The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
The Legal Eagle
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kittiara)
Do we have paprika crisps? I like paprika crisps.
I don't think we do, sadly. I'll get a mass order sorted out. Taxpayer is paying, of course!
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What can I say? They're yummy.
Agreed. Shame it's only Pringles that seem to do paprika in the UK. Not that there's anything wrong with Pringles, mind, other than mustering up enough restraint to not eat an entire tube in one go.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Legal Eagle)
I don't think we do, sadly. I'll get a mass order sorted out. Taxpayer is paying, of course!
Gotta love the taxpayer! While you're ordering, buy more Whiskey. You can never have enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Legal Eagle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by O133)
Ever the Continental, Kitt.

A bag of prawn cocktail and some pork scratchings over here please.
Coming your way...

What can I say? They're yummy.
I agree. We SHOULD stock more varieties. How about a VONC in the bartender - Mr Fiction? I propose!!
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If the taxpayer is paying, please do make sure to stock up properly, thank you! A year's supply will do for now.

(Original post by O133)
Agreed. Shame it's only Pringles that seem to do paprika in the UK. Not that there's anything wrong with Pringles, mind, other than mustering up enough restraint to not eat an entire tube in one go.
Walkers do some quite tasty ones. Though similar restraint is required.
The Legal Eagle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
Gotta love the taxpayer! While you're ordering, buy more Whiskey. You can never have enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Agreed! We'll need to get a Finance Bill through soon - a tax raise for our funding is in order.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I agree. We SHOULD stock more varieties. How about a VONC in the bartender - Mr Fiction? I propose!!
I thought Mr Deputy Speaker was the barman?
The Legal Eagle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If the taxpayer is paying, please do make sure to stock up properly, thank you! A year's supply will do for now.
Only a year? With everything taken into account, 10 packs a day until the millennium is out should be a good number. That is, per person.
The Legal Eagle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by O133)
I thought Mr Deputy Speaker was the barman?
And this is why I shouldn't have more than one can of coke zero - the high sugar level causes me to see blur.

In that case, let's not have a VONC. A round on me to celebrate unity! Hoorah!
Join in: 'For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellowwww, that nobody can deny!" Welcome to the year 2000! Oh, wait. Wrong time.
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Only a year? With everything taken into account, 10 packs a day until the millennium is out should be a good number. That is, per person.
Ah, I see your point, my most Honourable Colleague. Yes, that sounds fair. And surely we will get a discount placing a larger order, which will benefit the taxpayers.
The Legal Eagle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ah, I see your point, my most Honourable Colleague. Yes, that sounds fair. And surely we will get a discount placing a larger order, which will benefit the taxpayers.
I forgot about economies of scale. Mind you, my bank balance is running a little low. Fancy splitting the savings from the bulk purchase?
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I forgot about economies of scale. Mind you, my bank balance is running a little low. Fancy splitting the savings from the bulk purchase?
:ninjagirl: The walls have ears, my dear friend. So NO, definitely not! Meet me in the park to discuss this later, will you? You know the bench...
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
And this is why I shouldn't have more than one can of coke zero - the high sugar level causes me to see blur.

In that case, let's not have a VONC. A round on me to celebrate unity! Hoorah!
Join in: 'For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellowwww, that nobody can deny!" Welcome to the year 2000! Oh, wait. Wrong time.
I'll have a whiskey then!
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Coming your way...

I second the VoNC - or in the very least - we need someone who'll keep the bar stocked, and the bartended on track!
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
I second the VoNC - or in the very least - we need someone who'll keep the bar stocked, and the bartended on track!
Hear hear!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
*gasp*

JD and Coke is the best thing going.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wrong, JD is swill. Only a single malt Scotch is acceptable. No ice, just a dash of spring water. Preferably from the same spring as the whisky.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No Scotch less than ten years old either!
Cryptographic
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by O133)
Here's a map of Thanet South, complete with the affiliation of the local councillors. There's more red than I expected, mostly in Ramsgate.

Also (in Thanet North) the town which shares its name with our dear Speaker. I was there last Easter, and it was quite nice.
Where did you get that map from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ok, whose bottle of 12 year old Glenfiddich is this? I can only assume someone smuggled it in, but if no one claims it, I'll be taking it home with me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TeeEff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Ok, whose bottle of 12 year old Glenfiddich is this? I can only assume someone smuggled it in, but if no one claims it, I'll be taking it home with me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My parliamentary expenses bill says it's mine
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads