Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Received conditional offers from University of York, University of Liverpool, and Lancaster University, just waiting to hear from Birmingham (sitting my LNAT on the 29th) and Queen Mary London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barnsworth)
    Well done, you must of done pretty well in your LNAT. When did you sit the LNAT and when did your universities give you a response?
    I sat my LNAT on 8th October but I felt it went horrendously, I first heard from Warwick three weeks later, then rejected from Oxford in mid November. Nottigham and Bristol came 2 weeks ago on the same day and York I received on Friday after having an interview on the 8th December

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozzerpurple98)
    I sat my LNAT on 8th October but I felt it went horrendously, I first heard from Warwick three weeks later, then rejected from Oxford in mid November. Nottigham and Bristol came 2 weeks ago on the same day and York I received on Friday after having an interview on the 8th December
    Oh, were these conditional or unconditional offers? What grades do you need to get? Where do you think you'll go? And uhm, since Bristol & Nottingham gave you offers you must of done ok, or you're predicted good grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saule1116)
    Oxford, Durham (I know this uni will take its time to get back to me ), York, Leicester, and Oxford Brookes.
    How did you get on with York?

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone doing now?

I've got offers from Leeds, Exeter and Birmingham but rejected by UCL.

Just waiting on Bristol, have many of you heard back from them? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barnsworth)
    Oh, were these conditional or unconditional offers? What grades do you need to get? Where do you think you'll go? And uhm, since Bristol & Nottingham gave you offers you must of done ok, or you're predicted good grades?
    I need 3 A's for all of them except Nottingham which is A*AA, I'm currently stuck between Bristol and Nottigham. I'm predicted A*A*A, where have you heard from so far?

ReputationRep:
    Do you mind me asking what offer Bristol gave you?

Well done! that's all so great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dodo15)
    Do you mind me asking what offer Bristol gave you?

Well done! that's all so great!
    Considering I flopped one of my AS subjects I'm happy, Bristol gave me AAA or A*AB, have you applied there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faith_Eloise)
    How did you get on with York?
    Went to the interview, got the offer. Super excited.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saule1116)
    Went to the interview, got the offer. Super excited.
    Me too! What's your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faith_Eloise)
    Me too! What's your first choice?
    Durham (if they accept me), or York. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Come to York guys with me !! Im going to firm them and they look super duper awesome!!

ReputationRep:
    can anyone suggest material to study for LNAT. my exam is next week. I have only two practice tests which are from the website. and I'm reading two out of the four books prescribed. feel free to suggest stuff to read. Thanks. Also, I'm new to TSR so please excuse me if this post is in the wrong place which I feel it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aayushk)
    can anyone suggest material to study for LNAT. my exam is next week. I have only two practice tests which are from the website. and I'm reading two out of the four books prescribed. feel free to suggest stuff to read. Thanks. Also, I'm new to TSR so please excuse me if this post is in the wrong place which I feel it is.
    Hi! Did the LNAT on the 18th so I feel like it's fresh in my mind on how to approach it! Sit yourself in a quiet room, no distractions and just read articles from guardian, times and BBC. For each article just outline the main arguement/viewpoint. Also, read the economist, financial times, national geographic since most extracts are pulled out of these kinds of magazines. Furthermore, just remain calm. I actually looked up some LSAT papers. These had smaller shorter extracts and I went though about 80 - they were great fun!! Stay calm and read carefully and you WILL be fine!

ReputationRep:
    Don't know how but I've got all my offers already, rejected by Oxford but have offers from Bristol, Nottigham, Warwick and York
    Congrats! if you dont mind me asking, what were your AS grades and A2 predicted grades ?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to KCL,UCL,Durham,Glasgow and Nottingham,haven't heard from any of them yet.
    Guess they'll start sending in offers after the Christmas break

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmicsparrow)
    Hi! Did the LNAT on the 18th so I feel like it's fresh in my mind on how to approach it! Sit yourself in a quiet room, no distractions and just read articles from guardian, times and BBC. For each article just outline the main arguement/viewpoint. Also, read the economist, financial times, national geographic since most extracts are pulled out of these kinds of magazines. Furthermore, just remain calm. I actually looked up some LSAT papers. These had smaller shorter extracts and I went though about 80 - they were great fun!! Stay calm and read carefully and you WILL be fine!
    All right. Thank you. How helpful are the practice exercises? In case you have a few, would you please share it with me? I'd appreciate that. Thanks.
    Oh, and Merry Christmas to All!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aayushk)
    All right. Thank you. How helpful are the practice exercises? In case you have a few, would you please share it with me? I'd appreciate that. Thanks.
    Oh, and Merry Christmas to All!
    - the practise isn't helpful in the sense that the more you do, the better you will become. For me, they just gave me a basis of how I'll do and if I could do the exam in the time given. 2 will be enough - in fact I barely completed one! Just type in LSAT prepaper onto Google and one will come up - just do section 2 and 3 in that for further practise.

Merry Christmas to everyone on the student room - hope we get late Christmas presents in the form of offers from our dream Unis!

ReputationRep:
    - the practise isn't helpful in the sense that the more you do, the better you will become. For me, they just gave me a basis of how I'll do and if I could do the exam in the time given. 2 will be enough - in fact I barely completed one! Just type in LSAT prepaper onto Google and one will come up - just do section 2 and 3 in that for further practise.

Merry Christmas to everyone on the student room - hope we get late Christmas presents in the form of offers from our dream Unis!
    Yes, Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy St Stephen's Day, tomorrow.x

ReputationRep:

Right! thanks a lot Hope you get your choice of Uni!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.