The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich
It's absolutely clear at thie stage that Suarez did have an exit clause which Arsenal met, but that after you lot flat refused to honour it, Arsenal decided they didnt fancy bringing it to court(which would have taken months and months anyway) and Suarez realised he was stuck. Liverpool had nothing to lose really by weaselling anyway and it worked so fair play really

Had Arsenal signed Suarez he'd still be at Barca btw except Arsenal would have won the title and pocketed the £80m instead

Arsenal couldn't really take Liverpool to court, only Suarez could as at the end of the day, it was a contract between him and Liverpool, not Arsenal and Liverpool. The PFA got involved but gave the all clear anyway but the contract clause was dodgy and not as clear cut as you made it out to be and benefited Liverpool in the end.
(edited 8 years ago)
Good win today, lol at Liverpool.
Original post by samir12
Arsenal couldn't really take Liverpool to court, only Suarez could as at the end of the day, it was a contract between him and Liverpool, not Arsenal and Liverpool. The PFA got involved but gave the all clear anyway but the contract clause was dodgy and not as clear cut as you made it out to be and benefited Liverpool in the end.

As a unilateral contract, Arsenal could have taken Liverpool to court for an order of specific performance.

of course this doesn't matter. as it was only a good faith clause.
Original post by sevchenko
Considering the pressure we were under during that QF FA tie as the holders and away at OT I thought we played extremely well. The fear factor seems to have eroded a little bit, previous Arsenal squads would have crumbled under the pressure imo.

We were quite solid during the 2-0 lost to chelsea, we struggled to create chances really. In the end they had that extra bit of quality which won they the game. Next season we can go there with more than a decent chance.

We did play good. Probably one of the better performance pre January. But even if we play better, without parking a turbojet, we will still lose. It's weird how wenger set up at SB. Last season the game before at spurs we played beautifully defensively and at emirates, we play safe against Chelsea yet open up there. So I don't think he'll change the set up. I just hope it's one of the early games of the season.
West brim got battered
Original post by samir12

We probably could've if the clause was tight and not open to interpretation. There's precedence, albeit not here, with BM and MU forcing Athletic to sell. But with La liga, the clause are mandatory so can't be misinterpreted as something else.
Original post by Stefano93
When Wenger leaves who would you guys like to see take the position?

Purely hypothetical scenario but considering these managers are available and willing;

Klopp
Guardiola
Ancelotti
Simeone

Wenger leave............cute.

He'll probably sign another 3 year deal so our future manager is a nobody atm.
Original post by Zürich
Quote from Chelsea forum:

''Can tell Cesc really loves Chelsea', proper blue''

IMG_20150524_205733.jpg
my days Jack's goal
Reply 869
Walcott has 5 goals in 4 PL starts this season and some fans want him out smh.
Also Ospina:frown:
Walcott's gotta start the final.
Original post by Mackay
Walcott's gotta start the final.

Would go with the same lineup but with Rambo for Cazorla and Monrielny. Jacks penetration with Ramseys off the ball movement will be like football sex.
Wilshere has scored 6 BPL goals, 2 of which have been voted goal of the season.
Ronnie Radford, Keith Houchen, Rod Wallace - their legacies turned to mulch by Arsenal fans with smartphones.

get mad suckaz. twitter pollin is our life
Original post by Arkasia
Wilshere has scored 6 BPL goals, 2 of which have been voted goal of the season.

Tbh, I don't think this year's is deserves, Zamora's was better I think.
Original post by Hatau24
Tbh, I don't think this year's is deserves, Zamora's was better I think.

I would've voted Charlie Adam, but my point still stands - Wilshere tends to score worldies (last year's one was one of my favourite goals of all time).
Great goal by Wilshere today - and Walcott was unbelievably sharp. He's changed the game twice in two games while being deployed as a substitute, and today he was electric from the off when given a starting berth. Surely you won't get rid of him?
[video="youtube;8fUCAiIJhpw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fUCAiIJhpw[/video]
meese? **** me, jack u srs?
Original post by Arkasia
I would've voted Charlie Adam

Courtois should've saved it.

Latest