Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone explain the difference between physiology and physiotherapy. Not many universities offer physiotherapy and I am a bit confused with the differences between the two. I have checked and found out that you get placement in the first year for physiotherapy, is this the only difference? Also, how much work experience did you guys get for physiotherapy? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

In my last year doing a Sport Rehabilitation degree and I applied for physio just before the deadline on the 15th January. Just wondered if anybody was in a similar situation, and what their experiences have been so far in terms of interviews and offers for the postgraduate student undertaking an undergraduate course.
    Also, for anyone else who applied late, have they heard anything back yet in terms of interviews?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coconut64)
    Could anyone explain the difference between physiology and physiotherapy. Not many universities offer physiotherapy and I am a bit confused with the differences between the two. I have checked and found out that you get placement in the first year for physiotherapy, is this the only difference? Also, how much work experience did you guys get for physiotherapy? Thanks
    Hey,

You seem to be way off in your ideas about the two courses, as they are both completely different. Physiology is a branch of biological science which looks in depth at the internal processes of a living organism (respiration processes etc).
    Physiotherapy on the other hand is essentially the study of physical medicine and rehabilitation covering areas such as msk, cardiorespiratory and neurology.
    The only vague similarity is that Physiology or 'pathophysiology' is a taught module in the physiotherapy degree.

Hope this helps clear things up.

ReputationRep:
    Hey is anyone else at the Hertfordshire interview on Wednesday?

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if anyone has ever received an unconditional offer for Physio without having already achieved their A-Levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearMeRoar)
    I was just wondering if anyone has ever received an unconditional offer for Physio without having already achieved their A-Levels?
    They don't exist hahaha, unconditionals for physio don't exist for A level students!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I was guessing they didn't! I only thought I'd ask because I've had friends who have received unconditional offers for Veterinary Medicine and Dentistry without having achieved grades, and I know that they're also super competitive courses
    (Original post by ksharples)
    They don't exist hahaha, unconditionals for physio don't exist for A level students!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomas95r)
    Hey guys,

In my last year doing a Sport Rehabilitation degree and I applied for physio just before the deadline on the 15th January. Just wondered if anybody was in a similar situation, and what their experiences have been so far in terms of interviews and offers for the postgraduate student undertaking an undergraduate course.
    Also, for anyone else who applied late, have they heard anything back yet in terms of interviews?

Thanks
    Hey, ive also done a sports rehab degree. Ive taken a year out to work within the NHS and now ive applied for the BSc Physiotherapy. I dont think they will single you out because you have previously done a sports degree but you will have to have done placements or work experience where it isnt just in a sports setting otherwise they wont consider your application and will think youre only interested in the sports side of the degree rather than the whole Physiotherapy side as theres so much more than sports involved. I have a friend who works with a good Rugby league team however as her previous experiences have always been sports shes been rejected on 3 occasions on the MSc and the BSc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwendavies)
    I had interviews for Keele, Cardiff, Bournemouth and UWE in late November/December. Has anyone heard back from these universities yet with offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Heeey! I had interviews for Cardiff and UWE mid-December and I got an offer from Cardiff a couple of weeks ago and one from UWE last week! So hopefully you will hear back soon! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amymarshall)
    Heeey! I had interviews for Cardiff and UWE mid-December and I got an offer from Cardiff a couple of weeks ago and one from UWE last week! So hopefully you will hear back soon! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had interviews at UWE and Cardiff in December. I had a rejection from UWE and haven't heard back from Cardiff so am getting worried!
    Great news about your offers though!

ReputationRep:
    two rejections from Keele and Liverpool, waiting for offers from Birmingham, Southampton and Nottingham. I'm so scared, I got declined based on my grades but they exceed the boundaries. I'm guessing my personal statement is boring. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaRaH.S97)
    two rejections from Keele and Liverpool, waiting for offers from Birmingham, Southampton and Nottingham. I'm so scared, I got declined based on my grades but they exceed the boundaries. I'm guessing my personal statement is boring. :/
    When did you apply to Keele???

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys could anyone who has had an interview tell us what sort of questions came up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam_Gazza)
    Hey guys could anyone who has had an interview tell us what sort of questions came up?
    Obviously not allowed to say exactly what questions, but just know the NHS values/physiotherapy skills and be able to back what you say up with work experience/extra curricular activities. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amymarshall)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done on your offers!! It feels like I've been waiting ages now, so hopefully I'll hear something soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kroast)
    Hi everyone! I received an interview invite form Brighton? Has anyone else?
    Hey me too, 10th feb bricking it haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ksharples)
    Why??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisIsNotMyNamex)
    Anyone else got an interview this week for Birmingham!?? Absolutely pissing myself!!!
    Yeah got mine on wednesday!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview at Salford OR does anyone know what level the Maths test is please? I read on a Midwifery forum that it's A* standard GCSE?! My GCSEs were about 10 years ago and I have a day to prepare. Not really worth driving 4 hours to fail a Maths test and go home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Has anyone had an interview at Salford OR does anyone know what level the Maths test is please? I read on a Midwifery forum that it's A* standard GCSE?! My GCSEs were about 10 years ago and I have a day to prepare. Not really worth driving 4 hours to fail a Maths test and go home.
    I've not had an interview nor do I know anything about the uni maths exam but common sense tells me it wont be A* GCSE standard. More like C standard

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 3, 2018

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.