The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - 20th June 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ayaz789
What do you mean working out g? As a 6 marker? Like what would i write;/

talk about how to measure time period, vary the length l. Then you could plot T squared against l, you would expect a straight line from the origin with gradient= 4pi squared over g. then you can work out g. it most likely wont come up though.
Original post by doshea1311
talk about how to measure time period, vary the length l. Then you could plot T squared against l, you would expect a straight line from the origin with gradient= 4pi squared over g. then you can work out g. it most likely wont come up though.

Ahh okay!:smile: Any other recommendations?
Original post by Ayaz789
Ahh okay!:smile: Any other recommendations?

it was gravity last year so unlikely to be that. Just make sure you know your capacitors, with special detail about like energy, current and voltage changes when charging and discharging, cos that could also be one.
Original post by chickenhips223
Order food from UBER using code: uberfood16 to get £10 off your first delivery. They don't charge for the actual delivery btw!! and there is no minimum charge.

Huh uber? Is this some topic in physics I haven't seen yet?
it was gravity last year so unlikely to be that. Just make sure you know your capacitors, with special detail about like energy, current and voltage changes when charging and discharging, cos that could also be one.

Ah okay , ill go over that tonight! What could they ask about that?
Original post by SirRaza97
Huh uber? Is this some topic in physics I haven't seen yet?

Likely question from AQA:

The magnetic field strength is 45mT. The kinetic energy of the electron is 5J. Calculate the mass of the sun.
Original post by Ayaz789
Ah okay , ill go over that tonight! What could they ask about that?

could possibly ask something along the lines of describe the changes that occur in capacitors when charging and discharging. and then the 3 bullet points will be like, refer to voltage current and energy. not too bad but also not that nice.
Reply 867
Just gonna put this out here. Haven't made much of it
http://www.cram.com/flashcards/phya4-7373182
Original post by rory58824

The magnetic field strength is 45mT. The kinetic energy of the electron is 5J. Calculate the mass of the sun.

Nah that's too easy for AQA. More like this:

If I had one apple and someone gave me 2 apples more. How many apples did the other person have?

Wait..wasn't it further mechanics last year? It was using Newton's Laws to explain why something traveled with circular motion or something...I swear it was???
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mgill17
Wait..wasn't it further mechanics last year? It was using Newton's Laws to explain why something travelled in circular motion or something...I swear it was???

ohhh yeah, it came up in june 13 sorry. maybe grav fields will come up this year, pray it does cos theres so much to write about.
is anyone else completely screwed, like i know some people say their gonna do bad but they do fine, nope im actually going to fail this. idek anymore, i think im going to have to resit physics next year but idk, someone give me advice
Original post by rory58824

It's on the data sheet :wink:
Correct, work is only done when moving when moving further away / closer to the source of the charge. Same as with gravity, moving along a line of equipotential will not do any work.
Can anything from AS come up?

Just going through the Jan 2011 paper and it's got fundamental vibration stuff...?
Is there a whatsapp group chat for AQA physics?
If not, should we make one?
I am in an economics group chat and it is a bit useful.
Can somebody go through the 6 marker from Jan 2012, i literally have no idea.
Original post by Watchmen98v2

thats a good idea, i could do with a chemistry one as well lol
Original post by Watchmen98v2

I have one
Original post by WTF_AM_I_DOING
thats a good idea, i could do with a chemistry one as well lol

Okay I guess I will make one and see where it goes.

PM me your number and I will try to add as many people as I can

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending