Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwhite14)
    How would you go about answering a 12 marker on MSM model? Like what are some good A01 points? Thanks!!
    -Proposed by Atkinson and schriffrin
    -information passes from store to store in a linear way
    -both STM and LTM are unintary stores
    Then go on to explain STM and LTM in terms of their characteristics; encoding, capacity and duration. Talk about sensory memory and rehearsal etc. These are all good AO1 points, all from the mark scheme

Hope that helps
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Velocity_)
    The only thing im feelings iffy about is Cultural Variations. I could answer a 4 marker but do u guys think it could come up as a 12 or 8? surely not? it was up on June 2013.
    You could use the research by Takahashi 1990, describe the procedure, his findings and conclusions and then evaluate by talking about methodological and ethical issues?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuliusSeizure)
    Then go on to explain STM and LTM in terms of their characteristics; encoding, capacity and duration. Talk about sensory memory and rehearsal etc. These are all good AO1 points, all from the mark scheme

Hope that helps
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could you use research into encoding/capacity/duration e.g. Jacobs, Peterson etc. as AO2? or would it be part of AO1?

ReputationRep:
    Urgh I hope cultural variations does not come up at all. Don't know much about it

I hope eyewitness testimony comes up as a 12 marker

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hows everyone feeling about tomorrow? I'm kinda nervous but hopefully I can iron out the stuff I need to in the morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omanadilahko)
    Could you use research into encoding/capacity/duration e.g. Jacobs, Peterson etc. as AO2? or would it be part of AO1?
    Yeah you can, but I'm not too sure on those studies though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tylerrrrr)
    hows everyone feeling about tomorrow? I'm kinda nervous but hopefully I can iron out the stuff I need to in the morning
    Let's just say that I've had enough proplus that I now have the shakes and still don't know anything about the research methods

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tylerrrrr)
    Not nervous at all, not because I'm confident but because I've done many exams the nervousness has left me I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Hope that helps
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Perfect- thanks so much!!

ReputationRep:
    Not nervous at all, not because I'm confident but because I've done many exams the nervousness has left me I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Usually once I've started getting into the questions I'm fine, it's just the build up haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isabella~)
    Is Yarmey's study enought to get 6 marks for A01 on age and EWT? Could you use Christiansen and Hubinette as an opposing research finding for A02?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For age use the study of Anastasia and Rhodes as a counter study for Yarmey.
    And for anxiety use the study of deffenbacher and Christianson and Hubinette as a counter study. And then. For AO2 use Johnson and scott's study of the weapon focus effect and use the Loftus et al (studies further the eye movement that supports the weapon focus effect)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im a A2 psychology student - RETAKING as psya1, im telling you now this is a PIECE OF PISS compared to A2. think carefully if you want to go into A2 psychology. its mad.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going over new studies right now, last minute?

I'm going the takhashi study for cultural variations, never heard this study until I came on to this thread.

Thank you Hannah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah_Lake)
    You could use the research by Takahashi 1990, describe the procedure, his findings and conclusions and then evaluate by talking about methodological and ethical issues?

Thank you, goin over this study now
    What does methodological mean?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hope anything comes up BUT daycare as a 12 marker or how research affects daycare ugh
    Hate daycare....
    Hate kids now lol

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going over new studies right now, last minute?

I'm going the takhashi study for cultural variations, never heard this study until I came on to this thread.

Thank you Hannah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty much going over the whole course 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    Hope anything comes up BUT daycare as a 12 marker or how research affects daycare ugh
    Hate daycare....
    Hate kids now lol
    Day care urgh.

Can someone please provide me with a list of the day-care studies and counter studies too ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    Hate daycare....
    Hate kids now lol
    I've got everything crossed that it will be a model of memory

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Thank you, goin over this study now
    What does methodological mean?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ummm.... Methodological issues are like issues with the method of the experiment, for example if it is a lab experiment it will lack ecological validity etc...

ReputationRep:
    Day care urgh.

Can someone please provide me with a list of the day-care studies and counter studies too ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty much just not revised it 😓 cramming tomorrow for me!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.