Just now?! I'm sorry to hear that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotalerReinfall)
    Sorry to hear, I wish you all the best and keep positive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    Just now?! I'm sorry to hear that.
    It was put on track at about 16:50 but I hadn't had time to check it

(Original post by Watchthe)
    Sorry to hear, I wish you all the best and keep positive
    I'm not too bothered really, just a bit of an unceremonious throwing out haha

Thank you and good luck to everyone else who is left!

ReputationRep:
    If you are fished out of the pool, would your ucas track have been updated by now?
    Good luck to everyone still in the pool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juan_96)
    If you are fished out of the pool, would your ucas track have been updated by now?
    Good luck to everyone still in the pool!
    Not necessarily- I guess it depends on which college would have fished you out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liass)
    Not necessarily- I guess it depends on which college would have fished you out?
    Oh ok. Thanks for letting me know 😊

ReputationRep:
    Gosh it doesn't sound nice finding out on ucas track!
    Good luck everyone still waiting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelindaMedic)
    Gosh it doesn't sound nice finding out on ucas track!
    Good luck everyone still waiting.
    Still waiting here. Damn nerve-wracking. Just not sure what to make of it. Did they decide not to rule me out and discuss my application further or did they decide it was time to go home before they got to me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeCZE)
    Still waiting here. Damn nerve-wracking. Just not sure what to make of it. Did they decide not to rule me out and discuss my application further or did they decide it was time to go home before they got to me?
    I'm thinking the same! Not sure what to make of the situation!

ReputationRep:
    Deafening silence!!!

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from the pool! Reinterview must have gone well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liass)
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Watchthe)
    Congratulations!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liass)
    Wow! Well done. college that called you for an interview? Do you mind sharing your bmat scores as my understanding is that bmat scores are being used to decide for the interview and open pool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beauty of maths)
    Wow! Well done. college that called you for an interview? Do you mind sharing your bmat scores as my understanding is that bmat scores are being used to decide for the interview and open pool.
    Thank you! The college is Murray Edwards (the all girls one- bit iffy about that but when I visited it was so lovely)

BMAT score: 5.1 6.3 3.5A (so not amazing)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.