The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS3/BUSS4 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elephantz
I literally wrote nothing about this :/ I wrote about the EU positives and negatives on the uk gvmnt and businesses, the effect of technological change (e commerce) on the success of a business and the effect of a recession on the success of a business with relevant examples 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote about the EU as well... hopefully wont be worthless...
Original post by saran12
It was on government policies tho 😕

Government policies are influenced by the EU tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by splashywill
I wrote about the EU as well... hopefully wont be worthless...

It won't be worthless if you made that point that it was the governments decision to be a part of the European Union or there decision to call a referendum
Original post by ryanroks1
I did question 2 and question 5 and thought they were pretty good! I wasn't sure on my examples for question 2 given it was a forward-looking question, but I tried my best to relate them to possible future developments and how growth isn't predicted to slow down.

Question 5 on leadership was almost identical to one I'd practised a few days before so I was very pleased!

OMG same I was practicing an essay question yesterday which just so happened to be very similar to q5 !
Original post by JoshFlySon
who did question 3 ? what were your points

I did how culture is hard to change because it's engrained but then I also said about how culture can be changed relatively quickly if the leader is right with examples. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elephantz
I literally wrote nothing about this :/ I wrote about the EU positives and negatives on the uk gvmnt and businesses, the effect of technological change (e commerce) on the success of a business and the effect of a recession on the success of a business with relevant examples 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote pretty much the same as you : fiscal , monetary demand side policies and the effect of contractionary fiscal policy and high interest rates etc ( hot money flows etc )

then talked about how other factors may influence the success of a business operating in the UK such as culture and leadership decisions and how they react to government policies . E.G. Higher corporation tax in the UK, however a strategy adopted of lean production may allow the business to remain competitive internationally and keep profit margins at a sufficient level
Do you recon Jim will put up an unofficial mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tomsouth98
Do you recon Jim will put up an unofficial mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe, but check out his twitter in the mean time - he's posted lots of possible lines of analysis.

https://twitter.com/tutor2u/with_replies
Maybe, but check out his twitter in the mean time - he's posted lots of possible lines of analysis.

https://twitter.com/tutor2u/with_replies

But not for question 3 😩😩 the one I did

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a little bit annoyed as that could have gone either way.

I did question one for e-commerce, basically talked about how shareholders can benefit or suffer in terms of capital gain depending on whether they invest in firms that embrace e-commerce or not.

Then for customers, discussed convenience etc., balanced it with privacy concerns and the few benefits bricks and mortar has over online shopping. Also discussed cutting on intermediaries and how that could negatively affect Thomas Cook who could be softly locked in.

Then the dilemma. I saw that government question - had a really good essay based on the strong pound and INTEREST RATES! Income elasticity and all that. Really good essay. But I forgot that they were set by the government (Fiscal and Monetary Policy) so I didn't wanna chance it and I did the culture essay.. in about 20 mins...

Points - Anthony Jenkins' failure to sort Barclays out despite having 3 years
Dave Lewis reformed Tesco very quickly
Satya Nadulla's leadership style was instantly embraced (stark contrast to Steve Ballmer)
Went on a bit of a tangent, referring to the fact that explicit unethical behaviour is gonna require more work than accidental e.g. Toyota, Sony (contingency planning)
Discussed internal resistance to change e.g. Apple's innovative culture and the legacy of Steve Jobs - why try and fix what's not broken?
Concluded that quick change is possible but it depends on good leadership primarily
Original post by tomsouth98
Question 3!!?!?!?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

See my most recent post - I did Q3 :smile:
Original post by JoshFlySon
who did question 3 ? what were your points

see my recent post mate
Original post by billymccreith
see my recent post mate

My essay was quite similar to yours I did the point that culture is engrained into all employees making it very hard to change - I used for examples Barclays and RBS

Then my against point said about if the leadership is effective and understands the business they can change the culture relatively quickly. - I used tesco (Dave Lewis) and Moyà green.

Then my conclusion I said on the whole that culture will take years to change but it does depend on the leadership and if they can communicate and understand the business.

Do you agree with that!??

Posted from TSR Mobile
For question 3 is it okay if I used Lewin's force field analysis as employees may be resistant to the changing of culture - therefore taking many years?
For question 2, i made a point about dominoes e-commerce strategy and how it has been successful along with their m-commerce investments etc This example along with the analyse was mainly about their current strategy and its effects, since this wasn't particularly linked to 'Future' strategy of e-commerce, do you think i will get no marks for this.

Any opinions on this would be very helpful, thanks.
Reply 875
Original post by marcusjh96
For question 2, i made a point about dominoes e-commerce strategy and how it has been successful along with their m-commerce investments etc This example along with the analyse was mainly about their current strategy and its effects, since this wasn't particularly linked to 'Future' strategy of e-commerce, do you think i will get no marks for this.

Any opinions on this would be very helpful, thanks.

you might, if your analysis is relevent to the question
Although this is a bit late considering the exam was last week, for q4 I spoke about how the success of a business operating in the uk is determined by the uk government as they set the interest rate which can determine the revenues and cost of a business. However, the uk government doesn't actually set the interest rate as this is done by the Bank of England
Would I still get good marks for this?
100 UMS in BUSS4! :biggrin:

Rather disappointed with BUSS3 though at 72
Hi everyone

Happy results day! How did Business go for you?

Congrats to everyone on finishing their exams - you did amazing for getting through them no matter what grade you got

If you need any advice on results, adjustment, clearing or uni go check out our Applications and UCAS forum

business

100 UMS in BUSS4! :biggrin:

Rather disappointed with BUSS3 though at 72

Omg that's so good..... Lol I got a D in buss4 & B in buss3 - overall a B.... It's better than expected!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending