Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TikiLodge)
    What did you get for optimum Ph?
    I think i put 7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marseille013)
    For the oxidation states of vanadium, I got +8 +5 +5 +5..
    Majority of people are saying +4 +5 +5 +5
    But I swear the first one was VS4, so one vanadium for 4 sulphur, sulphur is -2, so vanadium +8..
    Unless I read the original formula wrong...
    Yes but it said the S2 ion in VS4 was -2 so there would be two of these giving V an oxidation state of +4

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, the only think biology helped me with is developing my answer in the DNA replication bit. The bonds between the bases - I learnt that through the CGP book for chemistry!

ReputationRep:
    EVERYONE vote/poll on how you found this test !!!!!!!!

VOTE NOW!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3395969

ReputationRep:
    for the gas i think i put chloride is that right?

ReputationRep:
    how many marks was the IR spectrum

ReputationRep:
    It was 2 marks
    (Original post by nats927)
    how many marks was the IR spectrum

ReputationRep:
    Looking back on the paper now I realise that if there was say.. 15 more minutes the paper could have gone less dreadfully. But the whole 1 mark a minute thing REALLY screwed everyone over (myself included). Even biology gives 75 minutes for a 60 mark paper. I don't understand what OCR is trying to achieve. Make exams harder? Ok. Fine. But to compensate at least give us more time. I left my calculations half finished because I ran out of time and I couldn't even check over the crap I'd already written.
    I want to study Biochemistry at Bristol and i really could do with lower grade boundaries seeing as some of my answers aren't matching half of the people's on here. *angrily hurls chair across room in frustration*

ReputationRep:
    how many marks to draw structural formula of monomer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diamond Crafter)
    Looking back on the paper now I realise that if there was say.. 15 more minutes the paper could have gone less dreadfully. But the whole 1 mark a minute thing REALLY screwed everyone over (myself included). Even biology gives 75 minutes for a 60 mark paper. I don't understand what OCR is trying to achieve. Make exams harder? Ok. Fine. But to compensate at least give us more time. I left my calculations half finished because I ran out of time and I couldn't even check over the crap I'd already written.
    I want to study Biochemistry at Bristol and i really could do with lower grade boundaries seeing as some of my answers aren't matching half of the people's on here. *angrily hurls chair across room in frustration*
    tbh you may have done better than expected. just cos ppl have been discussing answers on her doesn't necessarily make it correct. and bare in mind, this paper is only worth 15% so if u smash unit 5 which is worth 20% u should be fine. and if u retook f332 which is much easier than A2 and worth the most 25%. Working on timings should also help. better to focus on future papers cos what is done is done. what do u need to get? all As

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anni101)
    tbh you may have done better than expected. just cos ppl have been discussing answers on her doesn't necessarily make it correct. and bare in mind, this paper is only worth 15% so if u smash unit 5 which is worth 20% u should be fine. and if u retook f332 which is much easier than A2 and worth the most 25%. Working on timings should also help. better to focus on future papers cos what is done is done. what do u need to get? all As
    By some stroke of god given luck they reduced my offer to a B in chemistry but its the fact that I'm so worried that I didn't even get the marks for a B! It really angers me to think that I could have done better because I'd revised so much but I didn't perform my best when it came down to the final paper. But you're totally right about focusing on F335. I'm just worried that it'll be harsh paper as well seeing as its the bigger one.
    How did you think it went?

ReputationRep:
    still so annoyed ughh.
    what did you guys write for modifying medicine?
    and for the hydrolysising one - one of them had a -COOH and -OH right...?
    I put Di because there was two peaks for ether, meaning one of the ethanoate groups had been removed, as the structure for tri had only one ether bond😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anni101)
    I'm literally going to study F335 like there's no tomorrow. I retook F332 and that went really well so I'm just hoping that F332 and F335 can really get my grade up :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackkilbeyy)
    I put Di because there was two peaks for ether, meaning one of the ethanoate groups had been removed, as the structure for tri had only one ether bond😁
    ohh tbh i rushed that q, but i wasnt talking about that Q..
    talking about the one where u had to draw the hydrolysing products

ReputationRep:
    They gave us a managable but awakward physics exam today but f334 was total bs imo i answered everything but have no idea if they were right tbh

ReputationRep:
    it was the first tri that on the IR as no 0H group was shown so it was the other molecule without OH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAddict)
    They gave us a managable but awakward physics exam today but f334 was total bs imo i answered everything but have no idea if they were right tbh
    Are you talking about G494?

ReputationRep:
    how many marks to draw structural formula of monomer?
    The one at the beginning? 2 marks

ReputationRep:
    My logic was that in the tri all the hydroxyl groups underwent esterification. In di 1 group didnt. no OH led me to believe it was tri

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diamond Crafter)

Well it's the first year in which the government has lifted the cap on the number of students universities are allowed to enrol on their courses without facing financial penalties.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.