Turn on thread page Beta

Do you agree with Same-sex marriage? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you agree with Same-sex Marriage?
    Yes!
    77.34%
    NO!!!
    22.66%

ReputationRep:
    Let people do what they want. The worlds overpopulated anyways. Though I think it would be good for them to donate their genes if they happen to be favorable.

Even if they fail miserably, we're allowed to since its the only way we learn, or reach higher levels of inner peace its their own choice. People can make mistakes or die, love or live however they want, whoever they want.

We all constantly make different ideas or cultures, people that act differently or irregularly as inferior to us. We judge anything that is not the norm as inferior, e.g geeks, nerds, goths, emos, gays, lesbians, tryhardstudents or just that kid who eats alone and gets bullied at school. Its how society and social hierarchies function. But it doesn't have a place in the modern world. We've been defying nature and natural selection for a long time, even the weak can pass on their genes, why not deny this primitive and outdated way of thinking too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew_Lowson)
    Just to flip the question - what are people's stances on the right of hetrosexual couples to get civil partnerships?
    Sure why not. Let gay couples get married if they want, let hetro couples get a civil partnership if they want. Although isn't getting a civil partnership legally the same as marriage anyway? I've never understood what the difference is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanity MIA)
    Sure why not. Let gay couples get married if they want, let hetro couples get a civil partnership if they want. Although isn't getting a civil partnership legally the same as marriage anyway? I've never understood what the difference is
    There really is hardly any difference, a heterosexual couple went through courts for years trying to be allowed to have a civil partnership but lost. Now that gay marriage is legal we should just get rid of civil partnerships

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Imagine if she turned out to be gay though lol, I’d laugh. Most homophobes are gay lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by EnglishRawr)
    Imagine if she turned out to be gay though lol, I’d laugh. Most homophobes are gay lol
    Er? :L
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Gentle reminder not to bump old threads, folks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.