The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2016

Scroll to see replies

That's why I was so shocked when they said that and my UCAS track updated 2 hours later I thought it was going to be some good news. 😂 Aw well there's always next year.
Original post by popo111
This doesn't even make sense (they said towards end of month and you got rejected same day). It's conflicting information, some people say all interviews have been given out, and others claim to have contacted them and they replied with 'we're still giving out interviews'.

We can only wait to see the outcome of this.
Original post by Foundationmed
That's why I was so shocked when they said that and my UCAS track updated 2 hours later I thought it was going to be some good news. 😂 Aw well there's always next year.

Wow... fair enough then

But it still doesn't add up, why reject some and not others (who haven't been invited to an interview) and why are others saying that more interviews are to be given out as per their conversions with the university.

Like I said, all we can do is wait
(edited 8 years ago)
guys could be that they kept alot of people just incase some people call up and cancel interviews so that they can offer it to others? just a theory though or it could be that their rejecting in batches, also they didn't give me any feedback all it said was that i didn't make it into the people selected for interview but not why!!
Reply 863
Some people got an interview a whole week after the majority got their interviews last year on the 2015 thread. U never know.
Hope that is repeated this year
Hopefully 😓😓
I doubt it.
Can someone enlighten me on the group discussion?

Is it more of a general discussion with everyone giving their input on the matter, or is it more of a debate type of thing where its everyone for themselves :biggrin:?

@Neostigmine, im guessing you can fill me in?
Original post by qwerty123A
Can someone enlighten me on the group discussion?

Is it more of a general discussion with everyone giving their input on the matter, or is it more of a debate type of thing where its everyone for themselves :biggrin:?

@Neostigmine, im guessing you can fill me in?

It's normally a topic with conflicting sides. The topic may not necessarily be related to medicine or it might be medically orientated, the key ideas are you are able to participate in the debate successfully. As with any good debate it should be logical and clear to follow so if you agree with someone,that's okay! Build upon their point, bring other people into the discussion, listen to what other people say before you reply. Do not just sit there like a plum but don't bulldoze the conversation either.
Original post by Mel1312
It's normally a topic with conflicting sides. The topic may not necessarily be related to medicine or it might be medically orientated, the key ideas are you are able to participate in the debate successfully. As with any good debate it should be logical and clear to follow so if you agree with someone,that's okay! Build upon their point, bring other people into the discussion, listen to what other people say before you reply. Do not just sit there like a plum but don't bulldoze the conversation either.

Thank you! Are you an applicant?
Thank you! Are you an applicant?

No worries :smile: I'm a student on BM6 so was in your position last year!
Original post by Cpie21
For anyone who's been rejected did they tell you why?
I'm still waiting but I'm losing hope.. will ring them on Monday to confirm.

Did you ask them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 872
Original post by SaphBruh
Did you ask them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey yeah i did. The lady at admissions said most interviews have been handed out but not all. She said they're waiting for the people to get back to them before handing out the rest.
Does that mean we are on the waiting list?
I am praying that is the case as I messed up my Notts MMI and not heard from UEA and got rejection from KCL
Reply 875
Kind of.. I was just told that they haven't given out all of them. She said we'd hear back before end of March for definite.
Reply 876
Original post by SarahCroydon
I am praying that is the case as I messed up my Notts MMI and not heard from UEA and got rejection from KCL

Can i ask if you applied to the 5 year KCL course or the EMDP?
Original post by Cpie21
Kind of.. I was just told that they haven't given out all of them. She said we'd hear back before end of March for definite.

So you mean that they haven't given out all interviews yet? Did they specify for BM6 only or this is for medicine in general?
Can someone enlighten me on the group discussion?Is it more of a general discussion with everyone giving their input on the matter, or is it more of a debate type of thing where its everyone for themselves :biggrin:?@Neostigmine, im guessing you can fill me in?

You're not supposed to know. You're given time to prepare. No prior knowledge is required. Each group task is different.

It's 5 minutes to make notes
15 mins to discuss
10 mins to reflect on your performance to the group (not each, as a group).

Most people enjoy it. Relax!
Reply 879
Yeah if you look further up you'll see my full reply.
& yeah i asked about the BM6. We'll just have to wait & see.
Original post by mil88
So you mean that they haven't given out all interviews yet? Did they specify for BM6 only or this is for medicine in general?

Quick Reply

Latest