Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vuvuzela)
    Wow that's some tough competition. Thanks, will let him know

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is sort of understandable as it's 2nd in the world and has been 1st in the UK for architecture for the past decade odd..
    (^if 2000 people apply and 100 get in then it's 20 applicants/place aha)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    It is sort of understandable as it's 2nd in the world and has been 1st in the UK for architecture for the past decade odd..
    (^if 2000 people apply and 100 get in then it's 20 applicants/place aha)
    on the 2016 prospectus it says 16,so idk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    Just had my interview today at UCL.. Felt very rushed (may be as I was last to be interviewed). Not really sure how it went.. There were good points and points I reckon not so good..
    I was wondering whether there was a significance as to the order in which you are interviewed?
    Did they ask many questions about your portfolio? I have mine on the 15th and I have no idea what to expect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akeakeake)
    Guys, would anyone, from people who couldn't make it to the interviews in UCL, be so kind to send their drawing tasks?
    May be it is too much to ask for... I am just very curious..
    I'll pm you ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangostan)
    Did they ask many questions about your portfolio? I have mine on the 15th and I have no idea what to expect
    I wasn't asked much about my portfolio because I generally just talked/commented about it as she was going through it. It is incredibly casual and there really isn't anything that can be prepared for. It seemed to be mainly them trying to get to know you and your motivations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nairline)
    I'll pm you ?
    Yes please, I'm just so worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    I wasn't asked much about my portfolio because I generally just talked/commented about it as she was going through it. It is incredibly casual and there really isn't anything that can be prepared for. It seemed to be mainly them trying to get to know you and your motivations
    did they ask you anything regarding the task you submitted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Francescopsq97)
    did they ask you anything regarding the task you submitted?
    Just sort of what your reasoning was for them and why you chose the medium you did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    Just sort of what your reasoning was for them and why you chose the medium you did.
    what do you mean with medium? with english not being my first language sometimes i still don't get some concepts lol

ReputationRep:
    It means what media/materials you used to produce the work; watercolour, charcoal, graphite, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Oh you meant media. Now I figure it all out! Thx!

ReputationRep:
    For all the international/eu students: What is your motivation to study architecture in the UK and not elsewhere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    For all the international/eu students: What is your motivation to study architecture in the UK and not elsewhere?
    I just think that the UK could help me grow more, because it's such an important country in trade, art and economy. I also really love the culture, people seem to be very nice and respecting of other peoples personal space. (italians are really invasive) I also think that the UK would challenge me more than my home country. I'm from Italy and here we don't have cities such as London, where most famous architects found success... I also want to get more confident with my english by using it on a daily basis. I'm willing to work hard and I think that the UK is the best place for people willing to do so.

ReputationRep:
    One really quick question, if they say they need the portfolio by 15th Feb so would I have to hand it in before 14th Feb's 11:59pm or 15th Feb 11:59pm???!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkofaneyee)
    One really quick question, if they say they need the portfolio by 15th Feb so would I have to hand it in before 14th Feb's 11:59pm or 15th Feb 11:59pm???!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    definitely 14th Feb's 11:59pm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akeakeake)
    Yes please, I'm just so worried
    Can't seem to pm you the pics. Can you give me your email?

ReputationRep:
    Would I be able to see the tasks of those who made it to the interviews at UCL pls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nairline)
    Would I be able to see the tasks of those who made it to the interviews at UCL pls?
    I didnt keep a copy of mine but they were essentially observational drawings in pencil and pen of rooms in my house from different viewpoints e.g. from top of the fridge, behind a door, tc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    Did they ask about what you wrote in your personal statement? (The 2nd one not the ucas one)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangostan)
    Did they ask about what you wrote in your personal statement? (The 2nd one not the ucas one)
    Personally wasn't asked about anything in either personal statements.. Not sure if others were.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.