Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

LNAT Results 2015 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    Holy crap... I did the LNAT for fun again and got 38/42...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi Stefan
    My son got 31. So pleased but strange UCL rejected him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pythian)
    I received LNAT email.

I scored 30/42.

I've got nothing but rejections from UCL (LNAT essay) and Oxford (post-inteviews).

Did you apply to other Lnat universities like KCL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cholesta)
    Hi Stefan
    My son got 31. So pleased but strange UCL rejected him.
    Ah, sorry to hear that :/

Did they specify the reason?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, sorry to hear that :/

Did they specify the reason?
    Lnat!! Still waiting for LSE but coming to Bristol's offer holders day.

ReputationRep:
    Lnat!! Still waiting for LSE but coming to Bristol's offer holders day.
    Meh, may have been the essay...?

And LSE are definitely taking their time...

ReputationRep:
    Meh, may have been the essay...?

And LSE are definitely taking their time...
    I know but if he gets LSE it will have been worth it. Bristol's law school looks amazing.

ReputationRep:
    I know but if he gets LSE it will have been worth it. Bristol's law school looks amazing.
    Yeah, definitely!

I absolutely love it

ReputationRep:
    So I guess my score of 19/42 would explain my rejections from UCL and Oxford. Just glad I didn't apply for more LNAT unis!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, definitely!

I absolutely love it
    Glad you didn't go to LSE. Maybe you get more of the student experience. How to the top law firms rate Bristol?

ReputationRep:
    Glad you didn't go to LSE. Maybe you get more of the student experience. How to the top law firms rate Bristol?
    Ultimately maybe so, though I don't think London would have been bad for the student experience either...

Well, the vast majority of big law firms visited the law fair, we're receiving emails constantly about schemes and whatnot, and we have events created by firms very often (there was an event every day from October to December). We've also had quite a few partners/recruitment teams visit personally to talk to us about their firms (mostly Bristol alumni), and all events of the law school are sponsored by some firm/s.

The students with the highest results will also receive quite a lot of money from firms directly, along with various legal scheme positions as a reward. There is a very strong presence of Bristol alumni in the city firms as well, so I guess that's an added bonus.

ReputationRep:
    Ultimately maybe so, though I don't think London would have been bad for the student experience either...

Well, the vast majority of big law firms visited the law fair, we're receiving emails constantly about schemes and whatnot, and we have events created by firms very often (there was an event every day from October to December). We've also had quite a few partners/recruitment teams visit personally to talk to us about their firms (mostly Bristol alumni), and all events of the law school are sponsored by some firm/s.

The students with the highest results will also receive quite a lot of money from firms directly, along with various legal scheme positions as a reward. There is a very strong presence of Bristol alumni in the city firms as well, so I guess that's an added bonus.
    It all sounds very positive and I'm glad it's worked out well for you. Would many students apply to Oxbridge for a masters?

ReputationRep:
    It all sounds very positive and I'm glad it's worked out well for you. Would many students apply to Oxbridge for a masters?

I have no idea unfortunately. I would imagine most people would apply for jobs directly. I do hear American unis more often than Oxbridge for masters though...

ReputationRep:
    Got 25/42 on my LNAT, boringly average but the rest of my application/grades are strong and I felt like my essay went OK.

Anyway I have an offer from my first choice (Durham) so my results are a bit irrelevant now

ReputationRep:

I have no idea unfortunately. I would imagine most people would apply for jobs directly. I do hear American unis more often than Oxbridge for masters though...
    Harvard perhaps.........or maybe that's out of the question.

ReputationRep:
    Harvard perhaps.........or maybe that's out of the question.
    Harvard, Yale, Columbia and whatnot I've heard actually. It may be because some of our professors have studied there and so students feel more inclined...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Harvard, Yale, Columbia and whatnot I've heard actually. It may be because some of our professors have studied there and so students feel more inclined...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow, is all I can say!!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, is all I can say!!
    I don't think it's that uncommon per se - it doesn't mean that everyone will be accepted. Same with Oxbridge I'd assume...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's that uncommon per se - it doesnw't mean that everyone will be accepted. Same with Oxbridge I'd assume...
    True

ReputationRep:
    31 in LNAT and predicted A*A*A*, what are my chances of durham, king's and LSE offers? ( i know LSE don't use the LNAT)

ReputationRep:
    I got my result today (28 Jan), and i'm from Canada. I got a 21 but the average this year is 23.3....so hopefully it doesn't affect me negatively. I applied to KCL, University of Birmingham, QMUL, University of Nottingham and University of York

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.