Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliwhi)
    You live in England, right? O_o

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nooo haha I live in Hong Kong :P, and as you may have noticed due to my name i'm an Indian.

But I often go to London to visit both my elder sister whos doing Econ in LSE and my 2nd older sister whos in UCL, visiting is expensive as heck :P Its an awesome place though

We're doing International GCSEs though so our syllabus may be sort of different from GCSEs in Sciences, but nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaisyTwilight)
    Wow, we're posting a lot this year! You're back in school already?

Yeah :/
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by adityac3688)
    Mr... I finished GoT finally :') where are you up to! You'll love the last episode man, its more beautiful than any of season 4 episodes, not gonna spoil it for you but its amazing bro
    I finished it yesterday! The last episode was so... WOW! :moon:
    I am watching Orange is the New Black now. It is hilarious :rofl:

Yeah :/

How's Y10 been for you so far?

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh my heart is like pounding out of my chest whenever I go into the exam room. I'm getting better with my nerves now but I remember doing an audition at my school and that my nerves just took over me completely. D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same, luckily so far all my examiners have been so nice and that usually helps my nerves go away! Usually when I start playing I feel a lot better it's worse after the exam when I realise all my mistakes and think of things that I could have done better! Are you doing abrsm?

ReputationRep:
    I have inset day on the 2nd mwhahaha ;D

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We go back on the third because the teachers have two inset days on the 1st and 2nd! Yayyyy
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by tabithacrazy)
    We go back on the third because the teachers have two inset days on the 1st and 2nd! Yayyyy
    We start on the 3rd too :five:
    We have inset on the 1st and then the school is only open for new Y7s and 12s on the 2nd
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by tabithacrazy)
    Same, luckily so far all my examiners have been so nice and that usually helps my nerves go away! Usually when I start playing I feel a lot better it's worse after the exam when I realise all my mistakes and think of things that I could have done better! Are you doing abrsm?
    Lucky! I'm grade 5 examiner was so horrible. I started playing F major when he said F minor and I was like IDK HOW TO PLAY F MINOR THEREFORE IM GOING TO PLAY MAJOR AS MY ANSWER XD

My grade 6 examiner was so nice though ~~~~~~

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Nooo haha I live in Hong Kong :P, and as you may have noticed due to my name i'm an Indian.

But I often go to London to visit both my elder sister whos doing Econ in LSE and my 2nd older sister whos in UCL, visiting is expensive as heck :P Its an awesome place though

We're doing International GCSEs though so our syllabus may be sort of different from GCSEs in Sciences, but nothing else.
    Oh o_o

I live in England and I'm doing IGCSE for all my compulsory subjects :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys go to private schools?

ReputationRep:
    Hey you guys, any proper keen yr 10's thinking about Cambridge University? You might want to check this guy out on youtube - He's a Cambridge Compsci and vlogs his life at Cambridge. Great insight into Cambridge University!!
    Check him out here - https://www.youtube.com/user/jaketvee

ReputationRep:

I lived in Hong Kong and went to school there when I was younger! Do you speak Cantonese or Mandarin? Or do you go to a school that speaks English?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a little late to this thread but here goes.

I'm taking nine GCSE's. English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, Religious Studies, Double Award Science, Spanish, History, and Drama

I enjoy writing, debating, swimming and gaming.

I'm kind of looking forward to Year 10 because I won't have to deal with all the subjects that I hated in Year 9 e.g. French and Art.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Haysaurus)
    Yes. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I go to a public school...
    One of us is private schooled :yep:
    Why do you ask? :curious:

(Original post by Gilo98)
    Hey you guys, any proper keen yr 10's thinking about Cambridge University? You might want to check this guy out on youtube - He's a Cambridge Compsci and vlogs his life at Cambridge. Great insight into Cambridge University!!
    Check him out here - https://www.youtube.com/user/jaketvee
    I've seen him before... :yep: I love his videos. I need to watch his latest live
    stream
    While we're are at it https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1i...WwTB2gFiqqWq6A If you're thinking of Oxford he's the guy for you. He has graduated but he's made a buttload of videos on the admissions processes! :yep:
    (Original post by Grimbo)
    I'm a little late to this thread but here goes.

I'm taking nine GCSE's. English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, Religious Studies, Double Award Science, Spanish, History, and Drama

I enjoy writing, debating, swimming and gaming.

I'm kind of looking forward to Year 10 because I won't have to deal with all the subjects that I hated in Year 9 e.g. French and Art.
    Welcome to :tsr: Grimbo! You're doing RS too :five:
    Also ask me if you need any help :yep:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Mr...)
    I go to a public school...
    One of us is private schooled :yep:
    Why do you ask? :curious:
    Was that an indirect at me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    um extra post that I don't want D:

ReputationRep:
    I don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Was that an indirect at me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to confirm myself cuz a lot of people on here picked subjects that a state school doesn't offer.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Just wanted to confirm myself cuz a lot of people on here picked subjects that a state school doesn't offer.
    Lots of state/public schools offer different subjects :yes:... That is probably why

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.