The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Original post by Ahwab
no1 heard anything today?
ive got a feeling that no news is bad news as from now, seeing the reserve interviews being handed out and everything :frown:

agreed :/ ridiculous
Reply 861
Original post by GrahamRianna
Interview on 11th :smile:
Stats: Predicted A*AA
Resit applicant, achieved ABBb
UKCAT 685
GCSE 2A, 6B, 1C

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you sure? You have pretty similar stats to be in terms of predictions and UKCAT
Reply 862
achieved A*AA, GCSEs: 6A*S 5As and 1B and 707.5 UKCAT and im looking at a rejection while others who are resit applicants with A*AA and poorer UKCAT scores are getting interviews.. how is that even possible
Reply 863
Original post by Dralya
achieved A*AA, GCSEs: 6A*S 5As and 1B and 707.5 UKCAT and im looking at a rejection while others who are resit applicants with A*AA and poorer UKCAT scores are getting interviews.. how is that even possible

It doesn't make sense. Why would they have a policy that favoured re-sitters over first-timers? What's more likely is that you just haven't heard yet.

EDIT: Muhaha's post below blows away my theory...
(edited 9 years ago)
Guys.. I just called up admissions and all interviews for school leavers have been given out and they are still processing graduate applications...so that means if you're a school leaver and haven't heard anything (that's me as well) then its most likely a rejection.. I don't even know what to say, Exeter was my safest option as well! :mad:
Can someone else call up to double check?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 865
Original post by JNHE
It doesn't make sense. Why would they have a policy that favoured re-sitters over first-timers? What's more likely is that you just haven't heard yet.

hope you're right but i just thinj that from now, no news is just bad news. its ridiculous im devastated. what about you?
Reply 866
Original post by Dralya
hope you're right but i just thinj that from now, no news is just bad news. its ridiculous im devastated. what about you?

I'm a grad actually, with a gamsat score of 65. But not holding out much hope having seen the stats of some of you undergrads on here...
Just rang myself and the guy said all the interviews have been handed out. Exeter is the one place I really wanted to go and being rejected for seemingly no reason is ridiculous. I'm almost certain it was based off GCSEs or something. I have A*A*AA achieved, 690 UKCAT but my GCSEs are 2A*s, 4 As and 4 Bs. Actually devastated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 868
Original post by PharmaGiles
I might as well add to the confusion! I'm a graduate with GAMSAT score of 67. Heard nothing about an interview yet, not even been told cut offs.

Hey, I have a GAMSAT score of 67 and have not heard anything either. I also have not received any info about cut offs. I'm hoping that they are processing the graduate applications after the undergrads.

Have any graduates heard anything!?
Original post by Doodle00
Just rang myself and the guy said all the interviews have been handed out. Exeter is the one place I really wanted to go and being rejected for seemingly no reason is ridiculous. I'm almost certain it was based off GCSEs or something. I have A*A*AA achieved, 690 UKCAT but my GCSEs are 2A*s, 4 As and 4 Bs. Actually devastated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't understand, their website doesn't even mention the basic GCSE requirements of Bs in English lang and Maths (unless I'm not looking in the right place) and I asked them and they said to me that they don't really take GCSEs into consideration and that its all about predicted and UKCAT? How can they suddenly change their selection criteria like that without informing us?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 870

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is so disappointing. Did they shed any light on their process. I have A*AA predicted and UKCAT 717.5. Seeing a few similar applicants and really confused as to what way interviews were designated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Muhaha_6
I don't understand, their website doesn't even mention the basic GCSE requirements of Bs in English lang and Maths (unless I'm not looking in the right place) and I asked them and they said to me that they don't really take GCSEs into consideration and that its all about predicted and UKCAT? How can they suddenly change their selection criteria like that without informing us?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really have no idea. Unless they decided to ignore my A*s as they weren't in sciences. I'm just seriously confused. Maybe it was personal statement. I was so stunned by the admissions guy saying they had actually all been handed out that I didn't ask anything else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 872
Hey,
I received a interview for the reserve today at about 10:45 am. The interview is on the 15th at 11:30.

IB: predicted 41 (7,7,6 at HL)
UKCAT: 672.5
I considered the thought that maybe the requirement would rise from A*AA pred/ach to A*A*A, but then I thought "Nah that's not going to happen, A*A*A is too much to ask for especially since the offer is only AAA". Guess I was wrong...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a graduate with a GAMSAT of 69 and I've not heard a peep - I had a GAMSAT of 61/62 last year, and I heard the following week. I get the feeling that they've swapped the grads to the new year now. Which is effing irritating. I'll be in Tokyo for the last two weeks of February and there's nothing I can do about that.
Predicted- A*A*A
GCSE- 6A*s 4As
UKCAT- 665
Pretty disappointed :frown:
Reply 876
Original post by Mehhhh
I considered the thought that maybe the requirement would rise from A*AA pred/ach to A*A*A, but then I thought "Nah that's not going to happen, A*A*A is too much to ask for especially since the offer is only AAA". Guess I was wrong...

Posted from TSR Mobile

The system is totally flawed, & I hope there is something we can do about it. The information provided from the website is condescending to their selection process.

How does it make sense to have a range on your offer grades on the website of AAA/A*AA then turn around and give preference to people with more A*s even though you're only going to offer them an AAA or A*AA offer
I really have no idea. Unless they decided to ignore my A*s as they weren't in sciences. I'm just seriously confused. Maybe it was personal statement. I was so stunned by the admissions guy saying they had actually all been handed out that I didn't ask anything else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My predicted A* is in a non science subject as well.
Surely it can't be personal statements because they kept saying that they don't check our personal statements until after the interview.
At first I thought he meant all the December interviews had been given out, upon further questioning I realized that all school leaver interviews had been given out and I was just shocked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, **** you too Exeter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 879
To think this was exeter's reply having sent them an email before applying, I will be absolutely gutted if I get rejected.

http://gyazo.com/82abc8d0ce8acc7ed7e091f0153e048a

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending