Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    are fight and flight the opposites?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by games211)
    after you have gone through the content are you able to answer past papers questions easily?
    I think the questions are really challenging! But I've been getting As

ReputationRep:
    Urgh I've only started revising for f215 today

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheeky 12)
    Urgh I've only started revising for f215 today

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whaaaa...you seem calm about it I also started revision late for bio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bakedbeans247)
    Whaaaa...you seem calm about it I also started revision late for bio.
    Calm I'm by Farr calm I literally cry everyday because I don't know how the hell in going to remember it tbh just aiming for an E need 54 ums points for it !

Considering I'm aiming for a B in psychology and one of the paper is synoptic so gotta know alllll the AS units I'm concentrating on that but I'm finishing it even hard to just manage an E in biology ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got any good notes that's broke everything down in the revision guide? I need some I remember better when I'm reading some1 else's notes please! you gotta help me I'm desperate!!! help a brother out!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mybutton jammed)
    has anyone got any good notes that's broke everything down in the revision guide? I need some I remember better when I'm reading some1 else's notes please! you gotta help me I'm desperate!!! help a brother out!!!

F214 notes
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...2&d=1275821489

F215 notes
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...2&d=1276519627

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    omg thank you so much I love you, literally been revising for the past 4 hours, spent the first hour tryna decide what's relevant or not in the revision guide :0 been looking for something like this for ages!!!!!!! God bless!

ReputationRep:
    omg thank you so much I love you, literally been revising for the past 4 hours, spent the first hour tryna decide what's relevant or not in the revision guide :0 been looking for something like this for ages!!!!!!! God bless!
    Awwww it's okay! Are you just going to memorize those notes? Cause I tried I just get panicked of how much there is to learn 😩😩😩😩😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Awwww it's okay! Are you just going to memorize those notes? Cause I tried I just get panicked of how much there is to learn 😩😩😩😩😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Honestly I probably was having heart attack every 2mins cuz I wud revise 1 line then look at the rest of the revision guide, I then decided just to not look ahead in the revision guide cuz it was really stressing me out !

yeh I did the exact same with my resit for chem I had notes like these and after I revise notes do like 10 past papers properly going through every question I get wrong I shud get my C hopefully

wbu?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    and btw memorising the notes is 10x better than the revision guide! trust me! plan is to study 10 hours a day for the next 2 weeks should be able to do it

ReputationRep:
    and btw memorising the notes is 10x better than the revision guide! trust me! plan is to study 10 hours a day for the next 2 weeks should be able to do it
    I'm pretty much doing posters for chem2 this year I got Chem 4 and 5 to start! Too! Only got two more topics for chem2 defo got the basic in my head! Been getting 50 so far hopefully that number will go up urge wish I could do that but got a synoptic paper for psychology need my B in that!!!!

Hmm might just memorise these notes i guess 2 hours every day for each unit then fingers crossed exams easy and boundaries are low 😩😩😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virgin Q)
    Yeh but how does it all work without a sperm cell

Does the somatic cell have sperm or somethin :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay so you know how in regular fertilisation both the sperm and egg have a nucleus, each containing a haploid number of chromosomes (half the number needed for the organism), and then when they fuse the egg will then have the complete number of chromosomes needed (diploid- 2 sets)- it becomes an embryo

In cloning, the somatic cell is already diploid, it contains 2 sets of chromosomes, so you don't need another set coming from a sperm cell

So when you put the nucleus from the somatic into the enucleated egg cell, the egg is then diploid, so has the complete number of chromosomes that it needs

This is not very accurate term-wise (haven't had much time), but I hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, does anyone have any f214/f215 questions that I could use for practice???

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got any good way of revising for the 'suggest' type questions? not sure i've picked up a single mark in past papers with the suggest questions and its pissing me off. thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domcandrews)
    has anyone got any good way of revising for the 'suggest' type questions? not sure i've picked up a single mark in past papers with the suggest questions and its pissing me off. thanks x
    Go over the examiner reports for each paper you have tackled and marked. They really help in clarifying where students most commonly go wrong and how each question should be interpreted:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/i-want-to/download-past-papers/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mk96)
    Go over the examiner reports for each paper you have tackled and marked. They really help in clarifying where students most commonly go wrong and how each question should be interpreted:

thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mk96)

hey does anyone have gmail and want to go through some of the content with me please?

ReputationRep:
    I am a bit confused- during lactate fermentation in mammals, it states that lactate dehydrogenase is the enzyme that reduces pyruvate to lactate- surely it would be called pyruvate dehydrogenase because it's the pyruvate that's getting its hydrogen atoms removed? thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CamilleClarke)
    I am a bit confused- during lactate fermentation in mammals, it states that lactate dehydrogenase is the enzyme that reduces pyruvate to lactate- surely it would be called pyruvate dehydrogenase because it's the pyruvate that's getting its hydrogen atoms removed? thanks!
    The reaction goes both ways in different cycles so in the liver its lactate to pyruvate. hope that helps x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.