Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Whiggy)
    I have decided to take a break from the MHoC following the General Election. I may return following my break, I may not.

I am aware that I am probably the least important member here, so making this announcement was most likely pointless.
    This announcement is not pointless as losing an active member is always a blow. I hope you will return at some point though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    This announcement is not pointless as losing an active member is always a blow. I hope you will return at some point though.
    Thank you! IRL it's a very stressful time for me, therefore I can't remain active here. I'm sure you'll find more members from somewhere, and I expect they'll be more beneficial than I've been!

I'd love to return when everything blows over, but this place changes so quickly...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    Was forced to attend a talk from some charity today.
    Got my own back when they asked what the causes of poverty were. I put my hand up and said capitalism.

Got a few pissy looks so I turned round and said "Ye should really just expect that from me now."

Worth it
    "Applauds"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Honestly, I've just caught up with her Ask the Leader programme and she is just as hopeless as I thought.

She also thinks she is going to win a majority. :rofl:
    She reminds me of a special needs assistant at a school - saying simple stuff very slowly and repeating it a few times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Pretty sure it should have simply been "resign now and let cooper or Burnham take over"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't see how Burnham would win votes when he's essentially Milliband, Cooper is awful but would probably rally the female vote, Corbyn and Kendall at least explore new ground.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    The guy seems a bit clueless in all honesty..

“It’s made money before; it can make money again.”

Really? I hope he doesn't genuinely think that's how things work. I mean saving the steel industry in this country is probably worthwhile in the long run (I can't claim to have looked into it a whole lot), but that is such a silly statement.

His only idea of winning back UKIP supporters appears to be "well their leader is rich, so he can't represent the working class". Try telling that to Donald Trump ffs (or Tony Benn by contrast). It doesn't matter how rich they are, they are appealing to the fears and prejudices of some in the working class and directing their anger in the wrong direction. Obviously Jones has no control over immigration or EU policy so the way to win those voters back is to explain why those fears are misplaced, direct the anger where it should be and denounce those who try to divide us along racial or religious lines in order to distract us from the real issues in society. Even mentioning Farage is a mistake anyway, he is a cult figure and the only real reason for their support being at the level it is, but he is not the leader of the Welsh party, so really Jones should be trying to disassociate the link between Farage and Welsh UKIP rather than connecting them. I'm not even sure what reason UKIP have for running in devolved elections tbh (apart from publicity), what are they campaigning for? Their policy page literally just says "It's time for real change for Wales". Great. http://ukip.wales/policies/

Can't really disagree with him on anything about Corbyn, but most of it is probably better not being said, especially the stuff about a potential coup. I know he was probably asked about it but he should shut down it down as ridiculous and out of the question.

3/10, don't think he's going to be the next leader of Labour (judging purely from this, don't really pay attention to Welsh politics)
    I don't understand why you would vote UKIP if you aren't English, they want to reform the Barnett formula in favour of England, so....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    The fact that you want a party to be sectarian is quite alarming.
    We all want sectarianism out of parties, but the Greens and Alliance have failed miserably to separate themselves from it. Alliance as a progressive party (and the SDLP) frequently back conservative values. The Greens policies remain bonkers and pure fiction.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    Just one of her many sensible positions
    What's wrong with nuclear power?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    What's wrong with nuclear power?
    It's not technically renewable. And produces a bit of waste.

Feckin hippy.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Met Watson at Leeds station

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad

Feckin hippy.
    No, but it's a good stopgap until we can build a Dyson Sphere.
    It's better then coal.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Not serious about the Dyson sphere.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Feckin hippy.
    Its not renewable in the same way solar power isnt renewable

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    Its not renewable in the same way solar power isnt renewable

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How?
    Although uranium is found in rocks all over the world, nuclear power plants usually use a very rare type of uranium, U-235, which will eventually run out.

ReputationRep:
    How?
    Although uranium is found in rocks all over the world, nuclear power plants usually use a very rare type of uranium, U-235, which will eventually run out.
    As others have stated, nuclear power is necessary until we can effectively move to renewable alternatives.

I do agree that we need to act swiftly, however, as nuclear power will soon run out.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    TheDefiniteArticle

Thoughts on this song ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    TheDefiniteArticle

Thoughts on this song ?
    ...do you like Nickelback?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    How?
    Theres enough u-235 for it to be a sustainable source of energy. Though it wont last forever neither will our sun, or the wind, or the tides.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle;6419546 3)
    ...do you like Nickelback?
    Thats certain song is pretty good TBH .....There not that bad ....

.............Better than this song

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Thats certain song is pretty good TBH .....There not that bad ....

.............Better than this song
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    No, but it's a good stopgap until we can build a Dyson Sphere.
    It's better then coal.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Not serious about the Dyson sphere.
    I, at first, thought that was something to do with James Dyson and it was gonna be this giant hoover sucking up energy or something.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.